Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Long continuous beep from cluster NO KEY INSERTED

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    This is my first post on AZ. I've had my B5 A4 1.8tqm (2000) for 2 years now with problems here and there that I've fixed thanks to AZ. I've looked everywhere and no one seems to share this problem, NO KEY in the ignition car is completely off, but it will give me a continuous beep from the cluster as if the lights were on and the door was open. It beeps at random times when the car is completely off with no key no lights, literally nothing on. It's beeped like this 2 times while the car was running but stops after about 45 seconds. There doesn't seem to be any cause for the beeping but it's driving me crazy and, I fear that the beeping is going to drain the battery. If anyone knows why this might be happening please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Registered Member Four Rings Turbo_B5's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    abunch of useless shit

Long continuous beep from cluster NO KEY INSERTED

I have an issue where the cluster buzzer will stay on after I get going in my 01. To stop it I have to open and reclose the door and continue driving. Then also when I turn it off sometimes have to cycle the headlight switch. That car had its cluster warrantied in 2012 so I hope it wasn’t a bad replacement unit. Then in my 01 beater it had an issue where the remote starter wouldn’t go into active mode where I had to cycle the door to fix. I assume both are caused by worn out door latch switches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    EH F0UR 2001 A4 1.8TqM
    = K04 | SOUTHBEND | STERN | FORGE | TREADSTONE
    = ST | MEYLEHD | FCPEURO | 034 | AWE | AKMOTORSPORT | JHM
    = HERTZ | JVC | ALPINE
    2001 A4 1.8TqM
    2002 Golf TDI
    = VNT-17 | 11mm IP | DLC1019 | COLTCAM2 | SOUTHBEND
    = RL Ultimo |
    1997 A4 1.8TqM SPORT
    @Turbo_B5

Veteran Member Four Rings walky_talky20's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Yes. I second. Check the door latch switch status in VCDS Measuring Blocks. Probably check in the Cluster and Central Locking.
    ^Don't listen to this guy, he's not even a mechanic.
    2001 Laser Red A4 1.8TQM, 5-Speed Swapped, 4.11 Final Drive, APR 93, R8 coil packs, Labree HFC & DP, 2.5" Exhaust, ST Coilovers, 034 RSB, A8 Brakes Front & Rear, 18" RS4 Reps
    2006 Passion Red Volvo V50 T5 AWD 6MT
    "You need to know what you are doing...Its like a rainbow jungle in there." - Redline380

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

I suspected my door sensors/switches , but the car gives me the long continuous beep when the car shouldn't have any power. That's kind of thrown my suspicion in a different direction. I'll check the doors later today. Thanks for the response!

Established Member Three Rings Blazius's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Door switches or short circuit in cluster
    2000 B5 A4 Avant FWD Manual - S Line - Sport package

N/A ARG bottom end, AEB Head | Planning t3/t4 turbo conversion soonTM - https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...rbo-Conversion