Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Unhappy Windshield washer fluid hose route (Avant)?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    So a bad day with the Audi

Was troubleshooting my failed stereo and found the issue soon enough: the connector to the amp was corroded inside, and it had fluid on it
    The fluid smelled like fresh apples So I removed some panels and sure enough there is washer fluid leaking inside the rear of the car.

I now need to remove all panels from the back and trace to the front to find out where the washer fluid line is damaged.

Does anybody know its routing?
    Audi A4 TSq build thread.

Established Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

When my hatch got smashed up by a tree this summer the line got cut at the right side hatch hinge. It goes from the wiper motor, to the right side hinge on the body, through to the left side and is routed to the front somehow.

If youíre getting fluid on your factory amp you probably wonít have to trace the hose much further than the right door hinge. When my washer hose got broken I just stuck a piece of rubber hose between the break. Both sides of the washer hose fit in snug and it doesnít leak anymore.
    2005.5 A4 Avant: JHM K04R, GIAC K04 tune, RS4 PRV, RS4 fuel pump controller, Treadstone TR6 intercooler core with JHM pipe kit, CTS Turbo test pipe, ECS Tuning snub mount, 034 street tranny mount, 034 street motor mounts, ECS Tuning turbo inlet pipe, ECS Tuning RA4 clutch conversion, Billy Boat Stealth cat back, Fluidampr

AZ Member #

There's a bunch of fluid in the headlining as well. I am thinking I will need to remove the whole ceiling and right hand side panels.

AZ Member #

When it leaks it can travel all through the headliner and the sides of the hatch body.

Think about it like this, the hatch opened and closed how many times in the last 11-14 years? If thereís a break in the line, itís most likely closest to the hinge. Take off the hinge trim on the right side and youíll see a wiring loom. The hose is in the loom. Cut it open and youíll see the washer hose.
    2005.5 A4 Avant: JHM K04R, GIAC K04 tune, RS4 PRV, RS4 fuel pump controller, Treadstone TR6 intercooler core with JHM pipe kit, CTS Turbo test pipe, ECS Tuning snub mount, 034 street tranny mount, 034 street motor mounts, ECS Tuning turbo inlet pipe, ECS Tuning RA4 clutch conversion, Billy Boat Stealth cat back, Fluidampr

AZ Member #

The hose goes through the body, not under the headliner. You can remove all that trim if you want but you wonít see a hose there. 😀

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by EvolutionArmory View Post
    When it leaks it can travel all through the headliner and the sides of the hatch body.

Think about it like this, the hatch opened and closed how many times in the last 11-14 years? If thereís a break in the line, itís most likely closest to the hinge. Take off the hinge trim on the right side and youíll see a wiring loom. The hose is in the loom. Cut it open and youíll see the washer hose.
    The think is have no fluid in the hatch and near the hinge it looks fine. Thinking its further in, but yeah, I'll leave the headliner on (provided I can dry it out).