Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Active Member One Ring Audi_Sport's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 12 2018
    AZ Member #
    430973
    Location
    Sparta, NJ

    RS-line S5: Help needed (Pre-planing stage)

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Background:
    Currently, I own a 2010 Audi S5 Prestige with some performance mods and my uncle has gifted me a salvage 2013 Audi RS5.

    The idea behind the project:
    I noticed there are S-line Audi's for the A models but no RS-line for the S models.
    I would like to use the 2013 rs5 as a donor car for the S5.

    What I plan on using:
    -Interior to fix up the S5 interior (replace worn seats and cracked carbon fiber trim)
    -Rear trunk for the active aero
    -Wheels for a summer/winter set
    -Bigger brake kit
    -Swaybars?
    -Shocks and springs?

    Where u come in:
    I need help identifying more parts that would be beneficial to swap onto the S5

    IMG_20180903_134209_250.jpg
    Screenshot_20181205-232118.jpg
    Mods:
    Corsa Performance Exhaust
    AWE Carbon Intake
    StopTech slotted and drilled rotors

  2. #2
    Veteran Member Four Rings A6sport's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 11 2007
    AZ Member #
    16309
    My Garage
    A8L, A7plus stage II A6 PES SC, A5 APR stage III, TT APR stage I
    Location
    Twin Cities, MN

    Looks like you pretty much have it covered. wheels look to be HRE, so summer for certain. I would think once you start tearing it down, you'll find bits and pieces that may be useable.

    I guess since body panels are different, you wouldn't be able to use the rear bumper cover, valance and exhaust?
    2012 A7Plus Stage II+
    2013 A8L
    2010 A5 2.0T k04 Stage III
    2002 TT 225 Roadster APR Stage I
    1998 A6 2.8 PES SC

  3. #3
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Dec 28 2005
    AZ Member #
    9433
    Location
    NY/NJ

    you can also use the rear tail lights, steering wheel (flat bottom), door handles, maybe the shift knob if youre dct.
    Current: 2016 Audi S5

    Past: 2014 BMW 435xi, 2006 Audi S4 DTM, 2003 BMW M3

  4. #4
    Senior Member Three Rings HMS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 28 2015
    AZ Member #
    329970
    Location
    BOS

    wow what a nice uncle. I think the idea for an RS Line S5 is a bit...silly...but oh well.

    If you do the BBK the rotor hats on the s5 are different than the rs5 so you'll need not just the brakes and calipers but the entire wheel hub assembly.
    2013 Audi [R]S5 Panther Black - Mods: 034, Capristo, ECS, H&R.

    Instagram: RS5_onthe_Run

  5. #5
    Veteran Member Four Rings A6sport's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 11 2007
    AZ Member #
    16309
    My Garage
    A8L, A7plus stage II A6 PES SC, A5 APR stage III, TT APR stage I
    Location
    Twin Cities, MN

    Quote Originally Posted by HMS View Post
    wow what a nice uncle. I think the idea for an RS Line S5 is a bit...silly...but oh well.

    If you do the BBK the rotor hats on the s5 are different than the rs5 so you'll need not just the brakes and calipers but the entire wheel hub assembly.
    Are you sure about the wheel hubs? I have RS brakes on my A5, it was plug n' play...
    2012 A7Plus Stage II+
    2013 A8L
    2010 A5 2.0T k04 Stage III
    2002 TT 225 Roadster APR Stage I
    1998 A6 2.8 PES SC

  6. #6
    Veteran Member Four Rings JamesRS5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 27 2014
    AZ Member #
    149899
    Location
    Dubai

    How bad is the RS5? You may be able to get it back on the road for less than you think?
    I accept a Stage II tuned S5 is quicker than an RS5
    Doug convinced me
    He's also the reason I don't come here much

  7. #7
    Senior Member Three Rings HMS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 28 2015
    AZ Member #
    329970
    Location
    BOS

    Quote Originally Posted by A6sport View Post
    Are you sure about the wheel hubs? I have RS brakes on my A5, it was plug n' play...
    there may not be a difference between a and RS (though I do doubt it) but when I tried to buy ECS S5 rotors for my RS (cause they are litetrally the same product but half the price) I noticed the rotor hat was a different offset.

    OP at the very least measure twice. Cut Once.

    And to Jame's point - may not be a bad idea to rebuild the car. Better to have an RS5 than an RS-Line S5. Looking at that damage tho, you're prob in for 15-16k
    2013 Audi [R]S5 Panther Black - Mods: 034, Capristo, ECS, H&R.

