Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by allmotor_2000 View Post
    Car runs 5.0-5.1s 60-130 with full weight... I mean it hauls! I am sure with a few more tweaks it will hit the 4's full weight. With interior removed I am sure its 4.5-4.6s. Haven't lost a race yet... will do the 1/4 in Feb. It will go back to IROZ in a few weeks to get the latest SW updates since its continuously evolving.

I daily drive the car. Gas mileage sucks if you floor it but that's to be expected. My brake wear indicator came on at 6K miles (?!).
    Whats your numbers on 91 ?

Established Member Four Rings comingabriel's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Saw George listing his IMS850 turbo kit for sale on FB, the RS3 group.
    George, any info as to why, I don't have FB anymore (have an account and nothing on it).
    Was told to me today, and pretty shocked, and the sudden disappearance off the private snapchat group???

Anything going on btwn you and IROZ/CC?

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Drehmoment View Post
    Never tried 91... so no idea.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by comingabriel View Post
    George, any info as to why, I don't have FB anymore (have an account and nothing on it).
    Was told to me today, and pretty shocked, and the sudden disappearance off the private snapchat group???

Yeah looks like some issue between them. He was live on IG.

Hope no mud slinging. Doesnít help anybody. Both are nice guys so donít quite understand where this went south.

Too bad.

Senior Member Three Rings Bezlar's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Popcorn as my chiefs get their ass kicked by fucking patriots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2005 1/2 imola S4 gone
    2004 mini s gone
    2007 gti gone
    2008 mini s gone
    2011 ibis avant gone
    2012 iced silver tts gone
    2015 golf r gone
    2018 rs3 garage

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Hope no mud slinging. Doesnít help anybody. Both are nice guys so donít quite understand where this went south.

Too bad.
    YouTube channels and their antics. Beware of click bait lol. Idk what he's doing but never responded to my offer but I'm sure he gets 100's of messages for shit like that. If he does VR swap the RS3, I'm sure he'll lose followers, definitely lose me.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Rocketsauce16; 01-21-2019 at 09:46 AM.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketsauce16 View Post
    If he does VR swap the RS3, I'm sure he'll lose follower, definitely lose me.
    The VR was my 1st love.
    This motor was supposed to have taken its place, but now?

Did his motor take a dump?

AZ Member #

No.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Spec c View Post
    No.
    Sweet! Glad to hear. Thank you.

Veteran Member Four Rings NYEuroTuner's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B5 S4.

How about this, I won't interfere here anymore, and just let this manifest however it is destined to, however long it takes. So, you and everyone will know I am not what you think. Like I did in the other thread. That thread did prevent me from going APR Stage 3+, as well as all the private convo's I have had with many people, but I didn't troll that thread or fish for anything. This thread now exists for those who are IMS BT and can use this thread to share info, questions, and help those who are considering BT what they are facing. George and others pioneered the RS3 limits, and without them posting or making video's, none of us would know much about anything, if you think about it.
    Appreciate the kind words. Was a team effort on all accounts.

-- George
    SEMPER FI
    Build Thread--------------->My VR6 Journey<-Click it, Click it good.
    IABEDINDUSTRIES

AZ Member #

The VR was my 1st love.
    This motor was supposed to have taken its place, but now?

No I don't think he would sell someone a bad motor, that wouldn't do him any good for his rep in the community.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B5 S4.

YouTube channels and their antics. Beware of click bait lol. Idk what he's doing but never responded to my offer but I'm sure he gets 100's of messages for shit like that. If he does VR swap the RS3, I'm sure he'll lose follower, definitely lose me.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Very true, since we posted the trans video on YouTube messages and emails have soared, still sorting and replying and I havenít put a dent into those yet.

As for the VR swap, itís a thought, with technology these days, and parts sharing itís amazing whatís possible and whatís bolt in so to speak.

I love my RS3, and love the people itís connected me to. But if you decide to unfollow me due to me considering the possibility of experimenting and doing cool things with my car then I canít stop you.

I also listed a feeler out there to see what my options are. Iím always down to experiment, and have fun, thatís mainly the reason I got into the RS3 and started sending it a day after purchase.

I have 17k miles on my car, Iíd say a large portion of that mileage is racing on a setup no customer was willing to do first.

So hey, if Iím thinking about going crazy and doing something nuts, thatís the only way innovations and new things are discovered.

-- George
    SEMPER FI
    IABEDINDUSTRIES

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B5 S4.

No I don't think he would sell someone a bad motor, that wouldn't do him any good for his rep in the community.
    Correct, motor is 100% intact, clutches however, no so much and thatís reasonable with all the racing and abuse I put the car through.

