Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Thread: Audicare

Veteran Member Four Rings Race Shooter's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Audicare

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    My mid-70 year old parents are purchasing a new Q5. They went to purchase Audicare and were told by the dealer that it could only be purchased when bought in a package that also included a non-Audi supported wheel/tire repair, some kind of paint protection, glass protection and dent/ding repair.

Is this true? Audicare was always available separately before and it seems weird that Audi would require other packages to get it. I feel like the dealer is trying to put something over on them.

Anyone know for sure? Anyone from Audi want to comment and let me know if Audicare is only available in a package that is over $3500?

Thanks.
    2014 Porsche Cayman S Guards Red
    2015 Sepang Blue S4 6MT Gone...easily forgotten.
    2004 Nogaro Blue S4 Avant 6MT Gone...but severly missed .
    Jim Sykes Photography motorsports photography

Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out on this matter, I apologize for your parents having to go through this while they were at the dealer but hopefully I can clear things up for you. Audi Care is facilitated through Audi of America but the other packages and warranties that you mentioned are all upheld and sold through the dealership through a third party. I would recommend speaking with the sales/finance team in further depth to see if you can get clarification, as your folks should have no problem purchasing Audi Care separately from the other warranties. If you have follow up questions please feel free to send me a PM.

Thank you,
    Vincenzo F.

Audi Social Community Manager

Senior Member Three Rings delz05's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 Volcano Red S5 Cabriolet, 93 Mustang 5.0

I think what Vincenzo is saying... The dealership is trying to rip off your parents!!!!!

Of course you can purchase Audicare without all the other nonsense...

You may even want to question the sales agreement as well. Something not right here.... perhaps do a bit more shopping on their behalf.

2018 Q5's are plentiful and readily available all over.
    Family comes First!.... Nice cars a close second.

2017 SQ5 Ibis White, Black Optics P+ with Tech, Nappa, 21" wheels, Milltek exhaust, EPL Stage 2... more to come
    And for topless Summer fun... 2013 Volcano Red S5 Cabriolet Prestige, Black Optics Grill, Rear Valance, Tint, Unitronics Stage 3 with DP and TCU, IE Down Pipes... doesn't get any better!
    2018 Manhattan Grey Q5 Premium Plus with Nav, Hot & Cold packages, 20" wheels, B/O sound... wifey's new ride

Veteran Member Four Rings Race Shooter's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Thank you Vincenzo, that is what I thought, I just wanted to hear it directly from someone at Audi. We'll speak to them tomorrow and see what they say and I'll follow up with you.

Appreciate the help.
    2014 Porsche Cayman S Guards Red
    2015 Sepang Blue S4 6MT Gone...easily forgotten.
    2004 Nogaro Blue S4 Avant 6MT Gone...but severly missed .
    Jim Sykes Photography motorsports photography

Established Member Two Rings rgobantes23's Avatar
    AZ Member #

The Audi Care for my 2018 SQ5 was only $1,289 and it covers the yearly service up to the 5th year 50K miles (first year 10K was free). I have the spreadsheet for other type of "optional" warranty/insurance that the dealer faxed me when my SQ5 was on its way from the factory, but the text is too small and not clear for scanning. I'll type the details below.

There was the 10 year (4 years standard plus 6 years) extended warranty for $3,915, Audi GAP insurance for $295 that pays the difference between the car loan vs car value when totaled, Vintage Ultimate for $2,375 that covers the windshield damage, Tire and Wheel Insurance for $1,751, Dent Repair Insurance for $751, and Perma Plate insurance $1,168 for exterior and interior damage - tar, oil, crayon, etc. If your parents are getting all of these for around $3,500 it is actually a good deal if they want all of these coverage.
    2018 Audi SQ5 Prestige with S-Package, DAP, Dynamic Steering, Fine Nappa Leather, Carbon Atlas Inlays, Monsoon Gray Metallic and Black Interior

Veteran Member Three Rings audrobotic's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Race Shooter View Post
    My mid-70 year old parents are purchasing a new Q5. They went to purchase Audicare and were told by the dealer that it could only be purchased when bought in a package that also included a non-Audi supported wheel/tire repair, some kind of paint protection, glass protection and dent/ding repair.

Is this true? Audicare was always available separately before and it seems weird that Audi would require other packages to get it. I feel like the dealer is trying to put something over on them.

Anyone know for sure? Anyone from Audi want to comment and let me know if Audicare is only available in a package that is over $3500?

Thanks.
    This is why I hate dealers. Not that you canít find great people in service or sales but the industry has a very dark side. It makes me sick. One word - Greed.
    Current: 2013 A4 | Past: 2010 A4
    TFSI Longitudinal EA888