    Instagram: RS5_onthe_Run

  8. #8
    Active Member One Ring Audi_Sport's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 12 2018
    AZ Member #
    430973
    Location
    Sparta, NJ

    I don't know if the engine runs.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by JamesRS5 View Post
    How bad is the RS5? You may be able to get it back on the road for less than you think?
    I'm uncertain if the engine runs

  9. #9
    Active Member One Ring Audi_Sport's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 12 2018
    AZ Member #
    430973
    Location
    Sparta, NJ

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyokio View Post
    you can also use the rear tail lights, steering wheel (flat bottom), door handles, maybe the shift knob if youre dct.
    Thanks for the list

  10. #10
    Active Member One Ring Audi_Sport's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 12 2018
    AZ Member #
    430973
    Location
    Sparta, NJ

    Quote Originally Posted by HMS View Post
    wow what a nice uncle. I think the idea for an RS Line S5 is a bit...silly...but oh well.

    If you do the BBK the rotor hats on the s5 are different than the rs5 so you'll need not just the brakes and calipers but the entire wheel hub assembly.
    I agree it's a little silly but just trying use the car for good

  11. #11
    Active Member One Ring Audi_Sport's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 12 2018
    AZ Member #
    430973
    Location
    Sparta, NJ

    Quote Originally Posted by A6sport View Post
    Looks like you pretty much have it covered. wheels look to be HRE, so summer for certain. I would think once you start tearing it down, you'll find bits and pieces that may be useable.

    I guess since body panels are different, you wouldn't be able to use the rear bumper cover, valance and exhaust?
    The wheels and the trunk lid might be the only two things I can use

  12. #12
    Senior Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Nov 04 2016
    AZ Member #
    384549
    Location
    CA

    I'd rather see if that RS5 still runs. If the engine and transmission are good, I'd rather put money into that and get it back onto the road.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2011 Audi S5
    (GONE) 2011 Audi A5 2.0T [APR STAGE 2] [034 MotorSports HFC]

  13. #13
    Active Member One Ring Audi_Sport's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 12 2018
    AZ Member #
    430973
    Location
    Sparta, NJ

    Quote Originally Posted by brilliant_black View Post
    I'd rather see if that RS5 still runs. If the engine and transmission are good, I'd rather put money into that and get it back onto the road.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We'll see story will unfold on my Instagram
    Rs_line_s5

  14. #14
    Veteran Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 08 2013
    AZ Member #
    109136
    My Garage
    2019 Cayman GTS, 2016 Forester XT, 2013 S5, 2011 A4 avanti, 2004 TSX
    Location
    Toronto

    Quote Originally Posted by HMS View Post
    there may not be a difference between a and RS (though I do doubt it) but when I tried to buy ECS S5 rotors for my RS (cause they are litetrally the same product but half the price) I noticed the rotor hat was a different offset.

    OP at the very least measure twice. Cut Once.

    And to Jame's point - may not be a bad idea to rebuild the car. Better to have an RS5 than an RS-Line S5. Looking at that damage tho, you're prob in for 15-16k
    Front brake will fit perfectly but rear brake rotor need the different hub offset. So I have RS5 front brake & RS4 rear brake on my 2013 S5
    2019 718 Cayman GTS 6MT
    2016 Subaru Dark Grey Forester XT touring
    2013 Audi Phantom Black S5 6MT Sport Diff, 20" BBS CH-R, Navi, B&O, PSS10, AK, EC sway, Alcon BBK, RS grille & Ecode
    2011 Audi Deep Sea Blue A4 Avant prestige, 19" OEM Ti rotors, PSS10, AK, sway, RS style grille + rear spoiler, Votrex diffusor
    2004 Acura Premium White TSX 6MT

  15. #15
    Senior Member Three Rings HMS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 28 2015
    AZ Member #
    329970
    Location
    BOS

    How'd the run in with the deer go?
    2013 Audi [R]S5 Panther Black - Mods: 034, Capristo, ECS, H&R.

    Instagram: RS5_onthe_Run

  16. #16
    Veteran Member Four Rings A6sport's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 11 2007
    AZ Member #
    16309
    My Garage
    A8L, A7plus stage II A6 PES SC, A5 APR stage III, TT APR stage I
    Location
    Twin Cities, MN

    Quote Originally Posted by ians View Post
    Front brake will fit perfectly but rear brake rotor need the different hub offset. So I have RS5 front brake & RS4 rear brake on my 2013 S5
    Ah yes! Now I remember, I have the B8 RS4 scalloped rear rotor!

    2012 A7Plus Stage II+
    2013 A8L
    2010 A5 2.0T k04 Stage III
    2002 TT 225 Roadster APR Stage I
    1998 A6 2.8 PES SC

  17. #17
    Active Member One Ring Audi_Sport's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 12 2018
    AZ Member #
    430973
    Location
    Sparta, NJ

    Quote Originally Posted by HMS View Post
    How'd the run in with the deer go?
    Insurance is gonna look at it should know by Monday what's happening fully



Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2019 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.