Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Exclamation 08 S6 V10 Low fuel pressure fault code

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    So I have a 2008 S6 v10 that I did the carbon clean on and then put everything back together taking utmost caution in making sure everything went together as it came apart and then I get this code:
    Tuesday,22,January,2019,21:16:50:25179
    VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator Running on Windows 7 x86
    VCDS Version: 18.9.1.0
    Data version: 20190114 DS296.0
    www.Ross-Tech.com

VIN: WAUDN94F18N122819 License Plate:

Mode 07: Pending emission related fault codes

Address 7E8: 1 Fault Found:
    P2293 - Fuel Pressure Regulator Valve (N276): Mechanical Malfunction

Address 7E9: No fault code found.

Address 7EA: No fault code found.

I am a newer Audi owner with a lot of mechanical background but this one has me baffled. I had no engine codes before I took it apart, and now this. CEL and EPC light are on and car has no power above 4k rpms and also stumbles and even dies on startup. Rather confused as to how the HPFP could possibly go bad when there were no issues before. I have checked and rechecked wiring, but is there something I may not be checking? This is my daily driver and I need it to run as it should. No audi dealer that can look at this within 300 miles from my location way up here in North Dakota.
    Any help is appreciated.

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    VEMS URS6, J.Moss Stg3 S4, Boosted Rover

Double check all of your sensor connections. Make sure all are snuggled up and tight.

What part of NoDak are you in? I have family throughout the state...

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by 430hps4 View Post
    Double check all of your sensor connections. Make sure all are snuggled up and tight.

What part of NoDak are you in? I have family throughout the state...
    I'm in Grand Forks myself. I have checked all connections and did find one that had some left over Walnut stuff inside of it that I blew out and it clicked into place nice and snug. Trying a fuel filter since I brought it inside from the cold maybe some condensation occurred?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Well... Changed the fuel filter to no avail... Even though it looked like the original and had some nasty crap come out of it. Still runs like crap and goes into safe mode. I can usually figure just about anything out, but this has me very puzzled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veteran Member Three Rings estomax's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    07 A6 Avant 3.2L, 13 Leaf, 08 Titan

where is the N276 fuel pressure regulator valve? i think its time you get a 30$ day of erwin and download anything related to your car and see if you can dig something up from the official documentation
    https://erwin.audiusa.com/erwin/showSearch.do
    2007 A6 Avant 3.2L Black/Black, 235k miles

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by estomax View Post
    where is the N276 fuel pressure regulator valve? i think its time you get a 30$ day of erwin and download anything related to your car and see if you can dig something up from the official documentation
    https://erwin.audiusa.com/erwin/showSearch.do
    The N276 is on the HPFP and from what I have seen I can not replace just the regulator, I would have to buy a $400 pump assembly in hopes that would fix it. There were no previous symptoms of a failing fuel system so I don't understand what could have made the high pressure fuel pump go out. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    VEMS URS6, J.Moss Stg3 S4, Boosted Rover

Was reading another forumn... one person was getting same code. Threw a bunch of money at the fuel system and its parts. No fix.

Come to find out it was his cam position sensor was dirty/damaged.

Maybe try there...? Pull it off, spray some brake cleaner, and install. Or just replace all together...?

(Note: this was on a different motor, but identical symptoms)

Established Member Two Rings haloguy628's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Since you changed the filter where the FPR is located and still getting EPC light/loss of power on acceleration then one of the high pressure fuel pumps on top of the engine in the engine bay is most likely defective. I had the same problem last year. The pump cost around $400 and according to Audi TSB both have to be replaced if one goes bad. Has something to do with requirement to have the same fuel quantity supply in each bank. I got the pumps from Audi Naples as they were the cheapest. The part # is 07L127026A.

It's the #1 in this ETKA diagram