Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Veteran Member Four Rings pwdrskr's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Audi falling behind the curve on Avants in N.A.

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Now will Audi consider bringing more Avants to the North American market?

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/a...gjRKkS10Yx67lw
    13 allroad/Prestige/ibis/blk, 20%, expel, APR K04, AWE DP, Eurocode FMIC/HFC, GFB DV+, R8 coils, NGK BKR8EIX plugs, 034 Trans & Rr Diff Mnts, Apikol Rr Diff Mnt, Vogtland coils, Alu Kreuz, Stasis S4/S5 Rr Sway, Vorsteiner V-FF 104 (20x10et30), Conti ExtremeContact DWS06-275/30ZR20, Stoptech rotors, Hawk Ceramics, iJDMTOY 3000K Amber Yellow fogs, F/R e-codes, semi-dyn sigs, RS5 Pedals, Perf. Shift, load rail storage sys, fr. under seat bins, Packasport 60LP

Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by pwdrskr View Post
    Now will Audi consider bringing more Avants to the North American market?

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/a...gjRKkS10Yx67lw
    Hello pwdrskr,

I can let you know that we have been carefully collecting feedback from our customer base in order to have the Audi lineup suited for the needs of our customers. I encourage you to stay up to date with the Audi Newsroom as any breaking information will be posted here: http://media.audiusa.com/. I am an Avant fan myself so I can completely understand where you're coming from! Please let me know if there is anything else that I can do aside from documenting your feedback.

Thank you,
    Vincenzo F.

Audi Social Community Manager

Veteran Member Three Rings sleeperwagon's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    18 RS3, 15 Audi Q7, 97 AA M3 Sedan, 03 Dinan M3 Convert, 99 M coupe

Article missed one point and I am glad the folks in Auburn Hills commented. We all remember when an Audi Executive brought over a RS4 Avant for a few months right that drove us nuts b/c we could not buy one. What about the real Avant fans that want the RS4 Avant? Audi has always told us they listen and will be introducing vehicles that should appeal to the RS4 Avant base....they brought us the SQ5 (a cute ute the girls in my house just love)...then the Rs7 which was close but still no Avant (it was like when an Avant got fat, then had sheetmetal surgery on its ass to remove the Avant part but was still overweight).....then the new RS5 that is gorgeous to me but I am already a yr into my RS3 that I love so flipping much.
    So since the last v8 S4 Avant made it stateside, when do we get a S4 (Rs) Avant?
    3m clear everywhere, completely debadged, tint, window spoiler, APR stage 1+, APR IC, APR Springs, CTS intake, unibrace, milltek 2nd-ary Cat Deletes. Its a daily driver, have 2 M3's for fun also.

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by sleeperwagon View Post
    So since the last v8 S4 Avant made it stateside, when do we get a S4 (Rs) Avant?
    When enough people will buy one to make it profitable. Everyone online says they'll buy one but no one does. Look at what happened with the manual A4. People go on and on about the death of the manual but when Audi sold it there was less than a 3% take up on it so they discontinued it. Audi said they would continue it as long as there was at least a 10% take up on it.

Active Member Two Rings DC Dawg's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Audi falling behind the curve on Avants in N.A.

We can only hope this is true

https://carbuzz.com/news/exclusive-a...vant-to-the-us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2009 A6 Avant 3.0T | Garnet Red over Black (1 of 9 in the US)| Prestige | Cold | H&R | BFI | Roc-Euro
    2003 Allroad 2.7T | Cobalt Blue over Beige | Vast Stage 2+ - R.I.P.
    2001 A4 1.8T | Ebony Pearl over Black | APR Stage 2+ - SOLD
    2016 Mazda CX-9 Signature | Machine Gray | Factory Cross Bars - Daily Kid and Dog Hauler

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JohnEnglish View Post
    When enough people will buy one to make it profitable. Everyone online says they'll buy one but no one does. Look at what happened with the manual A4. People go on and on about the death of the manual but when Audi sold it there was less than a 3% take up on it so they discontinued it. Audi said they would continue it as long as there was at least a 10% take up on it.
    Its not all about profit for R cars or electric cars btw but lets go with your statement so we don't go off topic...let them commit based on deposits with some sort of out if they don't get to 250 or whatever that number is. Next trust your "sport" base to tell you what might sell, manual in an A4 come on that is there fault even though their are 3 manual B8 A4's in my town. Manual B8 S4's did well and today's M3's still do well. Next an RS6 would do nothing for me, having an RS3 (that I put a 7 month deposit on without ever driving one) I bought it b/c its small and FUN. Not bloated, overweight, and huge like anything 6 would be. Audi: remember the GT Coupe, old S2, Rs2 avant, to the S4 avants (and the R8) these are true Audi's. Just my opinion of course. Rs4 I'll commit to a deposit right now, transmission I don't care which one.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by sleeperwagon View Post
    Next an RS6 would do nothing for me, having an RS3 (that I put a 7 month deposit on without ever driving one) I bought it b/c its small and FUN. Not bloated, overweight, and huge like anything 6 would be. .
    If you think the RS6 is bloated and overweight then you are the reason Audi makes small sedans and stupid SUVs for the US market and skips the fast wagons.

2009 A6 Avant 3.0T | Garnet Red over Black (1 of 9 in the US)| Prestige | Cold | H&R | BFI | Roc-Euro
    2016 Mazda CX-9 Signature | Machine Gray | Factory Cross Bars - Daily Kid and Dog Hauler

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DC Dawg View Post
    If you think the RS6 is bloated and overweight then you are the reason Audi makes small sedans and stupid SUVs for the US market and skips the fast wagons.

Awesome hopefully Audi NA is listening to both of us and the majority will win again. Audi NA listen to DC Dawg he is correct, Americans want smaller sedans and stupid SUV's. Let me buy the smaller RS4 avant and my wife can trade in her stupid Q7 for the stupid Q8 she wants to look at. If we had an autobahn in the US I would get an RS6 btw maybe even in Garnet Red...well I would not but that is a cool look on the larger cars (darker colors make things look not so overweight just to be funny but I do like that color)

Established Member Two Rings Uncle Buck's Avatar
    AZ Member #

The A7 and A5 series cars have always appeared to me to be Audi's response to the styling exercise that the MBZ CLS started years ago. Our 2004 A6 Avant was the perfect size. An A/S/RS 4 Avant is the perfect sized car for me. I hope Audi NA considers bringing these gems to back to our market. I'll take a look at the A6 Avant if it appears here, but I fear as the car has grown in size over the years, it will simply be too large a car for my needs/taste.

Senior Member Three Rings MadAboutCars's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    MY18 Audi RS6 P, MY18 Audi SQ5,MY16 Audi S6 (sold), MY12 Audi Q7 4.2L TDI S-line (sold)

I chose the 2018 RS6 over the 2018 RS4 and yes there is no comparison. The RS6 is a way better car in many ways. It can be super comfortable when you want it and handles surprisingly well in the tight stuff. The ride quality and grip is amazing and the sound unbeatable, especially compared to a V6.
    2018 Audi RS6 Performance - Floret Silver, Titanium styling package, 21" titanium 5 V spoke wheels, Dunlop SP Sport Maxx GT 285/30/21, Black sports seats, Carbon inlays, Sports diff, Sport exhaust, Matrix LED headlights, 360 camera, Head up display, Active lane/side assist with adaptive cruise control, Park assist, Privacy glass, Electric tailgate with foot open

Mods: Dura-Seal exterior/interior, Audi Sport door lights

Senior Member Three Rings baldy's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Q5 TDi, Yamaha R1

I can tell you one thing about the issue I know of first hand, here in Vancouver, BC (Canada). The fleet and sales managers at most of the dealers are semi-oblivious and order vehicles without desired options so they appear cheaper. Example, I was looking for a Florett silver (or glacier white) Q5 with Air suspension, Technik, Adaptive cruise. 2 Available only in all of Western Canada, and both were Mythos Black. My friend was trying to find a Florett silver SQ5 Technik with Air suspension and a couple other features... No dice either.

