Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 41 to 56 of 56
  1. #41
    Senior Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Mar 28 2016
    AZ Member #
    370916
    Location
    NY

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by AudiS4SD View Post
    I saw the earlier post for the sequential mirror purchase link. However, where are you guys getting the front sequential blinker that goes in the headlight housing (or did I misunderstand something)?

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Audizine mobile app
    You misunderstood. I was just talking about upgrading the front to LED, which it is not from factory.

  2. #42
    Veteran Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    May 31 2014
    AZ Member #
    245327
    Location
    Nevada

    Quote Originally Posted by hilmar2k View Post
    You misunderstood. I was just talking about upgrading the front to LED, which it is not from factory.
    Gotcha!

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Audizine mobile app
    2014 S4 | Glacier White | Premium + | DSG | 034 Drivetrain Mounts | ECS Slotted Rotors/StopTech Pads | IE Intake |

  3. #43
    Active Member Two Rings btb.tyler09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 04 2018
    AZ Member #
    416606
    Location
    Michigan

    The headlight DRLs only have 2 LEDs (one for each section). It would require major modification to get sequential DRLs, and imo wouldn't look oem. I have seen one example on YouTube, but it wasn't a great video. I would like to try and make them turn amber for turn signals and remove the stock signal lights. Has anyone seen something like that? I have seen RGB DRLs available at b8drivers, but i don't like that very much either and it's very expensive if you don't plan to use the RGB functionality. My ultimate goal would be amber DRLs and dynamic taillights. I have ordered a set of these turn signals and i probably won't install them until i get the taillights working because i agree it's better to have a complete set.

    Sent from my LM-G710 using Audizine mobile app

  4. #44
    Veteran Member Four Rings Solarsuplex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 20 2011
    AZ Member #
    80065
    Location
    Seattle Wa

    Quote Originally Posted by btb.tyler09 View Post
    The headlight DRLs only have 2 LEDs (one for each section). It would require major modification to get sequential DRLs, and imo wouldn't look oem. I have seen one example on YouTube, but it wasn't a great video. I would like to try and make them turn amber for turn signals and remove the stock signal lights. Has anyone seen something like that? I have seen RGB DRLs available at b8drivers, but i don't like that very much either and it's very expensive if you don't plan to use the RGB functionality. My ultimate goal would be amber DRLs and dynamic taillights. I have ordered a set of these turn signals and i probably won't install them until i get the taillights working because i agree it's better to have a complete set.

    Sent from my LM-G710 using Audizine mobile app
    In terms of functionality i would assume its just replacing the LED that points into the end of the DRL beam with an amber one of equal brightness. Then just rig up the input from the turn signal to the LED you put in the DRL. Shit you could probably relocate the DRL original light to the oe turn signal spot and have some "backwards" headlights. Would look pretty cool imo
    -James
    F T W L T B D W I C T W
    Instagram - jamesdrichey
    Moonlight Blue - B8.5 S4
    Brilliant Black - B7 A4

  5. #45
    Active Member Two Rings btb.tyler09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 04 2018
    AZ Member #
    416606
    Location
    Michigan

    Quote Originally Posted by Solarsuplex View Post
    In terms of functionality i would assume its just replacing the LED that points into the end of the DRL beam with an amber one of equal brightness. Then just rig up the input from the turn signal to the LED you put in the DRL. Shit you could probably relocate the DRL original light to the oe turn signal spot and have some "backwards" headlights. Would look pretty cool imo
    Yeah thats kinda my thought about using the wire from the turn signals with an amber led. But I'd like them to be white too then switch to ambe for turning. I've seen than on other cars, in particular a Volvo sedan the other day. I also found some two color LEDs that may work. I just need to find a cheap set of headlights to test it on. Don't want to do it to mine while it's my daily.

    Sent from my LM-G710 using Audizine mobile app

  6. #46
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Dec 28 2005
    AZ Member #
    9433
    Location
    NY/NJ

    Quote Originally Posted by btb.tyler09 View Post
    The headlight DRLs only have 2 LEDs (one for each section). It would require major modification to get sequential DRLs, and imo wouldn't look oem. I have seen one example on YouTube, but it wasn't a great video. I would like to try and make them turn amber for turn signals and remove the stock signal lights. Has anyone seen something like that? I have seen RGB DRLs available at b8drivers, but i don't like that very much either and it's very expensive if you don't plan to use the RGB functionality. My ultimate goal would be amber DRLs and dynamic taillights. I have ordered a set of these turn signals and i probably won't install them until i get the taillights working because i agree it's better to have a complete set.

