Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fuel issue

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by EvolutionArmory View Post
    Jay, this is the data we need to see if you still have a fuel problem with your new fuel pump.

This is a high pressure fuel log. See how the ECU asks for 130 bar at WOT to redline and gets it the whole time within a bar? This is a good high pressure fuel log in graph form.

This is a good low pressure log. My K04 tune asks for 4.5 bar through the entire pull and makes 4.5 bar til 5k and then drops down to 3.8 at redline. This is decent performance for a stock fuel pump and RS4 controller. I might benefit from a bigger fuel pump and aftermarket controller or I might not. Iím well above 3 bar at redline so Iím not super concerned about it. My fuel system is what I would consider healthy.

During this pull, duty cycle never went over 65% so I could be limited by the constraints the RS4 controller. If it would allow me to hit say 80% duty cycle, I may have been able to maintain the 4.5 bar my tune is asking for.

In order to see if your fuel system is performing as designed, we would need to see logs like these to tell you for sure.
    Also I didn't say I still had a fuel problem. I was basically asking if my low pressure should be higher than 4.5bar at idle. Which I see its not. Haven't had any of the codes come back, and seems fine. Was just curious where everything should be. And what exactly I should log, to make sure. Thanx again.

Sent from my VS995 using Audizine mobile app

AZ Member #

Yeah, log 003, 230 and 231. Youíll see RPM from 003 and 230 and 231 will give you requested and actual high and low pressure. Youíll also see LP duty cycle.
    K, Ty. Ill check tbis week. Ty, everyone for all the info. More than I can process at one shot, lol.

Established Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

I donít think you have an issue either. It was that other guy who thought you might. 😀

Drive it a while and see if it comes back or do some more logging and know for sure. Thatís up to you bud.

Just make sure when you do log that you put your foot to the floor. If you have to cut it short, that will have to do but the readings wonít be very reliable unless the gas pedal is mashed. 😀
    2005.5 A4 Avant: JHM K04R, GIAC K04 tune, RS4 PRV, RS4 fuel pump controller, Treadstone TR6 intercooler core with JHM pipe kit, CTS Turbo test pipe, ECS Tuning snub mount, 034 street tranny mount, 034 street motor mounts, ECS Tuning turbo inlet pipe, ECS Tuning RA4 clutch conversion, Billy Boat Stealth cat back, Fluidampr

AZ Member #

I donít think you have an issue either. It was that other guy who thought you might.

Drive it a while and see if it comes back or do some more logging and know for sure. Thatís up to you bud.

Just make sure when you do log that you put your foot to the floor. If you have to cut it short, that will have to do but the readings wonít be very reliable unless the gas pedal is mashed.
    Sorry for the mix up. Ill mash it, just don't wanna rev to 7k. Thanx again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12