Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '01 AR 2.7T TP, '83 Mercedes 300TD, DEAD '03 Allroad yet to be resurrected

Parts Question: alternator exciter wire connector and pigtail, '01 Allroad 2.7T

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    As stated; does anyone have the ability to look that up directly? 2-pin connector, but only one side is used.

I used to sell VW parts, so I've found ETKA online and hunted, but wiring parts are a little different unless you are using ETKA directly.

OR, does anyone have suggestions on how to find this out on my own?

Thanks for your help

Veteran Member Four Rings PaperToast's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Quadzilla

when in doubt, call the parts dept.
    Rockin' the Rockies
    '01 allroad, 247k woot woot, still boosting on original turbos and tippy, slightly more modified. . .

Scotty@Advanced, "Push it off a cliff, when it hits the ground you should have a few thousand horsepower available for a brief second."

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage

Speaking of doubt.... Last girl I spoke to at an Audi dealer couldn't/wouldn't get me a part number without a VIN... The trust for the local dealer is NOT there.

Veteran Member Four Rings PaperToast's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Quadzilla

that blows
    tell you what, give emich vw a call, and ask for carl (hopefully he's still there)
    in the past, was my go to guy for all things vag
    Rockin' the Rockies
    '01 allroad, 247k woot woot, still boosting on original turbos and tippy, slightly more modified. . .

Scotty@Advanced, "Push it off a cliff, when it hits the ground you should have a few thousand horsepower available for a brief second."

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

4D0971992 connector

000979141E double ended repair wire.

Confirmed connector in parts link, actually took me more time to find it in my spare harness sitting on the floor than it did in parts link, didn't even need a vin.. why do parts departs suck so bad at this stuff?
    80 rabbit pickup, 98 TJ 4bt cummins, 00 180TTQ 6spd, 02 Freelander, 03 Allroad 2.7t 6spd swap now with K04s, 06 A3 2.0T w/GT3071R (2012 JSW TDI and 2015 GSW TDI now in TDI purgatory )

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage

Awesome, Chris; thank you! I will order that this eve.

To your last question; I think in part it is unfamiliarity, and part of it is sadly, training. I sell parts at O'Reallys, and quite often I have to rely on the VIN because I sell Everything to Everyone; you can see the pitfalls that could come from that, especially when relying on catalogs that are from vendors (and less than trustworthy)... When I sold VW parts, I remembered the problem areas, and I loved my job, and the product I sold, sooooo.... I think it was in Many ways, easier then than now... Pity I don't make that money any more... And my job is Harder.