Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Looking for NW Shop to do timing chains or engine swap

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Currently in the market to get a b7 s4 and am fully aware of what some would call imminent issues. With that said I am looking for a shop that someone can recommend for doing an Rs4 motor/ ecus swap into a B7 s4 and the full timing chain service on the b7 s4 motor.

Im in the Seattle area and am willing to go down to Oregon. So far i have called several shops in the seattle area and havnt had much luck. I was trying to avoid dealerships, especially for the rs swap. Any help would be most appreciated. What the smaller shops are telling me is that is not a profitable job and takes up too much lift time.

Lastly, i dont mind doing some work myself but would be nice to have a backup plan depending on what the issue is.

Thank you

Established Member Two Rings B9S4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Audi4life0000 View Post
    Currently in the market to get a b7 s4 and am fully aware of what some would call imminent issues. With that said I am looking for a shop that someone can recommend for doing an Rs4 motor/ ecus swap into a B7 s4 and the full timing chain service on the b7 s4 motor.

Im in the Seattle area and am willing to go down to Oregon. So far i have called several shops in the seattle area and havnt had much luck. I was trying to avoid dealerships, especially for the rs swap. Any help would be most appreciated. What the smaller shops are telling me is that is not a profitable job and takes up too much lift time.

Lastly, i dont mind doing some work myself but would be nice to have a backup plan depending on what the issue is.

Thank you
    I have never used them but Addict Motorsports in Woodinville could probably do it.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Audizine mobile app

Active Member Three Rings hellovaras's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Achtuning in Redmond? Maybe?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    2013 Monsoon Grey B8.5 S4 6MT | ECS CF Wing | ECS CF Front Lip | Canyon Run-15 Strut Brace | ECS Front Strut Tower Bar | Injen CAI | ECS Center X-Pipe | 034 Motorsports Rear Sway Bar | ECS Tuning Lower Control Arm Brace | Ziza Interior Light Kit | Luft-Technik Intake Air Scoop | ECS CF Antenna Cover | ECS CF Rear Diffuser | Chipwerke Pro Stage 1 |Do Tinted Windows Count?

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by B9S4 View Post
    I have never used them but Addict Motorsports in Woodinville could probably do it.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Audizine mobile app
    Have you called Eastside Bavarian?

Sent from my iPad using Audizine
    2013 Monsoon Grey B8.5 S4 6MT | ECS CF Wing | ECS CF Front Lip | Canyon Run-15 Strut Brace | ECS Front Strut Tower Bar | Injen CAI | ECS Center X-Pipe | 034 Motorsports Rear Sway Bar | ECS Tuning Lower Control Arm Brace | Ziza Interior Light Kit | Luft-Technik Intake Air Scoop | ECS CF Antenna Cover | ECS CF Rear Diffuser | Chipwerke Pro Stage 1 |Do Tinted Windows Count?

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Thanks for the replies and keep em coming.

-Actuning isnít super excited about the job
    -Fine tuning hasnt called me back
    -Autobahn Autoworkz is to busy - props to the owner for giving me a lot of info but just doesnít do these big jobs right now
    -Addict motorsports wont pick up the phone or return voicemail. i hear awesome stuff about them and maybe will just go down there.

Those were some of my top picks and as you can see am running into roadblocks. But in all seriousness if i get this car i need to find a highly qualified shop that i can rely on. Hard to plan for a big engine swap if nobody will help.

I had a white b6 s4 avant 6mt and need another one!!! Should of kept that!

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

AMD (Addict) is difficult to get hold of, but they do great work and really know their stuff; definitely stop by and talk to them about your potential project. While you're there, have a look around - there's usually some really cool projects they're working on.

Veteran Member Four Rings Solarsuplex's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I hope you are swapping the RS motor, fueling, ecu, wiring harness from a donor RS4 that was in an accident. Ordering individual parts is going to cost you a hell of a lot more than just buying a B7 RS4 in the first place. There are a number of differences between the RS4 and the S4 although the motor is listed as a 4.2 its hardly the same engine from a swappability standpoint.

