Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Registered Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Smile S6 to RS6 upgrade for a year 2000 C5 B2 model

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hello to everyone,

I am looking for advice and ideas and, possibly, help.

I enjoy the idea of upgrading slightly and not very aggressively my S6. The first few things that come to mind are an RS6 steering wheel and badges and, perhaps under the bonnet an RS6 plastic engine cover (is it at all possible?).

I am NOT a mechanical expert and a friend who is helps me with mechanical work as he has a "lifting bridge" (I am not sure what it is called in English) in his garage and all the tools of a professoinal mechanical shop.

I own a 2000 S6 sedan (WAUZZZ4BZYN106092) that was my father's and had been lying idle for 5 years. I replaced all 8 front suspension arms, 4 shock abosrbers, 2 rear suspension supports (from aluminium to reinforced steel), new thermostatic valve, new distribution belt and sprokets, new auxillary fan motor, 4 new brake discs and pads and completely drained and replaced all fluids, battery and filters. Soon I might have to ovehaul the automatic transmission as it is starting to snap...

Anyhow... now I am thinking of a few aesthetic upgrades:

RS6 badges and grille, an RS6 steering wheel, new headlights (with angel eyes), new rear lights, DIN1 radio upgrade with an Android system (if I can find a DIN1) and any other idea that comes to mind that will not alter too much the original, simple, elegant look. I heard that the transmission can be tweeaked a bit (recoded?) with something VAG.com. [UPDATE: I found what VAG-COM is here. [What is is this VAG.com?] What kind of improvements can it offer?

My next project will be my father's other Audi, an A8 W12, that has been lying in the garage for 5 years.

Smiles from Naples (Italy) the land of sunshine, pizza, mozzarella, pasta and Audis!
    Last edited by ascanio1; 01-19-2019 at 04:02 AM. Reason: Found one answer

Veteran Member Four Rings Bordom's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Steering wheels and badges are easy. RS6 engine cover will not fit.
    Bordom's Allroad; Boat in the Street
    03 Allroad 6-spd

IG: 24_et

MODS: C5 S6 4.2 Swap, Modified CSF Performance Rad, Dual 14" EFK, 4.11 Swap, 12lb TTV V8 Flywheel, B7 RS4 Clutch, Custom True Dual Exhaust

RIP:
    2001.5 Brilliant Black S4 6-spd

Established Member Three Rings JorisRS6's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2003 RS6

Skip the badges

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Sounds like you've done some good maintenance work. Personally, I wouldn't rebadge to an RS6. But, make whatever cosmetic and other changes you enjoy, it's yours.
    The automatic trans is an expensive, weak point on the S6. Consider converting it to a manual when your auto trans fails.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by JorisRS6 View Post
    Skip the badges
    Why, don't you like them?
    Apart for grille, rear spoiler and wheels there is nothing else to diferentiate S6/RS6 from outside.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Bordom View Post
    Steering wheels and badges are easy. RS6 engine cover will not fit.
    Thank you. I suspected as much...

... any alternative engine cover or Bi-Turbo logo that doesn't look too out of style or vulgar?

I even found a 2003 RS6 sedan for sale with low miles, known history and low price but I simply don't want to sell my S6 because it was my dad's car: sentimental value. He kept talking of RS6 upgrades that would not look vulgar but he never had time and, so, I kind of feel that I want to do exactly that now and I see that it is a popular theme here so I thought of asking for ideas and suggestions.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by NWS6 View Post
    Sounds like you've done some good maintenance work. Personally, I wouldn't rebadge to an RS6. But, make whatever cosmetic and other changes you enjoy, it's yours. The automatic trans is an expensive, weak point on the S6. Consider converting it to a manual when your auto trans fails.
    Can aftermarket parts be found for the transmission on autodoc and similar (*)?

(*) I am a bit worried for parts because I could not find aftermarket rear shock absorbers. The original Sachs cost 180$ each (in Russia) and way more in Europe.

Established Member Three Rings JorisRS6's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2003 RS6

Quote Originally Posted by ascanio1 View Post
    Why, don't you like them?
    Apart for grille, rear spoiler and wheels there is nothing else to diferentiate S6/RS6 from outside.
    Well. Youre car is an s6. It should carrie s6 badges.
    Besides that you have the bumpers, side skirts, door blades and mirrors. Quite the difference imo.
    But your car, your call

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

This link offers a host of genuine RS6 cosmetic upgrades. CarbonLORD, an A6 4.2 owner active on AudiWorld some 10-15 years ago, did a full RS6 appearance upgrade to his A6. He did it well.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-.../#post15104231
    1998.5 Pearl A4 Avant 2.8QTip Sport
    2000 Silver A6 4.2
    2014 Dakota Gray allroad Premium+

AZ Member #

@JorisRS6 thanks for the details that I appreciated but I am not a purist. I concede that collector cars should be original but my S6 is only an old car. A wonderful but old, car.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by yakimaA4avant View Post
    This link offers a host of genuine RS6 cosmetic upgrades. CarbonLORD, an A6 4.2 owner active on AudiWorld some 10-15 years ago, did a full RS6 appearance upgrade to his A6. He did it well.
    https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-.../#post15104231
    This guy was crazy! How much did he spend? I appreciated the link, thank you!

I have no intention to do all that work and spend all that money! I will change just the bare minimum!
    Last edited by ascanio1; 01-22-2019 at 07:49 AM.