Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Veteran Member Four Rings rhfosu's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Well that's the end of my f*cking A4.

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Leaving work, some dumb bitch pulled out in front of me and totaled my A4. I had finally solved all the issues. Spent almost $20k with mods and repairs and upgrades. I am sure it will be totaled. I am sure Geico will give me about $5k fot it. I am sure I feel sick to my fucking stomach.

"I don't understand Audi enthusiasts. They buy a car that looks like a bar of soap, then they spend money modifying it so it looks slightly less like a bar of soap."

AZ Member #

Damn that sucks. At least youíre ok tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by mr_Law View Post
    Damn that sucks. At least youíre ok tho

I don't feel so ok. I feel like I just lost $15k and a lot of my time.
    "I don't understand Audi enthusiasts. They buy a car that looks like a bar of soap, then they spend money modifying it so it looks slightly less like a bar of soap."

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by rhfosu View Post
    I don't feel so ok. I feel like I just lost $15k and a lot of my time.
    Yeah I know that feeling. I had a project car totaled by some asshole trying to beat a red light. Every time I pass where it happened the feeling comes right back.

You may get some money back if you keep the car and part out tho.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by mr_Law View Post
    Yeah I know that feeling. I had a project car totaled by some asshole trying to beat a red light. Every time I pass where it happened the feeling comes right back.

You may get some money back if you keep the car and part out tho.

Yeah. I'll see what the adjustor says. Gotta wait till Monday I'd guess. Problem with parting out is I don't have a garage or a place to keep anything.

Veteran Member Four Rings Audibot's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Dude that sucks!! Been in the same boat, with the same feeling. Hopefully your adjuster does what mine did and gave me credit for packages I didn't have. Gave me a bit more cash back.
    2016 A6 TDI Prestige - S-Line, Black Optics, Driver Assistance, HUD, LED Headlights, Cold Weather, Warm Weather
    2003 allroad 6MT - STUKLR Stage 1, Hotchkis sway bars, RS4 engine mounts, Apikol rear diff mounts

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Audibot View Post
    Dude that sucks!! Been in the same boat, with the same feeling. Hopefully your adjuster does what mine did and gave me credit for packages I didn't have. Gave me a bit more cash back.
    What was your buy back?

Veteran Member Four Rings dalmation53's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi A4 B7

Wow i'm so sorry for Your loss man. Same thing happen to my last b7 i was at a red light stopped and a 17 year old girl smashed the fuck out of my 2 doors and bent the frame. It was totaled. Been there and i wish i had the chance to slap the fock outta her on the spot. All you can do now is be very mad and be mad. Nothing will make you happy for atleast a couple months. Sad way to start the year

Sent from my Vivo One Plus using Audizine mobile app
    Ivan

Established Member Three Rings A4 Quattro Joe's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0. 2009 GMC Acadia. 2014 VW Passat

Yeah. I'll see what the adjustor says. Gotta wait till Monday I'd guess. Problem with parting out is I don't have a garage or a place to keep anything.
    Get a storage locker usually 1 month free buys you 2 months to part ways...My friend did this when he needed extra funds was like $200.00 but he made like 3k in parts so was worth the $200 or so dollars..Might not be a whole lot but it gives you something extra...I'd make a parts post now see whose interested might be worth a look post??

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

IANAL but if she was at fault (and hopefully ticketed) then you have a pretty good chance to recoup all of your loss if you can document everything you spent on upgrades. Also, I'm assuming that you're carrying collision coverage, which makes the two carriers talk to each other to get you a settlement as quick as possible. Talk to your adjuster and give him whatever documentation you have on what you put into your vehicle. Don't settle for the first offer. It's just that, an offer and they're hoping you need the quick nickel over the slow dime.
    07 A4 Avant 2.0T (my grey mare)
    04 A4 Quattro 1.8T (son's car, the one that brought me back to the rings)

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by A4 Quattro Joe View Post
    Get a storage locker usually 1 month free buys you 2 months to part ways...My friend did this when he needed extra funds was like $200.00 but he made like 3k in parts so was worth the $200 or so dollars..Might not be a whole lot but it gives you something extra...I'd make a parts post now see whose interested might be worth a look post??

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    That's a good idea. Thanks man. I'll consider that. Right now I have to wait for the adjuster (Monday) to tell me what's up. If they total it, and the buy back is reasonable, I will definitely consider parting it out. I wish they would have towed it to my house. Accident was blocking the road, tho, so the cops had it towed and did not give me any other options.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by ksw_92 View Post
    IANAL but if she was at fault (and hopefully ticketed) then you have a pretty good chance to recoup all of your loss if you can document everything you spent on upgrades. Also, I'm assuming that you're carrying collision coverage, which makes the two carriers talk to each other to get you a settlement as quick as possible. Talk to your adjuster and give him whatever documentation you have on what you put into your vehicle. Don't settle for the first offer. It's just that, an offer and they're hoping you need the quick nickel over the slow dime.
    Well, we have the same carrier (Geico)...but yeah, she was at fault and cited. Geico already called me to waive my deductible. My fear is Geico will try to keep costs low since they are paying for everything, however.