I currently have a '14 A6 TDI Technik I bought during the stop sale fiasco, and wanted to find an A7 (or A6) with B&O, adaptive cruise, multi-contour seats (since the regular seats I have in mine are absolute crap... zero lateral support, uncomfortable as all hell) in any color but black. Couldn't find one then. Still can't now, new or used. Would have also really wanted the air suspension the rest of the world gets (and an Avant Bi-TDI...I'd write a check right now...heck, I'd settle for a Q8 TDI).

The 2014 Q5 S-Line TDI (which came with the adaptive suspension only in 2014 part of the S-Line Sport Select package) was like finding a unicorn as well. Ended up with a used one from 1,500km away in another province since there weren't any available in my province.

As a family, we've been loyal to VAG for years. Heck, I started with a '84 Scirocco, had a Audi 90 20V, GTI, an A4 Avant, etc. My old man has owned quite a few over the years as well. He's now in a Q5 TDI as well, had a Touareg TDI, a V8 Touareg with air-suspension, transporter, etc. Even my fiance is in a Golf at the moment. To say we've been loyal is an understatement, but it's a love hate relationship. Finding a model with the tech that makes a difference (suspension, seats, audio) has always been a challenge. The dealers order BS options like heads up assist instead of useful options. Then, my last experience has turned me off completely... Go in for an issue for the 4th time (ongoing for over a year) the dealer claims isn't happening and no codes stored (funny, I scanned in the parking lot with my VCDS and the codes were showing up)...I get told to take the car and drive it until it shows a code and bring it back.. I do that a few weeks later and now the warranty just expired... Eventhough the service department assured me it would be covered since it's been documented... Speak with the service manager and she says she'll help out, etc. Get a call from the service advisor telling me the manager said she's not getting involved further and I can call and ask for goodwill to cover half the repair (over 3k total)... My service advisor made the call for me and that's how it played out, but even after calling the service manager she still to this day hasn't called me back.

So to end my rant, this will be my last Audi, my fiance last VW, and my old man will be trading in on another brand next round as well. Audi, we tried...multiple times...It's not the customers that are at fault for not wanting your products, or to support you. The issues lay within management starting at the dealer level.
    C7 A6 TDI - Malone STG2..Eurocode sways..H&R 15mm spacers..Waxedshine PPS
    Old A4 - S3 K04..Uni.. Autotech HPFP..RS4 PRV..S3 injectors..RS4 LPFP Controller..3" DP..Neuspeed Exhaust..034 HFC..ER DSMIC's..034 Silicone Hoses..OEM S3 DV Relocate..MANN Provent..034 Breather Plate..RS4 Sway..255/35..H&R Springs..Bilstein Sport..Cayenne 17z front / S4 rears... HPS Pads...Goodrige SS Lines...NewSouth Ventgauge..Bose Mod..Aux-in..12" Sub in Fiberglass Box..HID Fogs

Established Member Two Rings rgobantes23's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Audi's tweet is teasing US Avant fans.

https://www.quattrodaily.com/audi-te...nts-in-the-us/
    2018 Audi SQ5 Prestige with S-Package, DAP, Dynamic Steering, Fine Nappa Leather, Carbon Atlas Inlays, Monsoon Gray Metallic and Black Interior

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    A3 (sold), 2x B5 a4 avant (sold), b6 avant (sold) b7 a4 avant, b8 sleeper avant. b7 S4 avant

Is there a way to "special order" an RS4 avant and then pay for it up front or leave a significant deposit? BMW will let me custom order a manual transmission wagon if I pay for it upfront, but I would rather stick with Audi if possible.

It would be nice to pick the options that I actually want instead of picking from what they send over (if they even send anything at all).

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by audiphila View Post
    Is there a way to "special order" an RS4 avant and then pay for it up front or leave a significant deposit? BMW will let me custom order a manual transmission wagon if I pay for it upfront, but I would rather stick with Audi if possible.

It would be nice to pick the options that I actually want instead of picking from what they send over (if they even send anything at all).
    You canít get an rs4 Avant in the US in any form.
    You could ask about a manual Allroad as that is the only wagon left in the US but itís doubtful