Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 S6 Prestige

2018+ B9 SQ5 Air Intake Options/Mods?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Does anybody here in the Audizine world know of any air intake options for the B9 SQ5. Do any of you know of any expected arrival dates? Also interested in any DIY mods while we wait for production options. Thanks!

Established Member Three Rings SQ5/2018's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I. Personally waiting for the AWE intake that should be out in few months. As for the DYI depending on what you are seeking some have installed the K&N filter. You can take a page out of the B8 book and cut a hole in the intake for more turbo noise.
    Prestige B9 SQ5 / Moonlight Blue / S sport / DAP / Dynamic Steering

V-FF 109 / JB4 Tuner / ROC-Euro Intake / AWE Exhaust / Lowering Links / 034 Trans Insert / Brembo GT 380mm

Build Thread | Instagram @SQ5.MK2 | YouTube @SQ5 MK2

Veteran Member Three Rings cmoore86's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 RS5, 2015 SQ5

Quote Originally Posted by SQ5/2018 View Post
    I. Personally waiting for the AWE intake that should be out in few months. As for the DYI depending on what you are seeking some have installed the K&N filter. You can take a page out of the B8 book and cut a hole in the intake for more turbo noise.
    AWE needs to hurry up! Being bored I have done both K&N Filter and the hole.
    2018 Audi [] SQ5: Navarra Blue | Ceramic Pro | BBS | AWE | JB4 | Black Optics |
    Sold - 2015 Audi RS5: Sepang Blue My Sepang Blue RS5
    Sold - 2015 Audi SQ5: Sepang Blue cmoore86 2015 SQ5

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 S6 Prestige

cmoore86 I have read on another thread that you also have a forge dv? if so, can you possibly post up a lil sound clip or upload a lil video to YT and post link. I live 20 Min from forge motorsports in FL and I am considering to give one a try if i could only hear it first on somebody else's dime! I have been impatiently checking AWE site for over a year and nothing has popped up into production. should not be much more different than developing the one for S5/S4. Next option would be Eventuri but they are holding back on us also!

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 RS5, 2015 SQ5

Quote Originally Posted by 4-ring-sleepers View Post
    cmoore86 I have read on another thread that you also have a forge dv? if so, can you possibly post up a lil sound clip or upload a lil video to YT and post link. I live 20 Min from forge motorsports in FL and I am considering to give one a try if i could only hear it first on somebody else's dime! I have been impatiently checking AWE site for over a year and nothing has popped up into production. should not be much more different than developing the one for S5/S4. Next option would be Eventuri but they are holding back on us also!
    I still havent made that purchase actually. See if there is anyone with B9 S4/S5 with it as its the same part. I may still do this if an intake doesnt come soon though (getting bored again). Unfortunately for us, while the intake box itself is the same as S4/S5 the tube to the throttle body and the snorkel to the front grille are both different on the SQ5. I am hoping someone gets and intake done soon.

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Mops@Nemesis's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '19 SQ5 / '19 RS5 SB

I have the Roc Euro intake waiting for mine. I'll likely jump to the AWE AirGate once released, but that's a good 3-4 months out. I need that amazing turbo music ASAP.
    034Motorsport | ABT | Advan | AG | Akrapovič | AWE | BBS | BC Forged | Brembo | Capristo | Deval | Forgeline | H&R | KW | Milltek | OZ | Rotiform | Sparco | Stoptech | TSW | Unitronic | Volk | Vorsteiner | Work | and many more

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 RS5, 2015 SQ5

Quote Originally Posted by Mops@Nemesis View Post
    I have the Roc Euro intake waiting for mine. I'll likely jump to the AWE AirGate once released, but that's a good 3-4 months out. I need that amazing turbo music ASAP.
    They test fit on SQ5 already? At least this would be an option for now. Website doesn't list SQ5...

