Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Thread: Lazy eye

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Lazy eye

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Upon start up earlier this evening, my left headlight did its usual sweep down, but then ‘looked’ left, then up, then down, then left.. and rinsed and repeated numerous times! It finally ‘focused’ and stopped the cycle, but what caused it to do this..?

Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks
    A

Veteran Member Four Rings Dr GP's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Lexus RX 350

Aliens?

Veteran Member Four Rings jygesq's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1986 Honda CH 150 D scooter bought new

Quote Originally Posted by Dr GP View Post
    Aliens?
    how do you like your infinity SUV?
    2015 S4, P+, Florett Silver,black /silver nappa leather, S-tronic ,sport diff,B&O ,tech package ,supercharged badges. All season tires ,cargo net, factory dip stick

AZ Member #

Aliens?
    I would rather that be true than an electrical gremlin.

Veteran Member Four Rings blackfunk's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Allan691 View Post
    Upon start up earlier this evening, my left headlight did its usual sweep down, but then ‘looked’ left, then up, then down, then left.. and rinsed and repeated numerous times! It finally ‘focused’ and stopped the cycle, but what caused it to do this..?

Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks
    A
    This is CRAZY. I had THE EXACT same thing happen to me last Sunday. Spent all day today trying to find a solution. Thus far I'm thinking its the headlight sensor which located on the left front hub. If you find a solution post up, if I do I will.
    Life has taught me never try to make something idiot proof, they'll simply come up with a better idiot.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by blackfunk View Post
    This is CRAZY. I had THE EXACT same thing happen to me last Sunday. Spent all day today trying to find a solution. Thus far I'm thinking its the headlight sensor which located on the left front hub. If you find a solution post up, if I do I will.
    Good to know I am not alone.. Your possible culprit certainly seems plausible. I won’t look unless it rears its ugly head again.. And even then, I’ll probably go to the dealer since I am really weak at solving electrical issues. If it does and if I go, or if I happen to solve it on my own, I’ll certainly post/update!

I have another electrical gremlin lurking.. My rear door locks occassionally lock, and unlock.. lock.. and unlock while driving (well above the minimum speed for initial lockdown).. 🧐

Oh well.. GO PATS!!!!!!!!!

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Lexus RX 350

Quote Originally Posted by jygesq View Post
    how do you like your infinity SUV?
    Its not bad but not an Audi. It feels more like a car than a SUV. Definite lack of storage compartments Graphics on the dash could be improved. Unfortunately the Bridgestone / tires are shit in the snow.They are not the good Potenza A/s variety. Cant wait for them to wear out. Performance is actually decent 3.7 V6 with 325 Hp .Actually similar engine as in the 370 z 0-60 in 5.5 sec which is not bad for a crossover, uses the 370z chassis as well. FYI, I leased a new 2017 model which is completely different from the 2019 That is now selling.With CVT trans and and untested new designed variable compression ratio 268 hp 4 cylinder engine, I would not want one of those. Didn't want an Audi with the 2.0 t engine which is now the only available engine in the Q5 unless you get the SQ5. car has sequential shifting AT but no paddle shifter ,but i dont like paddle shifters . So I will drive it for another 28 months and then look for something else. Only paying $369/mo which includes 9% PA lease tax. In my case I was looking for something with decent performance and a low monthly payment. It fits that bill.

AZ Member #

Its not bad but not an Audi. It feels more like a car than a SUV. Definite lack of storage compartments Graphics on the dash could be improved. Unfortunately the Bridgestone / tires are shit in the snow.They are not the good Potenza A/s variety. Cant wait for them to wear out. Performance is actually decent 3.7 V6 with 325 Hp .Actually similar engine as in the 370 z 0-60 in 5.5 sec which is not bad for a crossover, uses the 370z chassis as well. FYI, I leased a new 2017 model which is completely different from the 2019 That is now selling.With CVT trans and and untested new designed variable compression ratio 268 hp 4 cylinder engine, I would not want one of those. Didn't want an Audi with the 2.0 t engine which is now the only available engine in the Q5 unless you get the SQ5. car has sequential shifting AT but no paddle shifter ,but i dont like paddle shifters . So I will drive it for another 28 months and then look for something else. Only paying $369/mo which includes 9% PA lease tax. In my case I was looking for something with decent performance and a low monthly payment. It fits that bill.
    QX? I had a 2014.. My 2009 FX was better. The QX turned what was a bulldog into an overweight SUV.. The FX was more of a fun ‘car’ and much more planted.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Lexus RX 350

2017 QX50. One of the good things about it is that I rarely see another on the road. I believe Infiniti may have only sold about 2000 total units in 2017. Definitely not overweight or as big as a QX 70 or FX 35.Much smaller then my wife's Lexus Rx350. It feels like I am driving a car, not an SUV. I did decide to remove the headrests from the rear seats.They blocked quite a bit of rear view vision.I rarely have rear passengers other than an occasional dog.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Allan691 View Post
    QX? I had a 2014.. My 2009 FX was better. The QX turned what was a bulldog into an overweight SUV.. The FX was more of a fun ‘car’ and much more planted.
    To follow up tho, the sequential shifting was quite good. No DSG, but still enjoyable. And the engine was nice. It just had too much weight to pull around and the dimensions had just gotten too big for any real performance to be found in twisties.

And yes, I had a good [lease] deal too and it was luxurious and stately...and just different enough.

I also really liked the center dash analog clock. Miss that the most.

AZ Member #

Ah. I had the 70. So not really comparable.. The engine is probably much better suited for the 50!

AZ Member #

The FX35 was a great car! I continue to believe that the Audi Q5 should have been the FX... just with the 3.0TFSI.

AZ Member #

To retake my own thread the lazy eye reared its ugly head again after work tonight.. I shall have to solve it I guess..