Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Thread: 02 Allroad Help

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

02 Allroad Help

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Long story but I just purchased an 2002 Audi Allroad 2.7T automatic. Bought the car it wouldn't come out of park when you turned the ignition switch on. It would start with a jump. If key wasn't on you could move shifter freely. As soon as you turned the key on the shifter would lock. Temporarily solved that problem by unhooking the safety switch. Not sure what its called but at the front of the shifter that moves when you hit the brake. Installed new battery. Started car and drove it home. Seemed a little sluggish like something was holding it back. Once it got moving it was fine. Drove about 40 miles. Realized half way through the trip that it wasn't shifting. Trans was stuck in one gear. Figured trans was in limp mode. The PRND indicator does not show up on the dash. Check engine light, abs light, and the light with a circle and triangle in the middle was on. I also noticed the heat was not working. It was blowing out cool air. Got it home and decided to hook my laptop up to it. I have vcds on my laptop. Hooked it up and the alarm horn started going off. It wont quit, its a constant sound. Only way to get it to quit is unhook the battery. Car starts and runs fine. Door locks aren't working. On my drive home I tested the windows and the sunroof and they where working then. Haven't tested them since the alarm horn started going off. I was unable to read the codes for the tcm. It said no communication when I tried to read it. I'm leaning toward a bad ccm and possibly a bad tcm. I'm looking for any and all help. Thanks

AZ Member #

Also every time you shut the car off and turn it back on it switches all the readings to metric.

AZ Member #

Also I keep remembering things. Lol. The Suspension system buttons do not light up or does anything happen when I use the buttons.

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Between the alarm and trans issues I would check for flooding under the carpet, TCM is on passenger side and body/alarm module is on the driver side.

The alarm going off can just be related to a low battery and forgetting state of alarm when power was lost, putting key in door lock and cycling lock/unlock should solve that.
    80 rabbit pickup, 98 TJ 4bt cummins, 00 180TTQ 6spd, 02 Freelander, 03 Allroad 2.7t 6spd swap now with K04s, 06 A3 2.0T w/GT3071R (2012 JSW TDI and 2015 GSW TDI now in TDI purgatory )

AZ Member #

I tried the key in the driver door and also in the hatch and nothing changes. The battery is brand new and the car when its running shows it to be charging fine.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Your TCM and Body module sound water damaged

AZ Member #

If I order those off line do I have to get them programmed or match up numbers on the modules and they work? Thanks for the help

Veteran Member Four Rings PaperToast's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Quadzilla

Quote Originally Posted by fireman346 View Post
    If I order those off line do I have to get them programmed or match up numbers on the modules and they work? Thanks for the help
    yes, there will be a letter suffix at the end of the p/n, example 4Z7959655'C'
    best to match the letter if at all possible
    and some programming might have to be done as well

also, if you can, get a vagcom scan done; that will eliminate a lot of guesswork with this diagnosis
    Rockin' the Rockies
    '01 allroad, 250k woot woot, still boosting on original turbos and tippy, slightly modified. . .

Scotty@Advanced, "Push it off a cliff, when it hits the ground you should have a few thousand horsepower available for a brief second."

AZ Member #

They will need to be coded to the car using Vag-Com

AZ Member #

Finally got a chance to pull the tcu and ccm out of the car today. Both cases where full of water. Ordered both off of eBay. Hopefully this will straiten it out. Now to unclog some drains. Lol

AZ Member #

Make sure to check the connectors for crap and corrosion.