-- George
    SEMPER FI
    IABEDINDUSTRIES

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by NYEuroTuner View Post
    Very true, since we posted the trans video on YouTube messages and emails have soared, still sorting and replying and I havenít put a dent into those yet.

As for the VR swap, itís a thought, with technology these days, and parts sharing itís amazing whatís possible and whatís bolt in so to speak.

I love my RS3, and love the people itís connected me to. But if you decide to unfollow me due to me considering the possibility of experimenting and doing cool things with my car then I canít stop you.

I also listed a feeler out there to see what my options are. Iím always down to experiment, and have fun, thatís mainly the reason I got into the RS3 and started sending it a day after purchase.

I have 17k miles on my car, Iíd say a large portion of that mileage is racing on a setup no customer was willing to do first.

So hey, if Iím thinking about going crazy and doing something nuts, thatís the only way innovations and new things are discovered.

You are definitely off your rockers, but I mean that in the best compliment possible. Love wild ideas and I know that idea has probably creeped into your head which is why I said it. I just think it would be a stretch at thinking it makes the car better than you have it. I say just build it and send it even more, was very excited for the parts you were creating too and was hoping you would give us even more. I hope the best for you, and I probably won't unfollow, but politely skim through your videos quicker if you VR6 the RS3.
    Last edited by Rocketsauce16; 01-21-2019 at 10:41 AM.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B5 S4.

Should have responded to this comment but I missed it. Answered it below responding to rocket.

But in a nutshell I Motor Swapped my B5 S4 due to the lack of options and performance support in the United States.

It all comes down to options, I like having them. And the fact there are so many compatible parts from the VR6 DSG setups to the RS3 itís kinda cool.

Engine management would be the tricky part, Syvecs for sure for running it and powering DSG and keeping dash happy. But again, itís a feeler and Iím exploring options.

-- George
    SEMPER FI
    IABEDINDUSTRIES

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B5 S4.

You are definitely off your rockers, but I mean that in the best compliment possible. Love wild ideas and I know that idea has probably creeped into your head which is why I said it. I just think it would be a stretch at thinking it makes the car better than you have it. I say just build it and send it even more, was very excited for the parts you were creating too and was hoping you would us even more. I hope the best for you, and I probably won't unfollow, but politely skim through your videos quicker if you VR6 the RS3.
    And itís all good. I love the performance aspect of the current setup.

Thereís a reason why I chose IMS and CC, and look at them now, fastest cars on the road and the track, and the competition never wants to race publicly against. Small company out of Vegas destroying bank funded corporate firms and their social media boot lickers trying desperately to keep up.

Iíve toasted a ton of cars and crazy power setups that should have beat a 4 door sedan, but the RS3/TTRS are solid platforms.

Iím entertaining new ideas, exploring, perhaps for future plans and this will always be the case with cars.

After all why do you think IMS is exploring with Syvecs? Itís all in the effort to evolve in an always growing industry.

Who knows, maybe Iíll just bust hanks balls even more so, go fully built 5cyl and clutches. And go break more hearts and piss off more sales people from company XXX.

-- George
    SEMPER FI
    IABEDINDUSTRIES

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B5 S4.

Too bad.
    People/relationships go through spats, and Iím human, and no better or different than any of you.

So that being said, Iíll be updating my trans issue thread this week and giving some major updates on the car and the path forward

-- George
    SEMPER FI
    IABEDINDUSTRIES

AZ Member #

People/relationships go through spats, and Iím human, and no better or different than any of you.

So that being said, Iíll be updating my trans issue thread this week and giving some major updates on the car and the path forward

Syvecs, definitely interesting!
    Looking fwd to more of your projects with the RS3 on here.
    Why is UM not used over CC?

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B5 S4.

Syvecs, definitely interesting!
    Looking fwd to more of your projects with the RS3 on here.
    Why is UM not used over CC?
    Thanks man, and as to UM, they have more certainly dominated the gen2 stuff, perhaps their working on 8v/8s RS3/TTRS release ?

Not sure, UM would be the best source to ask and see if they have any plans.

Iíve heard rumblings that other tuners are jumping on the RS3 TTRS train as well. Definitely a platform on fire at the moment.

-- George
    SEMPER FI
    IABEDINDUSTRIES

AZ Member #

Should have responded to this comment but I missed it. Answered it below responding to rocket.

But in a nutshell I Motor Swapped my B5 S4 due to the lack of options and performance support in the United States.

It all comes down to options, I like having them. And the fact there are so many compatible parts from the VR6 DSG setups to the RS3 itís kinda cool.

