Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Dec 31 2018
    AZ Member #
    437642
    Location
    Atlanta, GA

    Angry 10 Digit Scratch Code - Remote Lock/Unlock

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hello Everyone,

    I bought my first Audi from a dealership in Atlanta, GA (Audi North Atlanta). It is a CPO Q5 Premium Plus 2018. During the sales cycle, I was informed regarding a lot of features which involve Audi Connect and some do it (Remote Lock/Unlock). I was hoping at least I would be able to Remote Lock/Unlock my car when I bought the car. After a week, when setting up the all functionality the car has the offer, I noticed I did not have a 10 digit scratch key/code which is required to register the user in order to use Remote Lock/Unlock.

    I called the salesperson and I was informed they cannot find the 10 digit key for my car and that If I wanted one, it would cost me $200+ for it. With a lot of back and forth with the sales, eventually, with no help from the salesperson, I was told to talk to a manager. I talked to the General Manager (Hobbie Demissie) and I was told I that because it is a CPO, they don't necessarily have to provide the key. I was baffled. You demo all the features during sales with no heads up on the key not being available and expect the customer to pay for functionality you talked about to sell the car.

    To make this short, the General Manager was supposed to open a "ticket" to corporate on how to handle this situation. I have tried to contact General Manager over 7-8 times since September 2018. It's 2019 now and no callback or even an email. Not happy with my experience at Audi North Atlanta. (Owned a BMW and Lexus, they have never ignored their customer).

    Can someone confirm that the 10 digit key is $200+? Shouldn't the key be included in the purchase of the car (or at least informed it's not included) or am I overreacting?

  2. #2
    Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 24 2017
    AZ Member #
    396205
    Location
    Auburn Hills, MI

    Hello,

    Thank you for making myself and Audi of America aware of this issue with your recently purchased Q5. We apologize if this has affected your enjoyment of your Q5, I know that the features the app offers can be very important to the overall ownership experience. I would like to take a look into this matter further for you to determine if we can assist with grabbing another 10 digit code for you so that you are able to fully use the features on the app. Are you able to send over a PM with your email, VIN and any other contact information? I cannot guarantee that the full cost will be covered, but I do want to make sure we take a full look at this for you. I look forward to hearing from you.

    Thank you,
    Vincenzo F.

    Audi Social Community Manager

  3. #3
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Dec 31 2018
    AZ Member #
    437642
    Location
    Atlanta, GA

    Thanks for the prompt follow up Vincenzo! PM will be sent shortly.

  4. #4
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Apr 05 2012
    AZ Member #
    91253
    Location
    Earth

    I had this happen to me too. I ended up paying the $200 because they original owner didn't give them the scratch code. I guess that's one of the risks when buying a used car, all the accessories may not be there.

  5. #5
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Dec 31 2018
    AZ Member #
    437642
    Location
    Atlanta, GA

    I was able to get it for free from the Dealership. Shoutout to Vincenzo for the help.
    And my case, the features were part of the seller's pitch (free features like unlocking the car, etc.)

  6. #6
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Mar 31 2019
    AZ Member #
    469459
    My Garage
    2015 Mercedes GL450
    Location
    Alaska

    Quote Originally Posted by DBoyATL View Post
    I was able to get it for free from the Dealership. Shoutout to Vincenzo for the help.
    And my case, the features were part of the seller's pitch (free features like unlocking the car, etc.)
    Do you know if this is applicable to the previous generation Q5?

    We just bought a 2016, but didn't receive any sort of code, either.

    Thanks,
    Kevin

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Audizine mobile app

  7. #7
    Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 24 2017
    AZ Member #
    396205
    Location
    Auburn Hills, MI

    Quote Originally Posted by au_k9 View Post
    Do you know if this is applicable to the previous generation Q5?

    We just bought a 2016, but didn't receive any sort of code, either.

    Thanks,
    Kevin

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Audizine mobile app
    This type of functionality was first introduced on the 2017 A4 & Q7 models. Subsequently it has been added to 2018+ Q5, S4, A5/S5/RS5/Allroad and 2019 A6/A7/A8/Q8. If you scroll down on this link: https://www.audiusa.com/technology/i...e/audi-connect and look under "Service Packages" it will also give you an idea of which cars have which functionality. It can be a little confusing because the myAudi app doesn't do a terrific job at clearly showing the difference. No 2016 or earlier models have the Key User functionality though. Let me know if you have other questions.

    Thank you,
    Vincenzo F.

    Audi Social Community Manager

  8. #8
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Mar 31 2019
    AZ Member #
    469459
    My Garage
    2015 Mercedes GL450
    Location
    Alaska

    Quote Originally Posted by Audi USA View Post
    This type of functionality was first introduced on the 2017 A4 & Q7 models. Subsequently it has been added to 2018+ Q5, S4, A5/S5/RS5/Allroad and 2019 A6/A7/A8/Q8. If you scroll down on this link: https://www.audiusa.com/technology/i...e/audi-connect and look under "Service Packages" it will also give you an idea of which cars have which functionality. It can be a little confusing because the myAudi app doesn't do a terrific job at clearly showing the difference. No 2016 or earlier models have the Key User functionality though. Let me know if you have other questions.

    Thank you,
    "Older vehicles have select models equipped with Audi connect. Please ask your dealer."

    I guess I'll ask my dealer the next time I'm there.

    We bought the car from a non-Audi dealer, so we didn't get the full delivery experience.

    Cheers,
    Kevin

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Audizine mobile app

  9. #9
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 27 2019
    AZ Member #
    458007
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA

    Quote Originally Posted by au_k9 View Post
    "Older vehicles have select models equipped with Audi connect. Please ask your dealer."

    I guess I'll ask my dealer the next time I'm there.

    We bought the car from a non-Audi dealer, so we didn't get the full delivery experience.

    Cheers,
    Kevin

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Audizine mobile app
    Were you able to get anywhere? I also bought mine from a non-Audi dealer (VW) and I don't have the 10-digit code.



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2019 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.