That said. Check out a few of the threads in the B7 RS4 section where people have done the swap and read their cost breakdowns. Hopefully you're doing all of this to an Avant.
    -James
    F T W L T B D W I C T W
    Instagram - jamesdrichey
    Moonlight Blue - B8.5 S4
    Brilliant Black - B7 A4

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Thanks for the info and yes am very aware of the costs. Yes it would be to an avant and yes know the differences. Right now in planning stages but without a shop fhat would do this i got nothing which is the reason for my post. Appreciate your insights!

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

I plan to keep this car(b7 s4 6mt avant) for a long time so whether it becomes a rs4 or just gets an engine refresh with new chains and what other else i would like to find a shop to do this

Senior Member Two Rings viciousone's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Damn b7s4 is like dating a good looking girl with a criminal record,bad credit, and head issues.......But if you want to go down that road like you stated above I would say AMD but you'll have to be patient.....Customer service is on the two star side but the work done is worth the wait. Good luck and happy hunting! 4 Rings One Love!
    vIcIoUsOnE-"Go Hawks"
    MK6 GTI APR Stage II "Baroness"

Veteran Member Four Rings CupcakeS5's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Your mom

-Addict motorsports wont pick up the phone or return voicemail. i hear awesome stuff about them and maybe will just go down there.
    You literally do have to just go bust down Jason's door to get him to talk to you. Heh.

Be aware he'll probably make you supercharge the RS4 engine while it's there. You cannot say no.
    I know violence isn't the answer. I got it wrong on purpose.

"Then you get ecodes, and it's like beer tastes better, tits are perkier, and things are just right in the world." -i1overice

Active Member One Ring ubeermench's Avatar
    AZ Member #

German Auto Haus could do it, also in woodinville. Like cupcake said, you will need to go down there to talk to Jason. He usually has music blasting in the garage and can never hear the phone, they're usually really busy.

Veteran Member Four Rings PNW Avant's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2008 A4 Avant

Email the guy with the RS4'd B7 Avant on bring a trailer. Ship your car(s) to his shop. If you're having a shop do this time-intensive swap for you, an extra 2-3K to ship your car back and forth should not be a significant cost in the grand scheme.
    Hers: 2014 SQ5 Premium Plus
    Mine: 2008 Ibis White Ti S-line A4 Avant 2.0T 6MT
    Black Alcantara S4 Recaros | RS4 Grill | S4 Mirrors | JHM Short Shifter | RNS-e + OEM BT | BBS CH reps | KW V2 | F+R S4 Brakes | RS4 Sway Bar + 034 End Links | APR Stage 1 Tune | JHM Downpipe | B7 S4 Exhaust | Apikol Snub + Differential Mount | 034 Street Density Motor + Trans Mounts

Past: 2004 Arctic White S4 Avant

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Thanks everyone!!! Finally I found someone to do this project. German Auto Haus. They were pretty excited about the idea and had a great attitude too. Thanks ubeermench for recommending them! Ok now time to get out the checkbook!

AZ Member #

Nice

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Active Member One Ring ubeermench's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Thanks everyone!!! Finally I found someone to do this project. German Auto Haus. They were pretty excited about the idea and had a great attitude too. Thanks ubeermench for recommending them! Ok now time to get out the checkbook!
    No problem! Dimitri is currently working on my stage 3 build that is almost done and also worked on my 911 turbo. Great guy and very reasonable

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Your mom

Oh shoot, yeah, I always forget he is up there and loves doing crazy projects. A friend of mine down here in PDX owns the C6 "S6" V10 Avant he built. It's so rad.

"Then you get ecodes, and it's like beer tastes better, tits are perkier, and things are just right in the world." -i1overice

Veteran Member Four Rings jeremy@matrix's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B8.5 S4, B8 S4, B7 A4A, B6 A4, B5 A4, Q7, 958TT, 955TTS, 997C2S, 996TT...

Quote Originally Posted by CupcakeS5 View Post
    Oh shoot, yeah, I always forget he is up there and loves doing crazy projects. A friend of mine down here in PDX owns the C6 "S6" V10 Avant he built. It's so rad.
    It is droolworthy.
    Did B get the brakes fixed up yet?
    Jeremy Williams
    Matrix Integrated Inc.
    www.matrixintegrated.cc

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Your mom

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy@matrix View Post
    It is droolworthy.
    Did B get the brakes fixed up yet?
    Not sure!

Sent from the depths of hell, where I store all of your stolen souls