Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Senior Member Three Rings Frenetic's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '17 Audi S7

C8 S6/S7 V6 Confirmed

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Saw this thread on another forum and within it someone posted a picture from the C8 A7 userís manual.

Now if you remember, the C7 A7/S7 shared the same userís manual so of course there are references to the S7 within the new C8ís manual and low and behold, it clearly states 2.9L 6-cylinder. Someone shared a picture of the reference.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s7-...stion-2958548/

So there you have it, the next S will have a V6. No need for a grand reveal when itís clearly stated in black and white in the userís manual, lol.

So, what should I be getting next takes a hard turn.
    2017 S7 | Glacier White Metallic

Established Member Two Rings doc-haz's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '14 Corvette Stingray Z51 7spd, 2017 Mercedes GLE 63S AMG

Negotiating on an incoming E63 wagon with a local dealer. Massive bath on the Audi but thatís expected. I have to say I cannot come to terms with the touch screen everything in their new interface. Audi and Porsche are both doing it along with Land Rover. Mercedes still has buttons. And a V8.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '17 Audi S7

Yeah I had every intention of buying the new S7, but not anymore. When I leased my current car, I knew a new model was coming, so I tried to time the lease end to coincide with the release of the new one.

Iím not sure what Iím going to get now. Unless by some grand miracle the new S7 is legitametly fasterócompletely bone stockóthan the outgoing one by a SIGNIFICANT MARGIN, then maybe I would consider it. But I find that prospect hard to believe.

I thought I could save money with the RS5 SB, but that thing presses $100k fully loaded.

Iím kind of leaning towards the M550i for my next car. I donít want to spend over $100k and I would way rather have that V8 than that V6 in the RS5 or S7 for that kind of money.
    Last edited by Frenetic; 12-30-2018 at 12:49 PM.

Established Member Two Rings doc-haz's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '14 Corvette Stingray Z51 7spd, 2017 Mercedes GLE 63S AMG

Quote Originally Posted by Frenetic View Post
    Yeah I had every intention of buying the new S7, but not anymore. When I leased my current car, I knew a new model was coming, so I tried to time the lease end to coincide with the release of the new one.

Iím not sure what Iím going to get now. Unless by some grand miracle the new S7 is legitametly fasterócompletely bone stockóthan the outgoing one by a SIGNIFICANT MARGIN, then maybe I would consider it. But I find prospect hard to believe.

I thought I could save money with the RS5 SB, but that thing presses $100k fully loaded.

Iím kind of leaning towards the M550i for my next car. I donít want to spend over $100k and I would way rather have that V8 than that V6 in the RS5 or S7 for that kind of money.
    I think youíll be real happy with the M550i. Powerful engine. V8. A really refined cabin with leather everything if youíre into that sort of stuff. Plus I think you can negotiate quite a bit on a new one. When does your lease go up?

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '17 Audi S7

One more year to go on my current lease.

Senior Member Three Rings Djpeaksd's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by doc-haz View Post
    Negotiating on an incoming E63 wagon with a local dealer. Massive bath on the Audi but thatís expected. I have to say I cannot come to terms with the touch screen everything in their new interface. Audi and Porsche are both doing it along with Land Rover. Mercedes still has buttons. And a V8.
    So I sold my 16 S7 and just bought a 18 Panamera Turbo. I love the touch screen to be honest. fingerprints are not really an issue and even more so not an issue with the screen protector. It is a very intuitive system and just works. It is similar to the the new Audi tech but obviously a little different. I think you gotta play with the system for a little to get used to it, maybe you have but just saying.
    2016 S7 Sepang Blue, Sport, Black Optic, Driver Assistance packages. EPL ECU & TCU tune, 21x10.5 TSW Bathurst wheels, Roc-Euro intake, and resenator delete, OEM RS grille with Quattro script.

Active Member Two Rings rexus300's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Im putting my order in! My dealer manager expects them around August/September or Q3 of this year.

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

If Audi brings the RS6 Avant stateside, that will be my next car.

But I will not buy any car unless it has a V8 or larger engine. End of story.

So, if no RS6 Avant..... I'll be going to the BMW M5 next.

Your move Audi. Your move.
    2013 Audi S6 Ibis White, Black interior, LED headlights, 20" alloy wheels, Carbon Atlas inlays, Audi side assist

Mods Bel STiR Plus, Blinder HP-905, BlackVue dash cams (front and rear), Black Optics grill, Black window trim, XPel Ultimate film, Modesta BC-03 glass coating

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by subterFUSE View Post
    If Audi brings the RS6 Avant stateside, that will be my next car.

But I will not buy any car unless it has a V8 or larger engine. End of story.

So, if no RS6 Avant..... I'll be going to the BMW M5 next.

Your move Audi. Your move.
    That makes two of us!
    2016 Moonlight Blue Metallic S6
    GIAC Stage 1 ECU+TCU tune | Roc Euro Intake | AWE Touring exhaust | Eurocode F/R sway bars + endlinks | Alu Kreuz
    20" DPE Wheels w/ Michelin PS 4S | Lowered 19mm via VAGCOM