Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Question Anyone with a post-facelift do a full-LED headlight retrofit?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    So I was considering upgrading to full-led headlights, but apparently there's little to no information on the subject for post-facelift vehicles. Has anyone done this, or have any information?
    2018 IA6 3.0T Sport | Glacier White Metallic | Black Optics | Carbon Atlas | ChipWerke Pro | XPEL PPF | Gyeon Quartz

Gone, but not forgotten:
    2014 A6 P+ Quattro, Quartz Grey Metallic
    2010 A4 P- 2.0T Quattro 6MT, Quartz Grey Metallic
    2007 A4 S line 2.0T 6MT, Phantom Black Pearl

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I would probably go with something like this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/For-...AbTest=ae803_5

Probably much cheaper than the $2k each for the OEM headlights and the work for the wiring, modules, and coding.

With these Chinese ones, its $1800 for both, and are plug and play (maybe aside from coding??). Not sure how bright they are and how long they will last, but significantly easier and cheaper than the alternative. I wouldn't be surprised if they were from the same factory Audi produces its parts/cars for the Chinese market.

Veteran Member Four Rings A6sport's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    A8L, A7plus ABT power, A6 PES SC, A5 APR stage III, TT APR stage I

It's been done... very expensive. it'll make your nose bleed.

Check out
    BKS tuning and Kufatec in Germany you're looking at 5k+ in parts alone.
    2012 A7Plus ABT Power
    2012 A8L 4.2
    2010 A5 2.0T k04 Stage III
    2002 TT 225 Roadster APR Stage I
    1998 A6 2.8 PES SC

Still own them all...

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

assume you mean full LED euro lights?

sold as a kit for $6k, with all modules.
    https://modfia.ca/collections/a7-s7-...ed-head-lights

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by acamposac1 View Post
    I would probably go with something like this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/For-...AbTest=ae803_5

Probably much cheaper than the $2k each for the OEM headlights and the work for the wiring, modules, and coding.

With these Chinese ones, its $1800 for both, and are plug and play (maybe aside from coding??). Not sure how bright they are and how long they will last, but significantly easier and cheaper than the alternative. I wouldn't be surprised if they were from the same factory Audi produces its parts/cars for the Chinese market.
    Yea, I've seen these -- but I'm a bit skeptical on their quality and longevity. For me, one of the most defining Audi characteristics is their lighting -- and I'd hate to ruin that to save a few bucks. I'd need to see these for myself to really know.. but, yea, you're not wrong -- $1800 for a "plug and play" solution is definitely enticing.

Quote Originally Posted by A6sport View Post
    It's been done... very expensive. it'll make your nose bleed.

Check out
    BKS tuning and Kufatec in Germany you're looking at 5k+ in parts alone.
    Kufatec is where I usually get retrofits, and it was the first place I checked. Although I'd prefer to keep everything NA-spec, I did originally check with them on their package (which is Euro) but it specifically states that it is "Not suitable for US vehicles (PR. No.: AV2)"

Quote Originally Posted by daytona rs7 View Post
    assume you mean full LED euro lights?

sold as a kit for $6k, with all modules.
    https://modfia.ca/collections/a7-s7-...ed-head-lights
    I'm assuming these are probably the same as what Kufatec is offering, in which case they say it is "Not suitable for US vehicles". Now, I'm not sure if that's simply because of DOT laws regarding indicator coloring, or if there's a wiring/compatibility conflict between the regions. If it's the former, then obviously that's no problem -- but if it's the latter, then these could be expensive paperweights, lol.
    2018 IA6 3.0T Sport | Glacier White Metallic | Black Optics | Carbon Atlas | ChipWerke Pro | XPEL PPF | Gyeon Quartz

Gone, but not forgotten:
    2014 A6 P+ Quattro, Quartz Grey Metallic
    2010 A4 P- 2.0T Quattro 6MT, Quartz Grey Metallic
    2007 A4 S line 2.0T 6MT, Phantom Black Pearl

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by magn2o View Post
    Yea, I've seen these -- but I'm a bit skeptical on their quality and longevity. For me, one of the most defining Audi characteristics is their lighting -- and I'd hate to ruin that to save a few bucks. I'd need to see these for myself to really know.. but, yea, you're not wrong -- $1800 for a "plug and play" solution is definitely enticing.
    The only thing I can say for the quality is if they are anything like the dynamic tail lights they sell, they should be good.

Quote Originally Posted by magn2o View Post
    I'm assuming these are probably the same as what Kufatec is offering, in which case they say it is "Not suitable for US vehicles". Now, I'm not sure if that's simply because of DOT laws regarding indicator coloring, or if there's a wiring/compatibility conflict between the regions. If it's the former, then obviously that's no problem -- but if it's the latter, then these could be expensive paperweights, lol.
    Probably is because DOT requires amber reflectors inside the housings as well as prohibits the matrix high beams (must have standard on/off highbeam). You should contact the seller and confirm, but I'm pretty sure its just a matter of coding.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2017 S3, 2019 Tiguan, 2011 Ranger 4x4

Bump for more info.

I'm considering purchasing a 2016-17 A6 and there are tons out there with regular headlights for decent prices, but if it's cost-prohibitive to upgrade to LED's, I'll just spend more on a car that comes with them.

Veteran Member Four Rings A6sport's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    A8L, A7plus ABT power, A6 PES SC, A5 APR stage III, TT APR stage I

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyBravo! View Post
    Bump for more info.

I'm considering purchasing a 2016-17 A6 and there are tons out there with regular headlights for decent prices, but if it's cost-prohibitive to upgrade to LED's, I'll just spend more on a car that comes with them.
    Spend more on a car with LED lighting. You'll thank me later.
    2012 A7Plus ABT Power
    2012 A8L 4.2
    2010 A5 2.0T k04 Stage III
    2002 TT 225 Roadster APR Stage I
    1998 A6 2.8 PES SC

Still own them all...