Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings KM1.8T's Avatar
    AZ Member #

CVT fluid change

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Has anyone done their own CVT fluid change on their B8.5? Use OEM fluid only? Looked but did not find many threads on this for later model A4s. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Audizine

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Have a A4 B8.5 from 2012 (Europe) and changed it last year.
    Used castrol 75w90 and and i feel a big difference after changing the oil when shifting.
    (Manual transmission)

Senior Member Four Rings 19birel's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '13 A4 Prem+, '00 VW Golf GLS

We used to have a 2012 B8 CVT (the transmission is still the same) and when we had our local indy shop do it, they said that OEM fluid is the best for the CVTs. We had it changed 2 or 3 times while we owned the car and it made the car noticeably smoother each time.

As for the actual process of changing the fluid I can't provide any personal insight.
    "Emmaline" Monsoon Grey Metallic/Titanium Grey 2013 Audi A4 Prem+ 2.0T Quattro 6MT w/Sport Pkg BUILD THREAD
    OEM S-Line front end conversion | Forge DV spacer | ADS enabled + other VCDS tweaks | Morimoto XB

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

I went to the Audi stealer and i asked what oil i could use and their answer was that the transmission oil is lifetime and i didnt had to change it.
    Was that day a little badass and bought some Castrol 75w90 oil and changed my trans oil,and like u said yourself it made my car a way smoother:)

Veteran Member Three Rings audrobotic's Avatar
    AZ Member #

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...n-Fluid-Change

Iím sure there are other threads around also. I think Febi and Pentosin are mfgs of the Audi CVT branded fluid. Disregard the comments about Castrol and Manual Transmissions. Check out FCP Euro.

https://www.fcpeuro.com/Audi-parts/A...13&m=20&e=2054
    Current: 2013 A4 | Past: 2010 A4
    TFSI Longitudinal EA888

Established Member Two Rings KM1.8T's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Service manual does indicate that CVT fluid does need to be replaced at 35K for a 2014. I have reviewed the above treads earlier, thanks. Think I will go with the OEM fluid as the price difference is not worth the risk, car only has 34K now and I plan on keeping for a while.