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '19 SQ5 / '19 RS5 SB

Quote Originally Posted by cmoore86 View Post
    They test fit on SQ5 already? At least this would be an option for now. Website doesn't list SQ5...
    Yep, John finished it up last week with a local B9 SQ customer, and shipped mine to Audi. I can get you one. Just let me know, and I'll hit up John.
    034Motorsport | ABT | Advan | AG | Akrapovič | AWE | BBS | BC Forged | Brembo | Capristo | Deval | Forgeline | H&R | KW | Milltek | OZ | Rotiform | Sparco | Stoptech | TSW | Unitronic | Volk | Vorsteiner | Work | and many more

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 RS5, 2015 SQ5

Yep, John finished it up last week with a local B9 SQ customer, and shipped mine to Audi. I can get you one. Just let me know, and I'll hit up John.
    If it's the same price as the S4/S5 why not. I am bored and want to mess with something. You have my email when you're ready. I am flying to Philadelphia later today though for the week so might not be on email until late tonight.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '19 SQ5 / '19 RS5 SB

If it's the same price as the S4/S5 why not. I am bored and want to mess with something. You have my email when you're ready. I am flying to Philadelphia later today though for the week so might not be on email until late tonight.
    I gotcha

Sucky part is the Roc will sound better than the lid-less AWE lol. But gains...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 RS5, 2015 SQ5

I gotcha

Sucky part is the Roc will sound better than the lid-less AWE lol. But gains...

Thanks! Will be interesting to see how the gains turn out. Probably just like the S4/S5 difference I would guess. But that doesn't really matter to me. I have all the gains I need from JB4. Going to try E85 next week and crank it up some more! This intake is almost purely for sound for me.

AZ Member #

Thanks! Will be interesting to see how the gains turn out. Probably just like the S4/S5 difference I would guess. But that doesn't really matter to me. I have all the gains I need from JB4. Going to try E85 next week and crank it up some more! This intake is almost purely for sound for me.
    same for me and for the look :) love me the carbon

V-FF 109 / JB4 Tuner / ROC-Euro Intake / AWE Exhaust / Lowering Links / 034 Trans Insert / Brembo GT 380mm

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 RS5, 2015 SQ5

same for me and for the look :) love me the carbon
    Yea AWE will obviously look better and may even perform better and I will make the switch when its time. But 1.25 years into ownership, I have heard it is coming for a while now. I just want to have fun with something as I am out of things to do for now. (done already...BO conversion, Lowering Links, Euro Tails, Painted Side Markers, JB4, AWE exhaust, on my 2nd set of aftermarket wheels already, and changed whatever I could in VCDS). About the only things left out there is this RE intake or Brembo brakes and not dropping brembo $$ just yet.

Hopefully someone also comes out with a CF engine cover so we can dress up engine bay more!

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '19 SQ5 / '19 RS5 SB

John just said we're about 1.5 weeks out due to powder coating. I'll get an invoice over and PO sent. Obviously no rush on your end. The order will be placed right away.

And yea, I went from all of the noises with my B9 S4, to stock. And the B8.5 SQ is gone. So I'm sitting here with one stock vehicle. I'm not well.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 RS5, 2015 SQ5

John just said we're about 1.5 weeks out due to powder coating. I'll get an invoice over and PO sent. Obviously no rush on your end. The order will be placed right away.

And yea, I went from all of the noises with my B9 S4, to stock. And the B8.5 SQ is gone. So I'm sitting here with one stock vehicle. I'm not well.
    Thats no fun! At least I have my car with some fun bits already. One stock car cant feel right for you! lol

And timing is fine. Not in any rush obviously. I will get payment over shortly. Can probably get it done before my flight just to knock it out.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '19 SQ5 / '19 RS5 SB

Thats no fun! At least I have my car with some fun bits already. One stock car cant feel right for you! lol

And timing is fine. Not in any rush obviously. I will get payment over shortly. Can probably get it done before my flight just to knock it out.
    I'm pretty sure it's causing me some underlying frustration, lol. I don't even drive them off the lot in anywhere near stock form. I've decided going forward I'm not going to sell suspension until after the fact. That will allow me to have a lowered car with spacers on stock wheels until the end, which is a pretty solid look.