Engine management would be the tricky part, Syvecs for sure for running it and powering DSG and keeping dash happy. But again, itís a feeler and Iím exploring options.

Definitely didn't think about that side of things, VR6 and DQ500 is match made before. Syvecs is just another way Hank is pushing the platform faster than anyone has before. I was looking at it and it took almost 3 years for the GTR to hit 8's, our platform will hit it in half the time. Just insane the tuning capabilities of these cars.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B5 S4.

Definitely didn't think about that side of things, VR6 and DQ500 is match made before. Syvecs is just another way Hank is pushing the platform faster than anyone has before. I was looking at it and it took almost 3 years for the GTR to hit 8's, our platform will hit it in half the time. Just insane the tuning capabilities of these cars.
    Very true.

Full disclosure, I never drag raced before owning the RS3, so all still very new, and if weíre being honest lot of tuners and companies have never gone 9s either with a new platforms and bolt ons, new territory for everyone for sure.

In general Iím excited to see whatís next and keeping an open mind to setups, experiments and crazy talk.

-- George
    SEMPER FI
    IABEDINDUSTRIES

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Drehmoment View Post
    You'll be faster than a FBO stage 2 e70, but that's about it. Just like stage 1 e70 is going to be quicker than FBO stage 2 on 93. In summary E85 is a hell of a drug.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

No review yet but a graph.

AZ Member #

Thatís awesome - look forward to it!

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by ReallyNotHalvie View Post
    No review yet but a graph.
    Congrats bro! There you go every buddy. 500ftlb by 4k RPM ain't no slouch.

AZ Member #

That is so what I like. 778hp and "562tq." Congrats bro!!! Did you upgrade the valves? For 8k rpm...? Looks like is cuts out at 7800rpm, by tune or driver?

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

That is so what I like. 778hp and "562tq." Congrats bro!!! Did you upgrade the valves? For 8k rpm...? Looks like is cuts out at 7800rpm, by tune or driver?
    Thanks! The head was built. Not really sure where power starts to drop on these setups.

Thanks! So switching to BT?

AZ Member #

Tq is likely limited because we don't have a 4bar map sensor option so boost needs to be held back. Once a working 4bar I'd anticipate these cars will make a good deal more tq and midrange.

AZ Member #

Yeah, it appears to be leashed.
    Thanks for the info.
    450whp by ~4650rpm, and 450wtq at ~3700 RPM.
    So jealous!!! Let me pay this puppy off 1st, before retirement, I hope, and then it's IMS850 for me :)
    I only would like the HP to ramp up a little faster and stronger, and wtq to stay around there. I know, can't have it with the nature of that turbo...
    Can't wait for halvie's review!!

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

IMS has a way around the stock map sensor limitation by using external boost control. It's an optional upgrade.

Tq is likely limited because we don't have a 4bar map sensor option so boost needs to be held back. Once a working 4bar I'd anticipate these cars will make a good deal more tq and midrange.
    2018 Nardo Gray RS3, CC SW, IMS fueling, IE intake, IMS FMIC, Milltek DP (open), BullX catback, Neuspeed springs/bars, various 034 bits

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by silvino View Post
    IMS has a way around the stock map sensor limitation by using external boost control. It's an optional upgrade.
    That doesn't account for fuel and timing in the map ranges above what stock can handle. Hank is running a syveccs and thus doesn't have this issue.

AZ Member #

I only would like the HP to ramp up a little faster and stronger, and wtq to stay around there. I know, can't have it with the nature of that turbo...
    Can't wait for halvie's review!!
    Well given hp is a calculation based on tq(and rpm) it can't ramp any faster until tq in that area is increased....

AZ Member #

Well given hp is a calculation based on tq(and rpm) it can't ramp any faster until tq in that area is increased....
    I know, both are dependent on each other, that is dependent on the nature of the turbo.

Syvecs is still in testing.

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Afaik there are others running stock ECU with some CC wizardry to compensate.

That doesn't account for fuel and timing in the map ranges above what stock can handle. Hank is running a syveccs and thus doesn't have this issue.
    2018 Nardo Gray RS3, CC SW, IMS fueling, IE intake, IMS FMIC, Milltek DP (open), BullX catback, Neuspeed springs/bars, various 034 bits

AZ Member #

Close your eyes and pray...

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by silvino View Post
    Afaik there are others running stock ECU with some CC wizardry to compensate.
    Notice they're all running just over the map limit though? There's a reason why no production files are running 40 psi lol
    Close your eyes and pray...
    LOL

AZ Member #

Yeah, saw hank hit 44psi, was like holy hell!

I need two jobs now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12