    Sent from my LM-G710 using Audizine mobile app
    probably $$$ custom job.. but looks bad ass



    https://www.drive2.ru/o/SDIdesign

    - - - Updated - - -
    Current: 2016 Audi S5

    Past: 2014 BMW 435xi, 2006 Audi S4 DTM, 2003 BMW M3

  7. #47
    Established Member Three Rings Envy187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 13 2018
    AZ Member #
    413967
    Location
    Canada

    Dynamic Mirror Turn Signals

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyokio View Post
    probably $$$ custom job.. but looks bad ass



    https://www.drive2.ru/o/SDIdesign

    - - - Updated - - -
    That’s awesome and all...but all that customization and no sequential side view mirrors? The hell? LMFAO!


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  8. #48
    Veteran Member Four Rings Solarsuplex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 20 2011
    AZ Member #
    80065
    Location
    Seattle Wa

    Quote Originally Posted by btb.tyler09 View Post
    Yeah thats kinda my thought about using the wire from the turn signals with an amber led. But I'd like them to be white too then switch to ambe for turning. I've seen than on other cars, in particular a Volvo sedan the other day. I also found some two color LEDs that may work. I just need to find a cheap set of headlights to test it on. Don't want to do it to mine while it's my daily.

    Sent from my LM-G710 using Audizine mobile app
    I feel like i always see broken sets for sale online. You just need one for that has the lense smashed or whatever. Really cool idea and i'd love to see the outcome + effort put in to make it work.
    -James
    F T W L T B D W I C T W
    Instagram - jamesdrichey
    Moonlight Blue - B8.5 S4
    Brilliant Black - B7 A4

  9. #49
    Senior Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Mar 28 2016
    AZ Member #
    370916
    Location
    NY

    Quote Originally Posted by Envy187 View Post
    That’s awesome and all...but all that customization and no sequential side view mirrors? The hell? LMFAO!
    LOL, I was thinking the exact same thing. They missed some awfully low hanging fruit.

  10. #50

  11. #51
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Jan 26 2018
    AZ Member #
    413057
    Location
    Albany, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by mys4.org View Post
    I found this... possibly the same thing?

    Check out post #25

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    2014 S4 Prestige - Ibis White - 6MT

  12. #52
    Veteran Member Four Rings Solarsuplex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 20 2011
    AZ Member #
    80065
    Location
    Seattle Wa

    Quote Originally Posted by mys4.org View Post
    I found this... possibly the same thing?

    Hey you found my video! Noticed you are in Bothell. I live off Bothell-Everett and 180th. Spend most of my time in the gold creek area towards snohomish but work in Canyon Park business center.
    -James
    F T W L T B D W I C T W
    Instagram - jamesdrichey
    Moonlight Blue - B8.5 S4
    Brilliant Black - B7 A4

  13. #53
    Senior Member Three Rings mys4.org's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 18 2007
    AZ Member #
    23468
    My Garage
    2013_S4
    Location
    Bothell, WA

    Quote Originally Posted by Solarsuplex View Post
    Hey you found my video! Noticed you are in Bothell. I live off Bothell-Everett and 180th. Spend most of my time in the gold creek area towards snohomish but work in Canyon Park business center.
    Small world. I'm on the south edge of Bothell and work in Redmond. Anyway how do you like the lights?

  14. #54
    Veteran Member Four Rings Solarsuplex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 20 2011
    AZ Member #
    80065
    Location
    Seattle Wa

    About to install the second one right now. Enjoying the one so far considering all I can see of it is the little spec on the end! Haha.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -James
    F T W L T B D W I C T W
    Instagram - jamesdrichey
    Moonlight Blue - B8.5 S4
    Brilliant Black - B7 A4

  15. #55
    Veteran Member Four Rings Solarsuplex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 20 2011
    AZ Member #
    80065
    Location
    Seattle Wa

    Fully installed. Second mirror went way smoother and got it off in about 10 minutes once I got my tools and light set up.

    Process is super easy once you know where/how all the clips work. Only way to find that out is to do it...

    I wouldn’t let the difficulty stop anybody from doing this mod.

    -James
    F T W L T B D W I C T W
    Instagram - jamesdrichey
    Moonlight Blue - B8.5 S4
    Brilliant Black - B7 A4

  16. #56

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2019 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.