Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Registered Member One Ring EthanZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 06 2019
    AZ Member #
    439748
    Location
    Singapore

    Red face Which rims size is better for a new B9 A4?

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hi guys,

    I'm new to A4 and actually new to all cars as this B9 A4 is my first car in my life, which is to be delivered in two months time. It is a 2.0 TFSI with 190 hp and 320Nm torque. In Singapore, however, the A4 standard configuration comes in with only 16" wheels and according to the dealer, I got the chance to upgrade the rims to 17", 18" or even 19" before it is delivered.

    I read a lot online and tried to figure out which rim size to upgrade. What I learned so far is the bigger rim size, the better looking and handling, however, the more fuel consumption, the slower acceleration, the more tire noise, the more bumpiness you feel etc... it seems to me there are a lot more cons than pros when you upgrade your rims into a bigger size.

    Can you guys give me some advice on this and share some your practical experiences with your choices? Is it worth changing to a bigger wheel at the cost of an extra few thousand dollars? Thanks in advance.

    Ethan

  2. #2
    Veteran Member Four Rings MacFady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 10 2011
    AZ Member #
    79540
    My Garage
    330i ZHP
    Location
    Prince Edward Island

    My advice would be to ignore the dealer and order your own set of wheels in whatever size and offset you want, using this thread as a guide.

  3. #3
    Veteran Member Four Rings JBAeroEngineer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 19 2012
    AZ Member #
    100756
    Location
    Capitol Area

    Quote Originally Posted by EthanZ View Post
    Hi guys,

    I'm new to A4 and actually new to all cars as this B9 A4 is my first car in my life, which is to be delivered in two months time. It is a 2.0 TFSI with 190 hp and 320Nm torque. In Singapore, however, the A4 standard configuration comes in with only 16" wheels and according to the dealer, I got the chance to upgrade the rims to 17", 18" or even 19" before it is delivered.

    I read a lot online and tried to figure out which rim size to upgrade. What I learned so far is the bigger rim size, the better looking and handling, however, the more fuel consumption, the slower acceleration, the more tire noise, the more bumpiness you feel etc... it seems to me there are a lot more cons than pros when you upgrade your rims into a bigger size.

    Can you guys give me some advice on this and share some your practical experiences with your choices? Is it worth changing to a bigger wheel at the cost of an extra few thousand dollars? Thanks in advance.

    Ethan
    How are the roads in Singapore?
    2018 A4 | Mythos | Prestige | S

  4. #4
    Registered Member One Ring EthanZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 06 2019
    AZ Member #
    439748
    Location
    Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by MacFady View Post
    My advice would be to ignore the dealer and order your own set of wheels in whatever size and offset you want, using this thread as a guide.
    Thanks Mac. I will check out the thread.

  5. #5
    Registered Member One Ring EthanZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 06 2019
    AZ Member #
    439748
    Location
    Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by JBAeroEngineer View Post
    How are the roads in Singapore?
    Hi, the road in Singapore is quite flat and in good condition. Very few bumps. They do have some sharp turns though when you enter or exit highways. However Singapore does rain a lot. Tire performance in the wet should be my concern. Thanks.

  6. #6
    Veteran Member Four Rings JBAeroEngineer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 19 2012
    AZ Member #
    100756
    Location
    Capitol Area

    Quote Originally Posted by EthanZ View Post
    Hi, the road in Singapore is quite flat and in good condition. Very few bumps. They do have some sharp turns though when you enter or exit highways. However Singapore does rain a lot. Tire performance in the wet should be my concern. Thanks.
    18/19s will be fine. Just focus on a good tire.
    2018 A4 | Mythos | Prestige | S

  7. #7
    Registered Member One Ring EthanZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 06 2019
    AZ Member #
    439748
    Location
    Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by JBAeroEngineer View Post
    18/19s will be fine. Just focus on a good tire.
    Thanks JB.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Audizine mobile app



Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2019 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.