Senior Member Four Rings b7_Andy's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I wouldíve got out and shot her

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by b7_Andy View Post
    She had a car full of crying and terrified kids. They were being pretty dramatic. Plus lots of good Samaritans ran out to help them. Nobody gave a shit about me, obviously. I don't even blame her...she was waved out by the guy next to me. She trusted him and he fucked us both.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Audizine mobile app

Senior Member Four Rings b7_Andy's Avatar
    AZ Member #

She had a car full of crying and terrified kids. They were being pretty dramatic. Plus lots of good Samaritans ran out to help them. Nobody gave a shit about me, obviously. I don't even blame her...she was waved out by the guy next to me. She trusted him and he fucked us both.

Ah shit I hate when people do that. I only wave people on if I look in my mirror and see if thereís no one in the other lane. Sorry for ya brother

AZ Member #

Ah shit I hate when people do that. I only wave people on if I look in my mirror and see if thereís no one in the other lane. Sorry for ya brother
    Appreciate it man...

Established Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

The wifey hates it when people try to yield their right of way to me. I wonít take it. Iíll sit there forever before I let someone elseís stupidity wreck my car.

If anyone reading this is in the habit of yielding the right of way ďto be niceĒ, donít. If you have the right of way, take it. Donít give it to someone else. You being nice could get someone killed and there are right of way rules for a reason.

That really sucks that this happened to you man.
    2005.5 A4 Avant: JHM K04R, GIAC K04 tune, RS4 PRV, RS4 fuel pump controller, Treadstone TR6 intercooler core with JHM pipe kit, CTS Turbo test pipe, ECS Tuning snub mount, 034 street tranny mount, 034 street motor mounts, ECS Tuning turbo inlet pipe, ECS Tuning RA4 clutch conversion, Billy Boat Stealth cat back, Fluidampr

Veteran Member Four Rings mcpcartier's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    08 xB, 13 Ex, 16 Civic EX

well that sucks.....when I first read the thread title I assumed you found another water leak....not this. good luck with insurance.
    2007 2.0T Q 6MT, S-Line, Ti Package, BB
    Revo Stage 2 | JHM Stage 1 Clutch | K&N Drop in | APR HPFP | 034 HFC | AWE Catback | 034 SD Tranny & Motor Mounts | Neuspeed Snub | H&R Sport Springs | Bilsteins | Moog ACA | B5 Perches (removed) | RS4 RSB | ABT Drilled n Slotted Rotors | Redstuff Front & Akebono Rear | Podi Stepper Boost Gauge | Recaro's | H&R Spacers 15f/20r | Clear Corners w/Blackout | Smoked Frt Markers | Cupra R Lip | 20% Tint

Veteran Member Four Rings Audibot's Avatar
    AZ Member #

What was your buy back?
    I think it was something like $950 or so
    2016 A6 TDI Prestige - S-Line, Black Optics, Driver Assistance, HUD, LED Headlights, Cold Weather, Warm Weather
    2003 allroad 6MT - STUKLR Stage 1, Hotchkis sway bars, RS4 engine mounts, Apikol rear diff mounts

Senior Member Two Rings Older_not_Wiser's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by EvolutionArmory View Post
    The wifey hates it when people try to yield their right of way to me. I wonít take it. Iíll sit there forever before I let someone elseís stupidity wreck my car.

If anyone reading this is in the habit of yielding the right of way ďto be niceĒ, donít. If you have the right of way, take it. Donít give it to someone else. You being nice could get someone killed and there are right of way rules for a reason.

This x2

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2 CJ-7s. 1 restored, one in pieces.

I feel for you.
    The only way I could top this was my young daughter was driving the car that was cut off and totaled.

Scares the shit out of you when its your child.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Sucks man, I lost my first car a few months back. Got rear ended on a stop light. I know the feeling, but you'll be okay. Hopefully no one was hurt.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Audizine mobile app

Senior Member Four Rings tloft4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

yeah that really sucks, hope you can recoup some but might be tough... and even bothering to get a lawyer would eat it all in seconds

i drive all day so i try be courteous (small town, single lanes) but one day at a 4 way stop, there was one car at one 90 deg to my left, one pulls up after, one across from me while a truck goes through. i let each first car go, as im turning right and they are both going straight. the car that arrived LAST decided she could just go while im waiting my turn. she got within a few feet of me and i wish i had more time to address her (and not get fired)

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

not to mention they gonna increase your insuarance policy and low ball you on the blue book value

Established Member Two Rings TheKeyStone's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Damn man sorry to hear sheís gone I know Iíve bought or sold parts to you and itís sad knowing she might be gone. Best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Senior Member Three Rings esandes's Avatar
    AZ Member #

LOL

Established Member Two Rings theguysinger's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Man thatís a bummer, sorry to hear it. Currently waiting to find out if my car is totaled and itís a sickening feeling.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I would do a buy back as well and fix the front clip, as long as the frame horns are not bent.

