Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Aug 18 2012
    AZ Member #
    98883
    Location
    Tennessee

    JB1 Burger Tuner with B9 . . . .

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hello there,

    I am just curious if anyone can comment on their experience with the JB1 tuner and the B9 engine?
    I'm looking to add just a little more spice to my spirited Sunday drives on the rural winding roads of Middle TN.
    Thanks in advance for any and all comments.

    Regards,
    Chris

    2018 A5 Sportback Premium Moonlight Blue . . . . 1st oil change
    Attached Images

  2. #2
    Active Member Two Rings TEKNIKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 07 2018
    AZ Member #
    428364
    My Garage
    2018 Audi RS5 | 2018 BMW M4 CP | 2017 Infiniti Q60S RS400
    Location
    Florida

    Hi Chris. I am a JB4 Beta Tester for the B9 RS5. This is my first rendezvous with the legendary JB4 but I have nothing but positive remarks for its ease of installation, user friendliness, MAP parameter customization, design and technology. Most importantly, it is by far the best bang:buck power upgrade available. Not to mention, Burger Motorsports is the industry leader in this plug-and-play piggyback technology. We have shown dyno proven gains of +50AWHP and +70AWTQ in the midrange with the 2.9L V6TT. Feel free to DM me with any questions or check out my build thread and the Burger Motorsport Forums (N54Tech) for more details.

    Project Mystique: https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...uot-By-TEKNIKA

    N54Tech: https://www.n54tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17
    Last edited by TEKNIKA; 02-11-2019 at 10:57 AM.

  3. #3
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Aug 18 2012
    AZ Member #
    98883
    Location
    Tennessee

    Thanks TEKNIKA for your response.
    I'm not looking for any significant tuning adjustability, just a straight forward plug and go improvement in power/torque.

    Do you think the JB1 would be a good choice for the 2.0 45 TFSI 185kW engine ?

    Regards,
    Chris
    Last edited by ingraha3; 02-11-2019 at 11:39 AM.

  4. #4
    Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Two Rings
    Join Date
    Nov 13 2018
    AZ Member #
    431066
    Location
    South Africa

    Quote Originally Posted by ingraha3 View Post
    Thanks TEKNIKA for your response.
    I'm not looking for any significant tuning adjustability, just a straight forward plug and go improvement in power/torque.

    Do you think the JB1 would be a good choice for the 2.0 45 TFSI 185kW engine ?

    Regards,
    Chris
    Hi Chris,

    The JB1 unit is the conservative choice for your 45. The advantage of the unit over other piggy backs even though its our base unit is that increase the fail rail pressure to compensate for the extra boost. You can use the unit a as a plug and play but it also allows for some adjustment if you on 93 fuel or higher.
    If you have any further question feel free to email me George@burgertuning.com .

  5. #5
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Aug 18 2012
    AZ Member #
    98883
    Location
    Tennessee

    Quote Originally Posted by George@BMS View Post
    Hi Chris,

    The JB1 unit is the conservative choice for your 45. The advantage of the unit over other piggy backs even though its our base unit is that increase the fail rail pressure to compensate for the extra boost. You can use the unit a as a plug and play but it also allows for some adjustment if you on 93 fuel or higher.
    If you have any further question feel free to email me George@burgertuning.com .
    I do have 93 octane readily available here in Midd TN. Is there a manual setting adjustment for higher octane or does the JB1 unit adjust automatically?

    Thanks George!

    Chris
    2012 Audi A4 Quattro Tiptronic S line Prem + Ice Silver

  6. #6
    Registered Member Four Rings Jimmy ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 13 2014
    AZ Member #
    282403
    Location
    New York

    Is there a set it and forget setting. Not looking to go crazy or wire into car.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 TTS. Mythos Black w/ Nappa Red interior. APR 1, AFE Intake

  7. #7
    Active Member Two Rings TEKNIKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 07 2018
    AZ Member #
    428364
    My Garage
    2018 Audi RS5 | 2018 BMW M4 CP | 2017 Infiniti Q60S RS400
    Location
    Florida

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy ny View Post
    Is there a set it and forget setting. Not looking to go crazy or wire into car.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The JB4 is very much set it and forget it. Burger Motorsports provides videos for clear and concise installation instructions. The plug-and-play install should only take about an hour. After that, pick a MAP and run with it.

  8. #8
    Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Two Rings
    Join Date
    Nov 13 2018
    AZ Member #
    431066
    Location
    South Africa

    Quote Originally Posted by ingraha3 View Post
    I do have 93 octane readily available here in Midd TN. Is there a manual setting adjustment for higher octane or does the JB1 unit adjust automatically?

    Thanks George!

    Chris
    The ECU does a octane test each time it starts and selects a base timing map so you have gain some power already. With the 93 it also allows for a boost increase that can be done by connecting to the unit either with the data cable we sell that works with free windows software or with a Bluetooth module we have and a sold app supporting Android and IOS.
    You also have the choice to run a high torque map or one with more linear power delivery.
    With the JB1 logs etc are not need as we use tried and tested settings.

  9. #9
    Veteran Member Four Rings vdubjetta02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 26 2007
    AZ Member #
    16755
    Location
    Colorado

    If you an A series, not an S or RS... why not go with a full ECU tune from Revo or APR?
    CURRENT:
    APR - B8 A4 Avant
    2008 - 4Runner



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2019 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.