Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Thread: Coolant pump

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Coolant pump

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Can you provide an update on the availability of replacement coolant pumps for the recall? Are they back-ordered?

Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Hello shtka,

Thank you for reaching out, I know that this process can be a little convoluted so I'm happy to provide some clarification. If 19N4 is completed on the vehicle Audi will conduct a service action to install a new electric (after run) coolant pump free of charge. You will receive a letter in the mail alerting you to schedule an appointment at the dealer, but right now we don't have a specific time frame for the parts to become available. It is important to note that the disconnect (19N4) is designed to completely eliminate the risk of a vehicle fire and to alleviate the necessity of parking the vehicle outside. If I receive any updates on part availability, I will let you know ASAP. Please PM me if you have additional questions on your specific situation.

Kind regards,
    Vincenzo F.

Audi Social Community Manager

Established Member Two Rings Uncle Buck's Avatar
    AZ Member #

This recall was just completed on our 2013 Q5 - I would call your dealer and ask them directly if they have the parts.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

They don't. I brought the car in because I found a fault using Carista. The dealer explained that the fault was due to the first part of the recall being completed and not an issue. Basically, the circuit to the pump is disconnected in the first phase of the recall and that causes the fault. I have been told that pumps should be available in 2-3 months.