Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

B12 Kit Part #s (confirmation appreciated)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hello,

I have read the many forum posts regarding the B12 cup kit, but there seems to be some confusion (and potentially incorrect part #s on catalog) so I just want some reassurance the correct items are purchased.

https://eibach.com/de/sites/default/...tkatalog_3.pdf (pg19)

2015 Audi A3 (8v) S-Line 2.0T QUATTRO (Prestige)

Tire rack suggests E10-15-021-10-22 which is on the catalog. I remember hearing that the 2.0T a3 quattro 8V should actually just get the same part # as the s3 (E10-15-021-12-22) due to front/rear load? Is this true?
    I am fine with the part #s for the Bilstein struts (Front 35-229919 Rear: 24-229937)

Anybody know of a cheap place to buy the kit (or parts separately) in the US? Right now its $660 on ECS for struts and about $300 for springs on Tirerack. At this price I may consider the B14s even though I want to maintain most of the stock comfort/forgiving ride. Not looking to slam the car, just a nice 25.5-25.75 FTG to get ride of this 4 finger 4x4 wheel gap. I had the H&R Street coilovers for 2 weeks and they were extremely harsh. Luckily I was able to return them. I want it to be more firm/planted in the corners but this car will not see track days more than once a year (if that). Maintaining a majority of the ride quality for commute and wifey is important and the B14 may be a bit to firm/unforgiving? I know there are tons of B14 vs B12 threads out there but "ride quality" is a subjective and hard to really commit to a users review. Hell, people said the H&Rs had great ride quality and I could not have disagreed more.

Thanks for the help!

Veteran Member Four Rings MikTip's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Ya need a USA version catalog...that one is for the German cars in Europe...probably why the parts numbers are different...

Google 35-229919. Its a B8 strut...

If your wanting stock like ride...stay stock shocks and springs. Or get 034's springs.

Bilsteins are very stiff shocks
    2015 S3 * United MotorSports Tuned * Eurocode Anti-sway bars * Mid-muffler delete * 3.5" Exhaust tips * 19x8.5 Konigs

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by MikTip View Post
    Ya need a USA version catalog...that one is for the German cars in Europe...probably why the parts numbers are different...

If your wanting stock like ride...stay stock shocks and springs. Or get 034's springs.

Thanks for the info. I remember on several threads that the US catalog has some incorrect information. That was part of the reason I inquired. I hear a lot of good things about the B8s. Cant imagine they are THAT stiff (Compared to adjustable coilovers)

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by dotcom619 View Post
    Thanks for the info. I remember on several threads that the US catalog has some incorrect information. That was part of the reason I inquired. I hear a lot of good things about the B8s. Cant imagine they are THAT stiff (Compared to adjustable coilovers)
    You are correct.

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by dotcom619 View Post
    Hello,

I have read the many forum posts regarding the B12 cup kit, but there seems to be some confusion (and potentially incorrect part #s on catalog) so I just want some reassurance the correct items are purchased.

https://eibach.com/de/sites/default/...tkatalog_3.pdf (pg19)

2015 Audi A3 (8v) S-Line 2.0T QUATTRO (Prestige)

Tire rack suggests E10-15-021-10-22 which is on the catalog. I remember hearing that the 2.0T a3 quattro 8V should actually just get the same part # as the s3 (E10-15-021-12-22) due to front/rear load? Is this true?
    I am fine with the part #s for the Bilstein struts (Front 35-229919 Rear: 24-229937)

Anybody know of a cheap place to buy the kit (or parts separately) in the US? Right now its $660 on ECS for struts and about $300 for springs on Tirerack. At this price I may consider the B14s even though I want to maintain most of the stock comfort/forgiving ride. Not looking to slam the car, just a nice 25.5-25.75 FTG to get ride of this 4 finger 4x4 wheel gap. I had the H&R Street coilovers for 2 weeks and they were extremely harsh. Luckily I was able to return them. I want it to be more firm/planted in the corners but this car will not see track days more than once a year (if that). Maintaining a majority of the ride quality for commute and wifey is important and the B14 may be a bit to firm/unforgiving? I know there are tons of B14 vs B12 threads out there but "ride quality" is a subjective and hard to really commit to a users review. Hell, people said the H&Rs had great ride quality and I could not have disagreed more.

Thanks for the help!
    Those are the right struts (they are the B8 for the MQB A3/S3).
    The right springs are E10-15-021-13-22 if you have the 2.0T quattro A3. The german catalogue is the correct one. The USA one has the mistake of using the Sportsback S3 springs or the 190 hp A3 2.0T FWD springs.

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by MikTip View Post

Believe it or not, the Bilstein B8 of this car rides better than the S3 standard shocks. Better handling and more comfortable.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Thanks for the info! After checking out that part # (E10-15-021-13-22) I found plenty of websites that stated these were for the 2015 A3 quattro.

Cameraman12's post on vortex was also helpful. Thanks!