Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Thread: RaceChip

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

RaceChip

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Anyone have any experience with Racechip? Thinking about picking up one of their chips for the S5 SB. Don't have any experience with tuning and wanted some input. I'm open to any options as well, if there is something that is better currently out. Thanks!

Active Member Two Rings TEKNIKA's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2018 Audi RS5 | 2018 BMW M4 CP | 2017 Infiniti Q60S RS400

Quote Originally Posted by tyler99 View Post
    Anyone have any experience with Racechip? Thinking about picking up one of their chips for the S5 SB. Don't have any experience with tuning and wanted some input. I'm open to any options as well, if there is something that is better currently out. Thanks!
    May I suggest Burger Motorsports JB4? I am currently running one in my B9 RS5 and bang/buck, one of, if not the best!

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Do you run it on yours 24/7? I want something I can use daily and not have to worry about it harming the car or anything of that sort. I also can't seem to find their product for Audis for some reason on their site. BTW your car is stunning...

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '18 S5 SB // '05 MV Agusta F4-1000

Current: '18 S5 | SportBack | Prestige

Previous: S4 | Stage ++ | PLM

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Do you run it on yours 24/7? I want something I can use daily and not have to worry about it harming the car or anything of that sort. I also can't seem to find their product for Audis for some reason on their site. BTW your car is stunning...
    I do and thank you so much! The beauty of the JB4 is that it is a complete plug and play, piggy-back solution. It affords the ability for removal prior to any service at Audi if needed. Also, the JB4 allows for deleting of any codes through their app, to name just a few of its many advantages.

You beat me to it!

Veteran Member Four Rings IanCH's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Another recommendation for the JB4, love mine, best price and features on the market, custom tuning ability.
    Daily Car 2018 S5 SB - P+ - Nav - Sport - VMR801 - JB4 Map 2
    Sometimes Car 2015 Golf R - DCC - DSG - Oryx White Pearl - APR Stg II+ 93 (HT) - APR TCU - APR DP - Unitronic IC - AFe Stg2 Intake

SOLD 2011 S4 - Prestige - Dipped Royal Blue Pearl

"I'm the one person on Audizine who cares about engineering." - westwest888

Established Member Four Rings kjeeper10's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2007 Jeep Wrangler JK

Chipwerke prob the most popular.
    2015 Audi S5, Daytona Grey Pearl, B&O Sound, 6 Speed, Sport Differential, Opti-Pro Coat, Mods - Sprintbooster V3 - FTBR Garage tuned APR Stage II - APR Dual Pulley - APR CPS Cooler - Eurocode ST Shifter - USP SS Clutch Line - 034 SD Engine Mounts - 034 Trans Mount Insert - CR-15 - Open Road Tuning Adjustable-Dampened Coilovers - IE Non Res Downpipes - CTS intake - ECS Streat Shield - Winter OEM A7 19 wheels on 255 Sumi A/S tires.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by TEKNIKA View Post
    I do and thank you so much! The beauty of the JB4 is that it is a complete plug and play, piggy-back solution. It affords the ability for removal prior to any service at Audi if needed. Also, the JB4 allows for deleting of any codes through their app, to name just a few of its many advantages.

You beat me to it!
    Thank you so much, think I may go with it over race chip.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by IanCH View Post
    Another recommendation for the JB4, love mine, best price and features on the market, custom tuning ability.
    How much more power are you guys getting on average over stock? On the site it doesn't seem to give any specific numbers. Thank you all for the responses

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks!!

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Hello. I can only speak for my own personal B9 RS5's results, but from our collaborative dyno testing with Burger Motorsports, we have gained 30AWHP and 36AWTQ at peak (highest baseline vs. highest JB4 HP/TQ comparison). However, based on the curve below, our midrange gained 50AWHP/70AWTQ. I should also note that this is with a completely stock B9 RS5 on 93 octane pump gas using the JB4's standard S4 MAPs. I am still working with Burger Motorsports, to develop a more aggressive B9 RS5-specific MAP. I just had a Roc-Euro Intake, and AWE Tuning Touring Edition Exhaust Suite installed. With an E85-mix, we predict much more significant gains.

Lastly, you should check out their forum "JB4 for 2018+ B9 AUDI S4, S5, SQ5, RS4, RS5". This will give you a much more detailed perspective and discussion of the install, tuning and troubleshooting aspects of the JB4.
    LINK: https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49608

by T3KN1KA