Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Thread: A4 replacement

Active Member Two Rings DJGONEWILD's Avatar
    AZ Member #

A4 replacement

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Iíve been reading a few pages and some people put 4inch or 5.25inch but Iím not sure which to choose and Iím not sure the depth the stock speakers are. My cars a 01 A4 b5 non Bose system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veteran Member Four Rings coolgraymemo's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by DJGONEWILD View Post
    Iíve been reading a few pages and some people put 4inch or 5.25inch but Iím not sure which to choose and Iím not sure the depth the stock speakers are. My cars a 01 A4 b5 non Bose system

Thanks for the info!

I think the average size is somewhere around 5"
    Santorin/Ebony '00 S4 6MT | K04/K16, Stasis LSD/4:1, Bilstein PSS9, Stoptech, SSR Comps, & more
    '01 S4 Avant 6MT | '00 1.8t Avant | '93 RS2'd S4 | '99.5 1.8t | '01 1.8t | '95.5 S6 Avant

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by coolgraymemo View Post
    Thanks for the info!

I think the average size is somewhere around 5"
    Thank you, wat speakers did you use

Veteran Member Four Rings xdewaynex's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    98.5 A4 1.8TQM

Assuming youre talking about front door speakers, 5.25" speakers will work in the front doors with adapters. https://www.amazon.com/Audi-Front-Sp.../dp/B00YXN8KLG Im running some JL Audio C2 5.25 components.
    1998.5 A4 1.8TQM

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by xdewaynex View Post
    Assuming youre talking about front door speakers, 5.25" speakers will work in the front doors with adapters. https://www.amazon.com/Audi-Front-Sp.../dp/B00YXN8KLG Im running some JL Audio C2 5.25 components.
    Dude thank you I was looking for an adapter on eBay couldnít find one

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

no need to be rude to someone just asking for opinions, Yes its been covered, why be a troll here when someone genuinely is asking for tips or where to start. I have asked too even after googling for HOURS. like its depressing how quickly someone gets triggered over a post on SPEAKERS. he/she was asking for opinions. its not required to reply. Just so you know if you didn't know that.

just ignore them DJGONEWILD, As for your question, I went with some Kicker speakers for my replacements, Pretty good sound and comparable to my Bose surround system in my 08 A6, just with some EQ tuning and a few extra Tweeters and an 12 inch sub in the back, It makes the speakers sound close to the newer models, But you need to do some extra sound deadening in the doors while u are in there to get the Thump of the bose system since the sound proofing is lacking in older models

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Wooshy View Post
    no need to be rude to someone just asking for opinions, Yes its been covered, why be a troll here when someone genuinely is asking for tips or where to start. I have asked too even after googling for HOURS. like its depressing how quickly someone gets triggered over a post on SPEAKERS. he/she was asking for opinions. its not required to reply. Just so you know if you didn't know that.

just ignore them DJGONEWILD, As for your question, I went with some Kicker speakers for my replacements, Pretty good sound and comparable to my Bose surround system in my 08 A6, just with some EQ tuning and a few extra Tweeters and an 12 inch sub in the back, It makes the speakers sound close to the newer models, But you need to do some extra sound deadening in the doors while u are in there to get the Thump of the bose system since the sound proofing is lacking in older models
    Thank you for understanding why I made this thread, I was only asking for opinions, but there were some very helpful replies, and for your kickers were they 4inch or 5.25inch

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

5.25 in the bose space, They had a set of 4 about a year ago i got and they just popped in and even had a connector close enough to the OEM that it was plug and play

AZ Member #

5.25 in the bose space, They had a set of 4 about a year ago i got and they just popped in and even had a connector close enough to the OEM that it was plug and play
    Any chance you could tell the exact speakers

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

i believe they are the D-series 5.25's i don't remember right off what the model number was.. but those are close
    https://www.amazon.com/Kicker-41DSC5...65939139&psc=1

AZ Member #

i believe they are the D-series 5.25's i don't remember right off what the model number was.. but those are close
    https://www.amazon.com/Kicker-41DSC5...65939139&psc=1
    Awesome thx man

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

but u might want a 12" sub in there, because without it they are kinda tin can sounding, atleast for me lol

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Update after doing some research, *4" drop in, you can fit 5.25 but you need to trim the door and use a different adapter to bolt the speaker to the door* my cars front speakers look to have been cut on at one point, i do not remember doing this myself, and know that my speakers just popped into the door, some of the speaker housings depending on what originally was in the car were between 4 and 5.25.

AZ Member #

So I completely replaced my headunit and I got the metra adapter to make it easier anyways I did everything, soldered everything and everything works including the rears but I get a little static when everything turns on canít figure out why