Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

A4 B8 2009 Model Steering - Servtronic + Failure + link to interior lights.

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    HI, has anyone got any experience or the wiring diagram for a 2009 USA A4 Avant Quattro Wagon.
    The issue is the power steering has stopped working and the interior light fuse keeps blowing, I read on another thread about the link between the interior light fuse (ours keeps blowing when you put in a new fuse) and power steering failure.

I have read older threads about the relay but I for the life of me can't find a relay and my research points me to the next down stream device is the Active Steering Control Black Box, I can't find this but suspect it's on the RH Side behind the glove box.

Any knowledge ?

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Wiring Diagram

PM'd

AZ Member #

Thanks. Appreciate it.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

That is the B8, I use it for my 09 avant.

AZ Member #

So in case anyone else has this issue or similar issues. The cause ended up being the Control Module Part Number 8ko 907 063 d.
    Water had seeped into it, either from the hose from the sun roof, it was shrunk at the top and water got outside the hose and seeped down the b pillar, or I have yet to investigate the other option, it could have come via the fuse box in the fire wall of the engine bay below the washer water tank.
    The latter is on the right front side under the black cover, I think this is most likley but look at both.

The Control Module in this car is up in the dash on the outside (LH) of the steering column.

When I pulled it out, the water was dripping out. Have ordered a second hand one off e-bay. I hope to not have to code it ???

AZ Member #

Here is a link to the photos and short videos. https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6e6y5iyjmhyp2FdA

- - - Updated - - -

Burnt out.

AZ Member #

PS and it's not Servtronic, or Adaptive steering on this one, manuals are confusing, it's plain old power steering with one torque control valve on the entire power steering rack.