Invoice sent 👍🏼

AZ Member #

how much is the roc?
    Send me a PM if you can't post it here.
    Thanks Mops.
    2018 SQ5 - Daytona, Prestige - JB4 on E85, Airmatic Lowering Links & 15mm Spacers on 21s

*Sold*2011 S4 - EPL Dual Pulley + TCU - 20" BBS LM - Bilstein B12 - APR RSC Exhaust
    Deval CF Diffuser - Maxton Splitter - USP Intake - MercRacing HE - CR15 -AutoTech HPFP

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '19 SQ5 / '19 RS5 SB

Quote Originally Posted by JD S4 View Post
    how much is the roc?
    Send me a PM if you can't post it here.
    Thanks Mops.
    ~$215 shipped

Spacers are supposed to release today. Been stuck at port by CA for a week.

Established Member Two Rings ADG05's Avatar
    AZ Member #

~$215 shipped

For 50% off a set of 21x10 LM's I'll go pick it up from the port for you...Seems like a pretty good deal....just sayin!
    2018 SQ5 Daytona Gray | BBS CI-R | Airmatic Links | Instagram: @raudi_sq5

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '19 SQ5 / '19 RS5 SB

Quote Originally Posted by ADG05 View Post
    For 50% off a set of 21x10 LM's I'll go pick it up from the port for you...Seems like a pretty good deal....just sayin!
    Hit me back Friday eve around 10pm EST. I should be feeling nice enough to consider this

AZ Member #

Hit me back Friday eve around 10pm EST. I should be feeling nice enough to consider this
    Calendar reminder set

AZ Member #

~$215 shipped

What port? Iím posting from here. I can skip shipping and go pick them up today. #SanDiego
    IMG_6290.JPG
    IMG_6289.JPG

Sent from my
    2018 SQ5 - Daytona, Prestige - JB4 on E85, Airmatic Lowering Links & 15mm Spacers on 21s

*Sold*2011 S4 - EPL Dual Pulley + TCU - 20" BBS LM - Bilstein B12 - APR RSC Exhaust
    Deval CF Diffuser - Maxton Splitter - USP Intake - MercRacing HE - CR15 -AutoTech HPFP

AZ Member #

~$215 shipped ... .

As always best pricing and service anywhere.

Just keep my card on file I guess

I will like to order one of them please.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '19 SQ5 / '19 RS5 SB

Quote Originally Posted by JD S4 View Post
    What port? Iím posting from here. I can skip shipping and go pick them up today. #SanDiego

Sent from my
    I'm not even sure. I suppose head over and ask if they've seen any wheel spacers floating... around

As always best pricing and service anywhere.

Just keep my card on file I guess

I will like to order one of them please.
    Our system does not retain any payment info, but you know the code word... "go go go" Lol

I'll send over an invoice right away!

AZ Member #

I'm not even sure. I suppose head over and ask if they've seen any wheel spacers floating... around

Our system does not retain any payment info, but you know the code word... "go go go" Lol

I'll send over an invoice right away!
    Thank you my sire

Now I just got to get home and start installation on some of the stuff. Especially the exhaust I got from you as itís in the garage in wifeís parking space

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '19 SQ5 / '19 RS5 SB

Especially the exhaust I got from you as itís in the garage in wifeís parking space
    Don't you get us in trouble!

AZ Member #

Don't you get us in trouble!
    Just remember what we practiced, if wife takes the phone from my hand and ask who you are?... Youíre Jake from State Farm.

AZ Member #

Just remember what we practiced, if wife takes the phone from my hand and ask who you are?... Youíre Jake from State Farm.
    ^^ That's hillarious

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '19 SQ5 / '19 RS5 SB

LOL, 10-4!! And what am I wearing?

