Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Senior Member Two Rings disrepos's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Allroad and A6 Heater Core change out.... EASIEST Heater core change EVER!

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Since I swapped out my heater core last month, I just wanted to make this post for future searches when people are dreading doing a heater core. It's easy as any work on an Audi could ever be expected. Grab a towel, pop the driver side lower kick panel off, remove the heater core cover and the brake switch (manual transmission). Pop off the two hose clamps and slide that bad boy outta there. Be sure to get the towel in there to catch the coolant.

After going through all last winter without heat because I was dreading doing the heater core, I feel both elated to have a heater this year, and completely stupid for postponing it so long due to the expectation of a long and tedious job.
    Decisions, decisions... To rebuild the currently installed allroad o1e, or rebuild my spare A6/S4 o1e and find an A6 rear diff? Transmission doesn't have many miles left on it's 1-2 syncro.

Veteran Member Four Rings PaperToast's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Quadzilla

did mine back in november, only part that hung me up were the stupid clamps
    spent more time fighting those than the drain/disassembly/reassembly
    Rockin' the Rockies
    '01 allroad, 247k woot woot, still boosting on original turbos and tippy, slightly more modified. . .

Scotty@Advanced, "Push it off a cliff, when it hits the ground you should have a few thousand horsepower available for a brief second."

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    08 A4 Avant, 05 Silver S4 2.7t swap

Quote Originally Posted by PaperToast View Post
    did mine back in november, only part that hung me up were the stupid clamps
    spent more time fighting those than the drain/disassembly/reassembly
    Agreed. Those clamps sucked. Definitely not the “sell your car” approach when it happens like with the B5 and other VAG models though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk