Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Three Rings ralphie_43's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    A5 B5 1.8t

Help confused on idle shake

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hey fellow B5ers. Today i'm working on getting my b5 A4 1.8t fwd tiptronic car up to par (younger brother is learning to drive so perfect chance to get him into audis). I have put the b5 on the backburnner for about a year now (I'm now more active in the A3/S3 8V chassis. Currently with a stage 2 S3). Anyways i'm having this issue of the car kind of bogging/shaking once the revs come back down to idle. I have no idea what the issue may be. The motor was redone about 2.5 years ago but the motor itself has no more than like 1.5-2k miles since the rebuild. I've attached a video of the issue since i'm not sure how to describe it exactly. Thanks for any input!
    https://youtu.be/wQ4zwhKwnWQ

Sent from my SM-G930V using Audizine mobile app

Established Member Three Rings Blazius's Avatar
    AZ Member #

My FWD is doing the same thing but not this much. Its kind of normal tbh. There are couple of maps in the ECU that adjust idle reserve, idle speed etc. Since this is a DBC it should have an idle control valve , I would check that and if its fine you got nothing to worry about.
    2000 B5 A4 Avant FWD Manual - S Line - Sport package

N/A ARG bottom end, AEB Head & other stuff | t3/t4 turbo conversion IN Progress - https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...rbo-Conversion

Registered Member Two Rings Lonslow93's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Check coil pack connections

Snub Mount and bracket

Engine mounts

My best guess fr id bet money itís the puck PCV valve or a major vacuum leak. Based on that symptom id almost guarantee it

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine