Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Senior Member Three Rings Rapture's Avatar
    AZ Member #

TPMS Antenna mount location behind the rear bumper

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hi

This is an interesting question to pose as I do have the Audi factory manual but just can't locate this within it. Can anyone help me find a picture of where the factory TPMS antenna is mounted behind the bumper cap of a TT RS? If it's in the manual, please provide the page number. I'm going to do this mod, and I'll probably mount this in the trunk for simplicity sake, but would like to know where it is mounted on cars that came with it.

Thanks is advance.
    Rapture

2018 Audi TT RS (Gray/Black, Palomino)
    2014 Porsche C4S GT Silver (Sold)
    2011 BMW 1M Coupe AW (Sold)
    2007 Audi RS4 Lava Grey Pearl (Sold)
    2004 VW R32 Silver (Sold)

Established Member Two Rings McTTRS's Avatar
    AZ Member #

You should check out the thread at https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...highlight=tpms
    2018 TT RS Coupe 2.5T quattro S Tronic
    Nardo Gray, Black / Red contrast diamond stitching, Sport exhaust system, Carbon Fiber Inlays,
    Black optic package, Red brake calipers, Design selection interior, Technology package

Veteran Member Four Rings VeryBadman's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2017 BMW X1

From what I heard you have to take bumper out to gain access to the location where you can mount the TPMS antenna bracket in which I don't think it's worth the effort since leaving the antenna in the trunk like what I did in the installation guide works just fine. I even have 2 sets of sensors in stock and after market wheels.
    2018 Audi TTRS, Daytona Grey: Iroz/CC Stage 2 ECU & TCU, IE Intake, HFC Downpipe by Brink, Milltek HFC Midpipes, Iroz Intercooler and DSG Catch Can, Technology, Black Optic, Sport Exhaust, Blackout Badges, Pedalbox, H&R Springs, Direct TPMS, Euro OLED Taillights, Neuspeed RSe102 19x9 et45 in Texas Grey
    Other: 2017 BMW X1
    Throwbacks: 2014 Audi RS7, 2013 Audi S6, 2011 Audi S4, 2008 Audi A4

Senior Member Three Rings Rapture's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Thanks, and yes VBMs DIY on this is excellent and I plan on following those instructions. Im really just trying to understand why the location for this part is not in the 5700 page manual, Im a bit OCD that way.

I ordered the antenna holder and will most likely find a place to anchor that in the battery area.
    Rapture

2018 Audi TT RS (Gray/Black, Palomino)
    2014 Porsche C4S GT Silver (Sold)
    2011 BMW 1M Coupe AW (Sold)
    2007 Audi RS4 Lava Grey Pearl (Sold)
    2004 VW R32 Silver (Sold)