Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Thread: Air filter

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Air filter

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Has anyone put in a K&n air filter, I know it's only a small change but has anyone noticed any changes? The filter is: K&N E-1987

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Audizine mobile app

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

When I got mine it already had the filter. I've cleaned it a few times and could tell it ran smoother but I think the main thing is a bit better on the gas mileage.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Audizine mobile app

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by bustrblue2 View Post
    When I got mine it already had the filter. I've cleaned it a few times and could tell it ran smoother but I think the main thing is a bit better on the gas mileage.

Do you have a silicone hose attached to it or any other small upgrades to the car

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by glyn wilso View Post
    Do you have a silicone hose attached to it or any other small upgrades to the car

No. That's just the drop in. It's still in the factory air box. I just make sure it's clean and oiled. I'd love to do an exhaust but they're pretty expensive for this car with other priorities.

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

I run an aFe dry filter on mine. It's washable/ reusable with the benefit of not having to use oil on the filter media. I noticed a deeper intake roar. I can't speak on mileage as my daily commute is so short and on city driving that I did not see any chance. I'm sure the difference would be noticeable on highway driving!
    07 A6 3.2- Out & In- Morimoto 5500k & Nokya 2500k, DeAutoLED Reverse, LP, & Footwells, Ziza Full Interior, 10" lo-pro Pioneer, Audi Aluminum Pedals
    Drivetrain & Suspension- Stoptech X-Drilled & Sport Pads, ST X-Coilovers, Hacked Airbox with aFe, Resonator Delete

"What is best in life? -Kill your enemies. See them driven before you. And hear the lamentation of their women" Conan the Barbarian