Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    S4 25 Quattro #15

S4 Starting Issues

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    The other day I got in my S4 to drive it for the first time in a couple weeks. When I first started the car it started up fine, took it down the road roughly 3 miles to grab some dinner. When I got back in the car about an hour and a half later it would not start. It turned over and cranked but would not fire up. With being so close to the house we got an uber back I grabbed some tools and my scanner to start my process of elimination on what the issue could be while I waited for a tow back to my home. Got back in the car to pop the hood and thought I would give it another shot before I started digging into what could be going on and surprisingly enought it started right up with no hesitation. Once again I got in it today to see if it would start and no issues. I was wondering if anyone has had this issue and found a remedy for it? I know that the celluloid in the starter on theses cars tends to go out.

Thanks in advance for any help
    #15 of 250 "25 Quattro" B7 S4 l JHM Tune l JHM Downpipes l FI 2.5" Exhaust l Stern Motor Mounts l Stern Adjustable Uppers l 034 Denisty Line Control Arms l H-Sport RS-4 Front and Rear Sway Bars l 19x9 Modulare M6's l Stasis Tracksport Coilovers l Stasis Alcon 14.5" POT BBK (Sitting in Garage)

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

My b6 was doing something similar a few months back. The only difference was my car wouldn’t fire up when it was warm. Happened to be the crank sensor

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Veteran Member Three Rings badger.'s Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '05 S4 Sedan | '05 S4 Avant | '01 Lexus IS300

Did you pull any codes?

My first bet would be crank position sensor as well.
    '05 S4 Sedan Arctic White: JHM Intake Spacers | JHM ATF Cooler | JHM Auto-tensioner | 034 Motor Mounts | Apikol Snub | Slotted & Dimpled Rotors | AQ1200D w/Dual 10" CVRs | 35% Tint | Piggies | Fast Intentions Catback
    '05 S4 Avant Brilliant Red: JHM Tune | JHM v1 Headers | JHM LWCP | JHM Ported IM| JHM ATF Cooler | Koni Yellows | Apikol Rear Diff & Snub | Thor Skid Plate | JHM LW Rotors | Fast Intentions Catback