Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Senior Member Three Rings Fourpoint282's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Pedal box and thrown belt

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Has anyone ever installed a pedal box and experienced thrown belts. I have the JHM6 rib pulley kit on my B6 S4. I installed a pedal box and within 100 miles shredded the belt. My first inclination was the pulley and/or belt was not installed correctly. I reinstalled a new belt. After multiple visual inspections the belt and pulley setup seemed fine. I remove the pedal box and magically no more thrown belts in 500 miles (thatís mostly aggressive miles too). Iíve not seen anybody else have this issue, so Iím reluctant to think itís the pedal box, but I canít draw any other conclusion. I do miss the pedal box as it gave the car a little more pep.

Is it possible the pedal box could have caused more load on the belt, thus creating more strain of friction?

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Senior Member Three Rings MugelloB7RS4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Whats a pedal box?

Senior Member Three Rings Fourpoint282's Avatar
    AZ Member #

In summary - an electronic way to adjust throttle response.

https://www.chiptuning.com/us/pedalb...iAAEgLhhPD_BwE

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Senior Member Three Rings MugelloB7RS4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

ahh gotcha. I'm with you, it seems like it would be odd that it would cause the belt to shred. I have heard of people having issues with throwing belts with those kits. Not sure what the root cause is though. I know the shop I worked at had issues with the same set up on an RS4. Similar outcomes. Not sure what is was. I'm guessing a straight edge might help you see if everything is lined up properly, or even a lazer level. A small amount of variation can make the difference.