Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Unhappy Lost "CAR" settings in MMI after playing with some coding... help?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I have previous experience with doing all the "mandatory coding" like eliminating the "lights are on" beep, turning up the DRL brightness, disabling the DRL "wink", enabling "dynamic" ADS mode by default, etc, etc. No issues with any of those changes.
    The other day, I did some more playing around and enabled the battery meter, tried out the speed readout on MMI ("driving school mode"), and enabled the effeciency pages on the DIS.
    Since doing that, I've now realized that I'm missing some settings that are usually under the MMI's "CAR" menu. Namely, the "on bored computer (1 & 2)" settings are gone. I'm also missing "central locking", exterior lighting, oil level, and service interval choices. Basically, all I have left under "CAR" is the "battey meter" and something else I can't remember atm.
    Any suggestions or experience with such an oddity?

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by wes8398 View Post
    I have previous experience with doing all the "mandatory coding" like eliminating the "lights are on" beep, turning up the DRL brightness, disabling the DRL "wink", enabling "dynamic" ADS mode by default, etc, etc. No issues with any of those changes.
    The other day, I did some more playing around and enabled the battery meter, tried out the speed readout on MMI ("driving school mode"), and enabled the effeciency pages on the DIS.
    Since doing that, I've now realized that I'm missing some settings that are usually under the MMI's "CAR" menu. Namely, the "on bored computer (1 & 2)" settings are gone. I'm also missing "central locking", exterior lighting, oil level, and service interval choices. Basically, all I have left under "CAR" is the "battey meter" and something else I can't remember atm.
    Any suggestions or experience with such an oddity?
    Always save your long coding before...
    Did you check if you can reactivate these in the green menu?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Audizine mobile app

Veteran Member Four Rings Gunnark100's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Edit: Info deleted, as you have Concert radio, not MMI as title.
    Last edited by Gunnark100; 01-22-2019 at 12:42 PM.
    Retrofits: FL taillights / MMI 3G & 3G+(Street view incl.)/ Color Cluster & FL S5 Cluster/ BiXenon/ ADS Lite
    Other: ECU Tune/ VCDS Tweaks/ FL Gearknob/ Soundproofing/ Interior 6D Carbon Wrap/ Rieger Rep Front Bumper Valance/ Basic sound(8) upgrade to "ASS"(9+1) + B/O Sub(in sidepanel)/Tweeters + Activsub/ Efficiency Prog via Cluster & Gateway flash/ Sideskirts/ Window Tint/ Wsp Peeler reps/ License plate & Interior leds

AZ Member #

I don't have 3G high... Info is all over the damn place about how to identify these things, but I'm under the impression now that I don't have "MMI" at all... Because you need to have NAV to have MMI according to a huge article I just came across yesterday. The author seemed to really know his stuff.

So I messed with things a bit more and made some progress. Under control unit 56 "radio", I went to adaptations 39 and 40. I can add ONE of the menu items to each of these; which then shows that item in my "CAR" menu on the MMI. But... I haven't figured out how to add more than one item to each adaptation. I should be able to have more than 2 choices under "car".

AZ Member #

For anyone else that comes across such an issue... Change the value on adaptation 39 to 65535. That enables all the menu options possible.