Established Member Two Rings griga's Avatar
    AZ Member #

hope everything works as best it can

Silver 2008 A4 2.0T - Debadged | Cupra R Lip | 034 SD Motor Mounts | 034 Snub | 034 CC | Stock Airbox Mod | Peeler Reps |
    IG: @rigadesigns

Veteran Member Four Rings DownhillA4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

So sorry to hear! I think the same thing after spending a year rebuilding my B7 and knowing that all the hours and money spent could be taken in a blink of an eye. Yikes. Hope all is okay!
    IG: @I_like_your_box
    @downhill_a4

"If you are a true automotive enthusiast whom loves their car,
    you learn to catch rides to parties and leave your car at home."- dougyfresh

Veteran Member Four Rings Nor_Cal_Driver's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Needs a lift

Iíve been there. I lost a car I spent 5 years building due to a woman DUI that rear ended me. I bought it back and parted it out. Frustrating to say the least. Life sucks sometimes. Make the best out of your shitty situation.

Sorry.

06 A4 TQM APR tune, 14 Mk6

Gone:
    01 A4 TQMS
    01 S4 Sedan MTM tune
    01 S4 Avant APR tune
    02 A4 3.0 Sport
    99 A6 Avant, w/3rd row
    01 A4 Celebration Edition, GIAC tune

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Sorry to hear that bro. So many stupid people out there! If you decide to part out and have hfc's, let me know!

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Puch moped

Quote Originally Posted by macantley View Post
    I would do a buy back as well and fix the front clip, as long as the frame horns are not bent.
    If you do buy it back, negotiate not to have salvage title.

Veteran Member Four Rings vce1232000's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    83 MK1 GTI Callaway Turbo stg II

APR KO4, APR HPFP,RS4 LPFP Cntr,145 bar PRV, APR TP, TT DP, GFB DV+, AWE FMIC, BFI CC, AWE Exhaust, RS4 Exh tips, ST CO, 034 RSB,034 St Dnsty Mtr Mts, New Sth West Bst guage, B7 RS4 8 pot Calipers.Stop Tech slotted rotors.Goodridge SS brake lines frt & rr. Hawk HPS frt & rr. RS4 PS rack, RS4 Servotronic Relay,RS4 rims. S4 mirror caps,DTM frt bmpr and rs4 fogs,LED tail lites
    S4 Recaro Front & Rear seats. Led Interior Kit,United LED's fog lites
    2007 A4 Avant 2.0T Tiptronic 6spd

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Puch moped

Also check your policy for additional equipment coverage... for future reference, you can insure your upgrades under the additional equipment coverage.

Veteran Member Four Rings A4_PimP's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Sorry to see this Iíve thought about this before when planning to do mods. I think about putting in all the work and then it being in an accident and totalled. I know it sucks but like someone said at least you are OK. It might not seem like much but just think about if you got hurt and had to miss months of work or other worst cases. So Iím happy youíre OK and can post about it.

I do feel your pain my dad had a 1st gen RX7 that he worked on for years. It had Nitrous and a ton of other modifications. My dad went for a drive one weekend and got T-Boned. The car was totalled. My dad bought it out but when it got to the house he put it in the garage under a cover and it is still there today. Every time he looks at it you can see his face fall.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    08 A4 2L MT, 87 Jag XJ6, Lex RX350, ~20 Road Bikes, Piper Aztec, Grumman AA1

I've seen this twice where some idiotic 'do-gooder' waved someone else into oncoming traffic resulting is a serious accident.

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    08 A4 2L MT, 87 Jag XJ6, Lex RX350, ~20 Road Bikes, Piper Aztec, Grumman AA1

Right on EA!

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Brillo View Post
    I've seen this twice where some idiotic 'do-gooder' waved someone else into oncoming traffic resulting is a serious accident.
    The cop on scene told me he sees it all the time, and has seen 2 ppl die bc of it. He said he wished he could ticket the guy who waved her out, but there's no law against it. Ultimately, the driver who hit me was responsible for not yeilding to my right of way. Given that she was making a blind left turn, she should have nosed out and been more cautious, at a minimum.

Senior Member Two Rings studiobmx's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1.8T Vanagon, KTM530, CB550

I feel for ya man, sucks for sure. Iím sure you hate to hear it, but at least youíre ok. That IS the most important thing. I was hit by a car (on my bike) last thanksgiving and am still not back to work. Cars can be rebuilt, b7ís arenít super rare and you already have loads of aftermarket parts. Get an avant!
    Seriously though, good luck.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast