Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Defrost setting air flow question

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hey guys, so basically no matter what vent setting I have it set at (ie feet, vents, windshield/defrost), air/heat ALWAYS comes out of the farthest right and farthest left air vents, and NOTHING comes out of the little defroster vents above those circular air vents. Does that make sense? So the little 5 or 6 slotted defroster vents that point directly at the driver's side and passengers side windows never have any air flow coming out of them, and I mean never, but air always comes out of those vents right below them, so I just point them at the windows to defrost. Does anyone else notice this as well? Is it an issue? I feel like on the defroster setting, air should be coming out of those little slotted vent pointing at the windows like in all other cars. Let me know guys
    Current: 2018 Audi Exclusive Nogaro Blue RS3 w/Black optics, Tech, Dynamic, Drivers Assistance, RS Design Packages, Carbon Inlays, Carbon Mirror

Past: 2014 Black S4 DSG/1999 Eclipse GSX

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Yes I have noticed this as well and have pointed the adjustable vents towards the windows. When there`s frost on the inside of the front side windows, well, you won`t be going anywhere for a bit unless you want to start scraping the inside of the windows.
    2018 Audi RS3 - Ara Blue, Black Optics

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

iíve noticed this as well. yeah as super confused about it but eventually figured it was by design. glad to see confirmation here ;)
    2018 RS3 (Daytona Grey, tech, dynamic, RS design)