Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings texadelphia's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2008 A4 Avant 2.0T Tiptronic

Mouse in my air box

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Right after I bought my car a few months ago I replaced my air filter and found a whole bunch of cherry pits in my air box. The snow screen wasn't installed correctly so I assumed some critter was able to crawl in through the cowl and was using my airbox as cold storage at the car's previous address and didn't think much of it after cleaning it out. Then last week I was driving home and a mouse randomly started running across my windshield along the rain tray. I hard braked and was able to get the little guy to fly off the front of the hood and he ran off into the woods. So today I checked the airbox and there was a little nest of bits of insulation, thread, and lichens. I'm not sure how he got in as the snow screen was in place and in tact. I noticed theres another opening into the airbox from the fender but I don't know where that goes. I'm wondering if I can put some hardware cloth over that hole or something. Anyone else had problems with mice in their airbox and been successful in keeping them out? I'm hoping that the one I expelled last week was a stowaway from wherever the car was before I bought it, but I live in the woods and am afraid this is going to be a recurring issue.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

chances are the critter came from your neck of the woods.

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Hope the little ******s have not made their way into the car. I was having a ton of electrical issues around the trunk area, EVAP codes etc. Replaced the CCM, EVAP pump, eventually after exhausting everything I could think of I removed the carpet.

Found the damn vermin had made a nest under the driver's seat area and chewed through about a dozen wires that drop down by the rear seat.

Established Member Two Rings texadelphia's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2008 A4 Avant 2.0T Tiptronic

Quote Originally Posted by naiku View Post
    Hope the little ******s have not made their way into the car. I was having a ton of electrical issues around the trunk area, EVAP codes etc. Replaced the CCM, EVAP pump, eventually after exhausting everything I could think of I removed the carpet.

Found the damn vermin had made a nest under the driver's seat area and chewed through about a dozen wires that drop down by the rear seat.
    God, I hope not. I'm having enough trouble just getting the thing to run right. The last thing I need is mouse damage.

Sent from my moto x4 using Audizine mobile app