Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Senior Member Two Rings czsrock1990's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2001.5 Stg3 B5 S4, 2001 B5 S4

01 B5 S4 - Parking lights stuck on battery drain - no crank

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hello all!

Reaching out to the experts here as what I have searched already doesnít really seem to be the issue that I am seeing. I currently have my 01 B5 S4 giving me problems. When I have the battery connected to the car, the parking lights turn on even with the light switch in the off position in the cab. Further more I was also noticing some central locking pump issues before this started happening, the car wouldnít respond at all to my fob and using manual lock it only locked the driver side door.

Now the real problem is that when I reconnect the battery (disconnected because lights stay on) the car wonít crank at all. I was reading some thing about possibly the alarm not allowing the car to start when engaged and was wondering if that would be my issue.

What I have deduced so far is tht this is a combination of the central locking pump going bad probably with a short. Let me know what you guys think!!!

PS: I donít have a VAG-COM to read the codes. I think my brother has a cheap eBay cable that I can use to read the codes but when I tried to reprogram an ABS before it didnít work.

Thanks
    Evan
    Last edited by czsrock1990; 01-11-2019 at 09:57 AM.

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

b5 s4 has a intrusion alarm but no starter imobilizer
    at least all ( US b5 s4 )
    no crank is a seperate issue .
    battery weak / dead .
    suspect bad alarm module .
    or bad light switch .

Senior Member Two Rings czsrock1990's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2001.5 Stg3 B5 S4, 2001 B5 S4

Thank you kindly. Yeah probably going to replace the battery and the alarm module. Thanks for the info on the crank issue I wasnít sure if there was an immobilized on these cars
    Pearl White Stage 3 B5 S4
    Brilliant Black B5 S4
    2004 Dodge Ram Cummins (Sold)
    Silver B6 S4 - Milltek catback, VMR 708's, (Sold)