Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Thread: APR stage 1

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

APR stage 1

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I have a 2012 A7 with 80k miles. I am thinking about getting the stage 1 APR tune. I am wanting to know the pros and cons. Is the tune worth the money and did it cause other issues with your car. Thanks.

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Anytime you add more power typically you'll experience accelerated wear. However, with stage one it's going to be negligible. You'll wish you had done it sooner if you wait. Stage 1 is the single best mod you can do, esp with APR.
    C7 A6 3.0T, APR Stage 2+, P3U TCU tune, 3.56PR, Tampa Motorsports Porter Blower, 75mm Porsche 997 911 TB and some other goodies.

0-60mph 3.10 seconds
    0-100mph 7.19 seconds
    1/4 mile 11.10 @124.43mph

Senior Member Three Rings seandon_792's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Honestly it wonít impact much of anything but I always say maintenance before mods. I bought my 2010 S4 with 72k miles and I immediately changed the pcv, thermostat and water pump as preventative maintenance. From there I proceeded to mod away.

Iíve been stage 1 for almost 30k Miles and all Iíve done outside of oil changes was new spark plugs and the car hasnít skipped a beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Three Rings 2wookies's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Stage 1 for 55k miles, no issues.

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

My B8 S4 went Stage 1 ECU & TCU at 75k miles. Never had any issues and I loved everything about the tunes.
    2018 Daytona Gray S6 | S Sport | Black Optic | Carbon Atlas |

2011 Phantom Black S4 | S-Tronic | P+ | Nav | Sports Differential | Titanium Package | Silk Nappa | SOLD

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Thanks for the replies. Will the APR tune void any warranty or recall fixes that the dealer would perform. The carbon buildup cleaning in the exhaust ports is something that I may have done due to the bank 1 code that recently came on.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine