Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Thread: LED Matrix

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

LED Matrix

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hey guys, I'm pretty settled on ordering an rs5 since my X6m lease is coming to an end. The audi matrix lights i know are euro only, but is it like the bmw where it can be coded in or is it completely different hardware. After I coded the X6M it was a light revolution. I can't understand how I drove at night before. I can't seem to find info on what kind of matrix LED the rs5 has other than the auto high beam assist.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 TTS (Girl friends)

Oh, it's hardware alright. Would love to upgrade myself, but at a minimum I think you would need new headlight modules, if it is even possible.
    2018 S5 Prestige - Glacier White / Carbon Atlas / S Sport / Drivers Assistance / B&O Sound / Fine Napa Leather /
    19" Cavo Wheels
    Mods/Fixes 360 Camera fix / EMD RS Style Grill / Ordered 034 R ARB

Senior Member Three Rings Batman0424's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2018 VW Tiguan SEL Prem

Interested in this... I am a lighting junky!

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    2018 Audi RS5: AWE Touring (awaiting shipping)
    2017 VW GTI - retired
    2015 Audi S4 - retired
    2013 Land Rover RRS - retired
    2012 BMW E92 M3 - retired

AZ Member #

Shoot....:( So much easier to just make it a software instead of manufacturing different modules and harnesses and such. So in the pics on the audi website of the headlights the matrix part looks like little slits in the inner projector is that what us headlights look like?

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Batman0424 View Post
    Interested in this... I am a lighting junky!

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    Someone here added them to their A4 Allroad. It ended up costing about $12K in total.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by yvnrg1981 View Post
    Shoot....:( So much easier to just make it a software instead of manufacturing different modules and harnesses and such. So in the pics on the audi website of the headlights the matrix part looks like little slits in the inner projector is that what us headlights look like?
    The Audi Matrix headlights are very different. They use 36 (I think) individually controlled LEDs to adjust the lighting patterns. The BMW version just uses the motors that turn the headlights when going around corners to move the beam.

AZ Member #

You are correct, but when you code the anti dazzle on it doesn't just turn corners it creates tunnels around cars ahead and then can individually turn on and off passenger and drive side high beams to no dazzle other drivers. Not as elaborate as 36 leds but the motors work really well to have high beams on all the time.

AZ Member #

Right, what I meant is that as long as you have the adaptive headlights then you have the hardware because the anti-dazzle headlights use the motors used for steering the headlights for the anti-dazzle function as opposed to Audi which uses a separate headlight setup with 36 independent LEDs.