Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Passenger side Headlamp Assembly Removal on 2015 Q5 Xenon

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Can somebody tell me if I need to remove the bumper cover to remove the passenger headlamp assembly? I need to replace the DRL ballast.

Senior Member Three Rings soul strong's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I was able to replace both headlight bulbs without removing bumper. You remove one bolt and loosen the other and the headlight should slide a few inches to allow you to get your hand inside enough to replace the bulb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Thanks, I need to replace the DRL ballast module which is harder to get to vs the bulb.

Active Member One Ring hobbesVT's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by mmaseda View Post
    Thanks, I need to replace the DRL ballast module which is harder to get to vs the bulb.
    I recently had to clean my headlamp lens (milky build up dust on inside) in my 2013 Q5 and there was no way other than to remove the entire bumper to get the headlamp out.
    Changing the bulb only works as described above, with the three screws and sliding the unit slightly out.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

There was someone here (can't recall exact thread) that removed the headlight without completely removing the bumper due to the area they were working in, I think they loosened the fender bolt in the front and loosened the bumper on the one side. Pulling the bumper is not hard, it's just a bunch of fasteners and the clips and it comes right off. Certainly helps to have an extra pair of hands, especially when putting the bumper back on.