Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Can you make the allroad sing and dance?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I am getting close to That Time where I need a new ride, and though I have been waiting patiently, it does not look like Audi USA is going to bring me an RS4 Avant, and the S5/RS5 Sportback does not have quite the useful space I was hoping for. So I have been looking closer at the allroad.

I am currently in a '13 Golf R, stage I tune, vwr springs, short shifter, and have enjoyed 65k trouble free miles since new. Really fun, toss-able car, plenty quick and reasonably comfortable. But I'm needing more space, and quite frankly, a little more refinement.

Before the R, I had a C5 S6 Avant that I daily drove for 11 years. Best. Car. Ever. Space, pace and grace, with that wonderful 4.2 wail. Before that, a C5 allroad 2.7 6 speed. Before that a C4 A6
    Avant. You get the picture...

I have not driven an A4 allroad yet. None of the local dealers ever seem to have any on the lots. But I would imagine that 248hp/273tq in a 3800lb package will feel pretty underwhelming after spending the past 6 years in the 3300lb Golf with 300+hp and a tuned suspension.

It looks as though the APR and Revo flashes are putting out respectable numbers. Are these enough to make these cars interesting? Or do you need to go full-on KO4, pipes, etc?

I want an interesting but reliable daily. And I don't want to spend 80k on a used E63. If only we could convince Audi to put the 2.5 inline 5 in this thing....

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Three Rings Shawn@PacificGerman's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    18' SQ5 . 17' R8 . 17' C4 . 16' Turbo S . 15' C4S . 17' Q7 . '89 964 . '16 981 . '06 911 C2S

You can certainly turn up an Allroad / A4 with software and some bolt ons. Our A4 made 262/304 at the wheels on just a stage 1 Revo flash. We are going to bring it back soon to see what stage 2 full bolt on can manage.. And upgrade the turbo soon!

Real world power wise a stage 1 tuned A4 should be slightly quicker than an S4, and stage 2 full bolt on is much faster. With a turbo upgrade these cars will be in RS4/5 territory

We've had a few Mk6 Golf Rs, technology has changed so much in the past 5-6 years. The DSG is a lot of fun and an Allroad will be a great upgrade from your current car.

If an upgraded 4 cylinder isn't to your liking, we can always build you an "S4 Allroad"

Pacific German | Info@PacificGerman.com | Porsche, Volkswagen, Audi, Lamborghini, Bentley Service, Tuning, Repair | Located in Laguna Hills, Ca

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PacificGerman View Post
    You can certainly turn up an Allroad / A4 with software and some bolt ons. Our A4 made 262/304 at the wheels on just a stage 1 Revo flash. We are going to bring it back soon to see what stage 2 full bolt on can manage.. And upgrade the turbo soon!

Real world power wise a stage 1 tuned A4 should be slightly quicker than an S4, and stage 2 full bolt on is much faster. With a turbo upgrade these cars will be in RS4/5 territory

We've had a few Mk6 Golf Rs, technology has changed so much in the past 5-6 years. The DSG is a lot of fun and an Allroad will be a great upgrade from your current car.

If an upgraded 4 cylinder isn't to your liking, we can always build you an "S4 Allroad"

That “S4 Allroad” is badass, and I’d love to do something like that. But I can’t imagine the “real world” bags of $ it would require to duplicate that beast. Have you done any other than that one? Done any inline 5 conversions?

I’m trying to be realistic about my expectations, and I’m not looking for a drag racing, canyon carver. I’ve got a 997 for the weekends. Just miss my Audi long roof, and hoping that the allroad could be made into something more than it has been marketed for.

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Three Rings Shawn@PacificGerman's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    18' SQ5 . 17' R8 . 17' C4 . 16' Turbo S . 15' C4S . 17' Q7 . '89 964 . '16 981 . '06 911 C2S

Quote Originally Posted by veloAR View Post
    That “S4 Allroad” is badass, and I’d love to do something like that. But I can’t imagine the “real world” bags of $ it would require to duplicate that beast. Have you done any other than that one? Done any inline 5 conversions?

I’m trying to be realistic about my expectations, and I’m not looking for a drag racing, canyon carver. I’ve got a 997 for the weekends. Just miss my Audi long roof, and hoping that the allroad could be made into something more than it has been marketed for.
    Realistically a 5 cylinder conversion (from a TTRS/RS3) would cost more to have done than the S4 conversion. Where the S4 is from the same chassis, there would be extensive fabrication, electrical, and control module programming to make something like a 5cylinder happen. So far this is the first B9 platform we have performed a conversion on, but we have done many others and getting ready to start another awesome project soon

A fun realistic daily driver for most people would be some nice bolt on upgrades to the Allroad. Check out this link - https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...A4-Mega-Thread

With our (now) A4 Sedan, running stage 2 Revo software and full Revo performance pack with a JHM high flow catalyst & downpipe, we ran a quarter mile in 12.16@110mph and 0-60mph in 3.87 seconds. The allroad is about 200lbs heavier depending on the configuration of the cars.

Pacific German | Info@PacificGerman.com | Porsche, Volkswagen, Audi, Lamborghini, Bentley Service, Tuning, Repair | Located in Laguna Hills, Ca