Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

? not about B6 but 2004 audi TT BEA engine(audi tt forum sucks)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Guys can someone explain how changing out a MAF would cause difference in hp. We bought a 2004 audi TT 225. I was getting high rpm code in vag. Went out and bought a new MAF(part #0280218065). Replaced it and ran a week with it. Wife says that car doesn't have hp as before. Test drove and replaced new MAF with old MAF. Big difference. So thinking new MAF was bad bought a another new MAF. Same issue. Old MAF has more power. And I mean a lot more. Talked to the owner and the car is not tuned from his understanding. How the hell can a MAF cause that much of a difference. I was going to take the sensor out of the old MAF and check to see if there is a part number on the sensor. Any ideas?

AZ Member #

Found some info on dead maf and overboost but Im not throwing overboost codes. Just high rpm code. Idle does run alittle high not anything major. Seriously guys not crazy. there is a big hp change.

Veteran Member Four Rings AudiA4_20T's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    10speed

Can you log each one of them and look at airflow?
    - Clint

New: 2011 B8 S4 Prestige - broken
    Current: 05 B5.5 Passat 4motion 1.8T - Jfonz Tune, 034 HFC, Samco TIP, TR18 FMIC, meth. waiting to go on: K04, H&R Coils
    totaled: 04 DG B6 Cabby 1.8T - stock forever
    Gone: White '04 S4 2.7T - Stage 2+
    Gone : Fastest B6 A4 ever - 464awhp/12.1@116
    Gone : 05 DG B7 2.0TQ - Stage 1

Established Member Two Rings Ol Dirty Noodle's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Raccoons and Feces

Are you sure you donít just have a massive vac leak? Thatíll cause a surging idle for sure

AZ Member #

No air leak did a smoke test. First thing I did. and its not getting surge. Rpms just stay at around 900. No needle jumps nothing. With the new MAF rpms stay around 750. I unplugged the MAF and ran the car. Car runs like shit with either maf unplugged. Emailed VAG they have me taking logs now so they can see whats going on. Did say someone could of changed a few things programming wise that I cannot see. They havnt gotten back to me.

Veteran Member Four Rings AudiA4_20T's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    10speed

Also if somehow the housing was a different size that would really screw things up. I would maybe swap the sensor into the old housing and see if that solves anything.
    - Clint

New: 2011 B8 S4 Prestige - broken
    Current: 05 B5.5 Passat 4motion 1.8T - Jfonz Tune, 034 HFC, Samco TIP, TR18 FMIC, meth. waiting to go on: K04, H&R Coils
    totaled: 04 DG B6 Cabby 1.8T - stock forever
    Gone: White '04 S4 2.7T - Stage 2+
    Gone : Fastest B6 A4 ever - 464awhp/12.1@116
    Gone : 05 DG B7 2.0TQ - Stage 1

Veteran Member Four Rings old guy's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '03 A4, '13 A5, '18 MB-GLA

Pull the actual sensor out of both housings and compare the part numbers on the sensor. I have experienced a similar issue with two different sensors mounted in the same housing part number. I'm guessing the replacement one is F 00C 2G2 049 and the original is F 00C 2G2 040.
    Last edited by old guy; 01-14-2019 at 11:34 AM.
    A4 Motoza tuned Frankenturbo F21L / Bosch 550's / 3" MAF / TyrolSport SMIC / 034 HFC / TT 2.5" DP / Borla / Eibach ProKit / Koni Yellows / H-Sport F&R Bars / TyrolSport Brake Stiffeners / HyperShift Short Shifter / Podi
    A5 Mods to come: Little stuff so far. 20/25mm spacers / H&R OE Sport springs / 35% tint / Neuspeed Power Module / black window trim / RS grille.

AZ Member #

Clint-OG thanks
    Have to buy the keyed star wrenches. Anyone know if autozone for napa has them?
    Also didn't say this before you can hear the turbo spool more with old MAF. New MAFS its faint. Wonder if I received 2 bad MAFS(FCPEuro)

Veteran Member Four Rings old guy's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '03 A4, '13 A5, '18 MB-GLA

Quote Originally Posted by rfelker View Post
    Clint-OG thanks
    Have to buy the keyed star wrenches. Anyone know if autozone for napa has them?
    Also didn't say this before you can hear the turbo spool more with old MAF. New MAFS its faint. Wonder if I received 2 bad MAFS(FCPEuro)
    It's a special 5-point security wrench so I doubt Autozone will have it. You can remove the bolts with a set of channel locks. Have done it both ways.
    A4 Motoza tuned Frankenturbo F21L / Bosch 550's / 3" MAF / TyrolSport SMIC / 034 HFC / TT 2.5" DP / Borla / Eibach ProKit / Koni Yellows / H-Sport F&R Bars / TyrolSport Brake Stiffeners / HyperShift Short Shifter / Podi
    A5 Mods to come: Little stuff so far. 20/25mm spacers / H&R OE Sport springs / 35% tint / Neuspeed Power Module / black window trim / RS grille.

Established Member Two Rings Ol Dirty Noodle's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Raccoons and Feces

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    It's a special 5-point security wrench so I doubt Autozone will have it. You can remove the bolts with a set of channel locks. Have done it both ways.
    Harbor freight has a set of folding style keys for cheap, had to get them for my roof rack just the other week

AZ Member #

update- took old MAF element out. Checked part numbers.The housing part number is correct, the element is for a AMU engine that is not wideband. Also the element has a larger opening than the BEA wideband. Checked new MAF and it has the correct element for the BEA engine. So put the new one on car. Test drove and for shit and giggles replaced the n75 with one from my b6. Power is now back. So it was a combo of both the old MAF and N75. VAG tech did get back to me and he did say the N75 looks like it needed to be replaced. So I think Im good to go. Time will tell. Thanks for the help guys.