Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

First fault issue with stereo

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    2012 S4 B8 6spd Prestige

B&O system, 100% unmolested.

Drive car 5 min to next destination. Stopped and got put for 5 min. Returned to vehicle ignition on and immediate high pitch from rear speakers only. Sound is greatly distorted and does this on all sub groups (am/fm/bovee/sat). Volume from either wheel or console either turns to max or mute. Ran a quick diag and pulled code for open circuit on sub. Have not messed with amp or sub in the year I have owned. Thoughts of what could be doing this? I did erase code and still have issue. Lookin to pull amp harness next for possible "easy" fic. Anyone else experience this? Very random, stereo was working fine right before I parked.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Update, unplugged all connections to amp. Issue resolved itself. Have to assume I had some build up on connectors causing open circuit or issue with opt fiber connection.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    18%20A3%20Quattro

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Dammit View Post
    Update, unplugged all connections to amp. Issue resolved itself. Have to assume I had some build up on connectors causing open circuit or issue with opt fiber connection.

Sounds like a surge to the Amp. That's what cause it to code. Doubt any build up terminals would cause your volume to reduce to max/mute only. How old is your battery?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Audizine mobile app
    Yeah, Well, that's just like, you know - your opinion, man.
    http://i1.wp.com/bulletin.equinoxpub...size=900%2C675