Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Veteran Member Three Rings elijahallen's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    (sold)2011 B8 S4, (sold)2014 Audi Q5 TDI

Anyone have Autotech HPFP failure?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hey guys, I haven't been on the S4 forum since I sold the S4 but am now driving an SQ5 and doing the same things to it mod wise (mods in sig). Everything has been going well but during some logging today I noticed power loss above 6K rpm, logs showed actual FP at 85K and requested at 125K through most gears above 4K. My logs from before were showing 135K actual when requested was 125K, my autotech piston has only been in for 5K miles. Ironically in my S4 the first one I put in was bad so they sent me a new one and I never had an issue. Are these really that unreliable? It just seems like way to much money for a 50/50 failure rate or am I missing something else it might be. My SQ5 is a 16 with 42K miles. Thanks for any input.
    2016 SQ5 giac dual pulley E85 blend race file and pump street file, Ported blower, Stage II supercharger pulley. 75mm TB, 187mm crank pulley, APR Heat exchanger, Autotech HPFP, RedStar test pipes, HP tuned TCU, CTS intake to modded stock airbox, 034 RSB and end links

Veteran Member Four Rings Audibot's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I ran autotech internals on my B7 hpfp for several years and 70k miles without issues. Definitely reliable for me.

Only fueling issues I ran into were due to the fuel filter clogging up and my lpfp could not provide the required fuel to the hpfp--pressures were supposed to be near 6 bar at idle and be in the high 4s at WOT; I'd see 5ish at idle and <4 bar at WOT, and would always throw a code.
    2016 A6 TDI Prestige - S-Line, Black Optics, Driver Assistance, HUD, LED Headlights, Cold Weather, Warm Weather
    2003 allroad 6MT - STUKLR Stage 1, Hotchkis sway bars, RS4 engine mounts, Apikol rear diff mounts

Senior Member Three Rings Rodizzle's Avatar
    AZ Member #

From my experience when we have few cuts from the low-pressure pump in the rear yoke usually see dibs on high-pressure pump. Itís just an idea getting thrown out there maybe it wouldnít hurt to log both low pressure and high-pressure fuel pump at the same time along with its cycle duty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 S4 IE E40 Stage 2+ & TCU 11.32@119.98

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rodizzle View Post
    From my experience when we have few cuts from the low-pressure pump in the rear yoke usually see dibs on high-pressure pump. Itís just an idea getting thrown out there maybe it wouldnít hurt to log both low pressure and high-pressure fuel pump at the same time along with its cycle duty

I logged the LPFP too, I'm still getting used to reading and understanding what is normal with these logs but I didn't see anything that stood out with the lpfp.
    2016 SQ5 giac dual pulley E85 blend race file and pump street file, Ported blower, Stage II supercharger pulley. 75mm TB, 187mm crank pulley, APR Heat exchanger, Autotech HPFP, RedStar test pipes, HP tuned TCU, CTS intake to modded stock airbox, 034 RSB and end links

AZ Member #

Wonder if your low side ran out of steam. Or bucket went dry

That being said - Iíve definitely heard of failures on auto tech. Mostly they are intirially bad from
    The jump

Sent from my
    2018 SQ5 - Daytona, Prestige - JB4 on E85, Airmatic Lowering Links & 15mm Spacers on 21s

*Sold*2011 S4 - EPL Dual Pulley + TCU - 20" BBS LM - Bilstein B12 - APR RSC Exhaust
    Deval CF Diffuser - Maxton Splitter - USP Intake - MercRacing HE - CR15 -AutoTech HPFP

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JD S4 View Post
    Wonder if your low side ran out of steam. Or bucket went dry

That being said - Iíve definitely heard of failures on auto tech. Mostly they are intirially bad from
    The jump

Sent from my
    I'm not sure how to see that in logs but I'm doubting it just because my logs from a few weeks ago were so different at the rail and the low side hasn't changed.

Senior Member Three Rings Rodizzle's Avatar
    AZ Member #

You would see ur LPFP dip all the sudden from i.e 5-6Bars to high 2Bars . Itís very noticeable on the logs .

2014 S4 IE E40 Stage 2+ & TCU 11.32@119.98

Established Member Three Rings PeteRock's Avatar
    AZ Member #

As others mentioned itís more likely an issue with your LPFP...

Are you running any Ethanol?

Pete

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PeteRock View Post
    As others mentioned itís more likely an issue with your LPFP...

Are you running any Ethanol?

Pete
    Yea, I run a E40 blend. Can I email someone my logs to see what they think? I can't figure out how to link them here.

Thanks

Established Member Three Rings PeteRock's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by elijahallen View Post
    Yea, I run a E40 blend. Can I email someone my logs to see what they think? I can't figure out how to link them here.

Thanks
    Could be a clogged filter or some gunk in your injectors.....have you used any fuel treatment?

You should do this fairly regularly when running Ethanol.....this product is great.....

Star Tron Enzyme Fuel Treatment -... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00D3IEIY0...p_mob_ap_share

Pete

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PeteRock View Post
    Could be a clogged filter or some gunk in your injectors.....have you used any fuel treatment?

You should do this fairly regularly when running Ethanol.....this product is great.....

Star Tron Enzyme Fuel Treatment -... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00D3IEIY0...p_mob_ap_share

Pete
    Thanks, I'll give it a shot. The car only has 42K miles on it and was stock up until 7K miles ago so I assumed it would still be fine considering how long I used ethanol in my S4 with no issues.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Update, today I filled up with straight 93oct and logged on the street tune file instead of the race file and had same results so I am still leaning toward this being a bad Autotech pump again or maybe a clogged fuel filter but that seems unlikely at my mileage and small amount of E85 use.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by elijahallen View Post
    Update, today I filled up with straight 93oct and logged on the street tune file instead of the race file and had same results so I am still leaning toward this being a bad Autotech pump again or maybe a clogged fuel filter but that seems unlikely at my mileage and small amount of E85 use.
    Yep. Thatís suspicious. The street file wouldnít request enough fuel to empty your bucket and unlikely enough to over see your LPFP.

Sent from my
    2018 SQ5 - Daytona, Prestige - JB4 on E85, Airmatic Lowering Links & 15mm Spacers on 21s

*Sold*2011 S4 - EPL Dual Pulley + TCU - 20" BBS LM - Bilstein B12 - APR RSC Exhaust
    Deval CF Diffuser - Maxton Splitter - USP Intake - MercRacing HE - CR15 -AutoTech HPFP