Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Going from S4 to RS3... the big question: Unitronic Stage1+ tune?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Feedbacks? Is it reliable? Do you feel the 100hp/100tq gain? Better fuel economy?

Any hassle with the dealership when you go do your scheduled maintenance?

Thanks

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 Mustang GT with track pack+ tune+ Exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by SanS4 View Post
    Feedbacks? Is it reliable? Do you feel the 100hp/100tq gain? Better fuel economy?

Any hassle with the dealership when you go do your scheduled maintenance?

Thanks
    When I was getting rid of my S3 I looked at the S4 and RS3 as two options. Ended up with the RS3 because it was far more fun while still be a solid DD. I am currently running Unitronic Stage 1+ ECU, Stage 2 TCU and Unitronics turbo inlet pipe on my RS3. Prior to my RS3, my S3 was Stage 1+ ECU and Stage 1 TCU by Unitronic. At the time I hit 1.2k miles on my RS3 Unitronic had only the stage 1+ file around and I have been running it for almost 6k miles. No issues and it makes an impact. Stage 1+ feels like an OEM tune and when driving casually it feels a little more responsive/eager to me. Start playing with the car and you feel a noticeable increase in power. The car will just keep pulling and pulling. When driving normally I saw a 1.5 mpg increase over stock with it. Granted I only had the first 1.2k miles to compare it too, but I did notice increased mpg's on my work commute. I haven't noticed any negatives or issues so far with their tunes. As I said earlier I had a Unitronic tuned S3 for 3 years and never had any issues with it either.

As far as dealer hassle goes this is a grey area. With Unitronic and their uniconnect cable you can flash from home with an internet connection. Ideally when you need to take your car in for service you would revert your car to stock (which is truly your stock tune instead of a stock like tune) at home. This way when you go to the dealer they don't see a modified tune uploaded and active. After you are done at the dealer head home to upload your tune again. The grey area is the flash counter, but that is if they look and decide to dig deep. My S3 was never questioned and the local dealer said they could easily slap a warranty on it used.