AZ Member #

LOL, 10-4!! And what am I wearing?
    Uhhh........khakis..........

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '19 SQ5 / '19 RS5 SB

Hahahahahahaha! Jake is more handsome than I recall. 😛

AZ Member #

Hahahahahahaha! Jake is more handsome than I recall. 😛

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2018 SQ5

Does anyone have any pics of modding the factory airbox?
    2018 SQ5 - S Sport - Napa Leather - B&O

Previous:
    2018 Q7 3.0T - Premium Plus - 20's - Vision - Warm - Cold - Towing
    2017 Q5 3.0T S-Line
    2016 A5 S-Line

On the way: 2019 SQ5 - Quantum Gray - 21's - S Sport - Napa - B&O

Veteran Member Four Rings SQive's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 R8 GT; 2016 SQ5; 2017 Q7

Quote Originally Posted by naudical View Post
    No. These are just loveletters between Mops & SQ5/2018.
    2012 R8 GT, Suzuka with carbon fiber (#298 of 333)
    2017 Q7 P+, Ink Blue, Pistachio Beige, Warm, Vision, Bose, Towing (wife's ride)
    2016 SQ5, Sepang, Black Optic, Technology, BBS CH-R Gold 20x10.5 with 295's
    -2014 SQ5, Monsoon, Sans pano, totaled by a Xanexed-out broad in a Denali XL

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by SQive View Post
    No. These are just loveletters between Mops & SQ5/2018.
    Pound dang jerk. This is a threeway left handed Dutch rudder.

ďMOPS in the MiddleĒ

Sent from my

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 RS5, 2015 SQ5

Quote Originally Posted by naudical View Post
    Just being bored and knowing I would do an intake eventually, I did take my B9 airbox out of make a hole similar to the location and size of where one would make on on the B8.5 intake box. Didnt take any pics though. I am in Philadelphia for the week or I would grab one for you. I only did it for the slight increase to turbo noise as I didnt think it would make any gains like the B8.5 did.

Active Member Two Rings 2018_SQ5's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I'm certainly interested in what AWE will put out
    2018 SQ5 - Prestige | Daytona Gray | BBS CIR

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

I may do the ROC but Iím going to wait and see the details of it first. Do you think someone will offer a diverter valve possibly as well ? Mops are you going to keep your ROC after the AWE is released ? How much longer for it to leave the port this is crazy Iíve seen many people getting their quantum so itís past due for you my friend lol
    ē18 SQ5ē mythos black
    16 S3 ~misano red pearl
    15 WRX
    12 Shelby gt500
    07 CTS V
    03 Acura TL-S
    01 Saleen S281

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '19 SQ5 / '19 RS5 SB

2018+ B9 SQ5 Air Intake Options/Mods?

Quote Originally Posted by 2018_SQ5 View Post
    I'm certainly interested in what AWE will put out
    AWE will offer the AirGate. I had one on my B9 S4. I'll edit this post with a video in a moment.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhpihF9A...d=26qpdmlzkz6b

Quote Originally Posted by Cmoney$3 View Post
    I may do the ROC but Iím going to wait and see the details of it first. Do you think someone will offer a diverter valve possibly as well ? Mops are you going to keep your ROC after the AWE is released ? How much longer for it to leave the port this is crazy Iíve seen many people getting their quantum so itís past due for you my friend lol
    I don't think you'll want a DV if you go with an open intake. The sounds are amazing! And yep, I'm sure I'll sell the Roc and grab the AWE once released later this year.

I found out last week the hold-up is the trailer hitch coding. I really want the hitch. I've been severely handicapped not having a Taco over the past few years, and not being able to pull my 6x12 either... major PITA!

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '19 SQ5 / '19 RS5 SB

Just an FYI for those that ordered the Roc unit. John will be shipping them out by EOD tomorrow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast