Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Registered Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Turbo swapped A3/S3

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Many turbo upgraded members in this forum? Iíve been running the IHX475 for a while.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I'm gonna be putting on my eqt turbo along with mpi pretty soon..

AZ Member #

Iím on 28psi/93 right now. Installing a 4 bar and getting a racegas tune either this weekend or next. Was going to go MPI, but with just Sheetz FlexFuel blend Iíd likely have to order it by the drum.

Veteran Member Four Rings 613B6's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Yes lots of turbo swapped people here but most hang out on the mk7 board like you guys

A3 8V | 10.99@129 | GTX2867R | Eurodyne
    IG: 613B6

Senior Member Three Rings jiannu's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I have been collecting like a squirrel.....
    Boss 600 v2
    Mpi with 850cc
    Fuel lines
    Stage 3.5 walboro 525 hellcat pump

Should be getting it installed in the next month or 2. Still need a map 4 sensor and possibly upgrading the low pump in the engine bay...

Eurodyne tuning.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Pdisguise View Post
    Iím on 28psi/93 right now. Installing a 4 bar and getting a racegas tune either this weekend or next. Was going to go MPI, but with just Sheetz FlexFuel blend Iíd likely have to order it by the drum.
    So you are not planning on running mpi?

AZ Member #

Not as of now, on this turbo. Iíll see how it does on 100 octane first.

AZ Member #

Not as of now, on this turbo. Iíll see how it does on 100 octane first.
    I'm pretty sure u r maxed out cause of fuel. If you add mpi along with a 4 bar then you can truly max out your turbo

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by jiannu View Post
    I'm pretty sure u r maxed out cause of fuel. If you add mpi along with a 4 bar then you can truly max out your turbo

Thats incorrect, race gas will give him more head room, not less like ethanol based.

AZ Member #

Yeah, fuel output wonít be a lot different than it is now, just 100 octane vs whatever my pump 93 really is. E just requires a lot more fuel.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Yeah 100 flows all day unlike ethanol it's just so expensive. That's why I just said screw it go big or go home and gonna get 450 lpfp with mpi so I can do a 93 file and a full e85 tune as well which is a little cheaper than 93.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by gvazquez View Post
    Yeah 100 flows all day unlike ethanol it's just so expensive. That's why I just said screw it go big or go home and gonna get 450 lpfp with mpi so I can do a 93 file and a full e85 tune as well which is a little cheaper than 93.
    what will that run you? I too want to make the switch to e85. I've done up to 3 gallons e85 to 9.5 gallons of 93 on a UM tune and i could really "feel" the difference. I've been wanting to convert to e85 ever since.

AZ Member #

Looks like I found a local supplier for MS109, thatís 105. I really just want the tune for the 1/4 this year. On my Dragy and 93 my best valid 1/8 is 7.4@95 so Iím happy with its DD power. Really needing some better tires though. Eurodyne Stage 3 LC and some times it will spin so bad it makes the DSG short shift from 1st-2nd.

If I decide to get a bigger turbo after I see what this one will do, then I will get a full fuel system and probably just buy VP E by the drum.

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

I have been collecting like a squirrel.....
    Boss 600 v2
    Mpi with 850cc
    Fuel lines
    Stage 3.5 walboro 525 hellcat pump

Should be getting it installed in the next month or 2. Still need a map 4 sensor and possibly upgrading the low pump in the engine bay...

Eurodyne tuning.

Are you using the CTS kit? And a controller for the 525 kit?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by mroberte View Post
    Are you using the CTS kit? And a controller for the 525 kit?

Yes it's the cts boss600 v2 kit. No controller. I will use Maestro ... it's not installed yet...next month or so..

AZ Member #

Yes it's the cts boss600 v2 kit. No controller. I will use Maestro ... it's not installed yet...next month or so..

Just bought the 450lph kit. Kept going back and forth from the smaller 950cc or PR 1300cc kit. What whp goal are you trying to get to?

AZ Member #

Bought my IHX475 when it was new on the market, wish I could go back and waited to get an IMS kit. Ha

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by rbish56 View Post
    what will that run you? I too want to make the switch to e85. I've done up to 3 gallons e85 to 9.5 gallons of 93 on a UM tune and i could really "feel" the difference. I've been wanting to convert to e85 ever since.
    I'm going with the cts mpi kit and their pump which is a 450 I believe the injectors are 950cc but altogether it should cost $950 while on sale.

AZ Member #

Just bought the 450lph kit. Kept going back and forth from the smaller 950cc or PR 1300cc kit. What whp goal are you trying to get to?

I'm not planning on building my motor. I figured the 900cc injectors should be fine. I hope to hit 500whp

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I'm not planning on building my motor. I figured the 900cc injectors should be fine. I hope to hit 500whp

I'm sure you'll hit that. Just keep the torque down like everyone else says and you'll be fine on stock motor.. hopefully lol

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by gvazquez View Post
    I'm going with the cts mpi kit and their pump which is a 450 I believe the injectors are 950cc but altogether it should cost $950 while on sale.
    I don't know anyone running the CTS kit and have been wondering about the injectors. Supposedly the Precision Raceworks kit have altered the injectors to have the oem spray pattern while the normal Bosch don't.l #shrug. Some say that it will cause issues, but I have not verified and don't know anyone running to confirm or deny.

The CTS kit is almost $400 cheap which is quite a difference.

AZ Member #

Looks like I found a local supplier for MS109, thatís 105. I really just want the tune for the 1/4 this year. On my Dragy and 93 my best valid 1/8 is 7.4@95 so Iím happy with its DD power. Really needing some better tires though. Eurodyne Stage 3 LC and some times it will spin so bad it makes the DSG short shift from 1st-2nd.

If I decide to get a bigger turbo after I see what this one will do, then I will get a full fuel system and probably just buy VP E by the drum.
    Lower the LC, on my 10.9 pass I was down to 3700 rpm LC, anything higher would result in roasting all 4 and going sideways at the 60 ft. And launch the car in manual mode, it wont allow for the short shift till it sees redline. Ive done this with my mk5 dsg, b8S4 dsg and now my A3, works way better than D and S.

AZ Member #

Iíll try lower if I experience it again. (Also think there is a Stage 3 LC revision that recently came out I need to update to) Though it was in manual mode. Talked to Eurodyne initially about it. Know it was due to spinning because my car would let me launch in manual with the traction control on and it would rev all the way up to around 7k with it on.

Tires are Federal SS595, itís time to replace them. Though I donít have enough power to trap 129, when they were newer traction was amazing launching at 5k, thinking about going with the 595 RS-RRís.

AZ Member #

Iíll try lower if I experience it again. (Also think there is a Stage 3 LC revision that recently came out I need to update to) Though it was in manual mode. Talked to Eurodyne initially about it. Know it was due to spinning because my car would let me launch in manual with the traction control on and it would rev all the way up to around 7k with it on.

Tires are Federal SS595, itís time to replace them. Though I donít have enough power to trap 129, when they were newer traction was amazing launching at 5k, thinking about going with the 595 RS-RRís.
    How are the federal tires? Looking for tires to replace the OEM pirellis.

AZ Member #

I like them, cheap and sticky. Hooked good enough to pull a 1.76 60í on the street. (Dragy)

AZ Member #

That file was development on my A3, it should launch in manual mode fine with traction off.

AZ Member #

On just the reg SS595.

https://www.tires-easy.com/245-40-18...irecode/14DL8A

And it looks like Walmartís website has them for $92 shipped a tire. Just canít beat them for price IMO.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by 613B6 View Post
    That file was development on my A3, it should launch in manual mode fine with traction off.
    Iíll upload the vid on YouTube in a bit and post the link so you can see what it was doing.

AZ Member #

Found a vid. Havenít used LC in a while, though last time I used it it did rev out to 7k. This vid is with the trans shifting on its own. Shifted out of 1st at 6k.

https://youtu.be/4795s1knSDU

AZ Member #

On just the reg SS595.

https://www.tires-easy.com/245-40-18...irecode/14DL8A

And it looks like Walmartís website has them for $92 shipped a tire. Just canít beat them for price IMO.
    Hows the performance? Road noise?

AZ Member #

Found a vid. Havenít used LC in a while, though last time I used it it did rev out to 7k. This vid is with the trans shifting on its own. Shifted out of 1st at 6k.

https://youtu.be/4795s1knSDU
    Sorry I miss understood you, yes this has been fixed. There ended up being a different rev limit when LC is used that reduced the limit in 1st gear like in the vid. It has since been updated on the DSG files.

AZ Member #

They preformed good, really good traction. No road noises that I really noticed. Would recommend them, pretty sure Iím going to go with the RS-RR version of them next.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by 613B6 View Post
    Sorry I miss understood you, yes this has been fixed. There ended up being a different rev limit when LC is used that reduced the limit in 1st gear like in the vid. It has since been updated on the DSG files.
    I really donít know what was up with it. Just chalked it as spinning as when it did shift to 2nd the mph would drop back down. Somethimes it would shift out of 1st at 6k, sometimes 6.5. Though if I punched it already rolling in first it would rev it out to redline. Stage 2 was doing the same for me then.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I don't know anyone running the CTS kit and have been wondering about the injectors. Supposedly the Precision Raceworks kit have altered the injectors to have the oem spray pattern while the normal Bosch don't.l #shrug. Some say that it will cause issues, but I have not verified and don't know anyone running to confirm or deny.

The CTS kit is almost $400 cheap which is quite a difference.

I havent heard of that yet and have been told that they're worth getting from other people. I wonder someone can confirm the different spray patterns between injectors and see if it makes a difference. 613b6 got any opinions on this?