Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Apr 01 2005
    AZ Member #
    5948
    Location
    dfw

    Turbo upgrade from KolbenKraft Tuning Germany

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Looks promising! Hopefully some stateside tuners have stuffed the IS20 housings and will release something soon!

    https://kolbenkraft-tuning.com/produ...r-komplettpak/


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    ACNA Member
    08 A4 2.0TQ Titanium S-line
    17 A4 2.0TQ Prestige S-line

    Former;
    02 A4 1.8TQ
    03 A4 1.8T
    03 RS6

  2. #2
    Active Member Two Rings AudiTFSIGen3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 18 2018
    AZ Member #
    433443
    Location
    Denmark

    Cool

    The PNP LM430 has been very successfully tested in the UK and in RUSSIA.
    It is fully produced in Germany by Ladermanufaktur GmbH and KolbenKraft-Tuning distributes it.
    It is a completely reinforced Original IS20 turbocharger making 420++ HP immediately on the dyno.
    It fits ALL Audio 2.0 TFSI models with longitudinal engines from 2013 - 2018 like in
    A4 B8 + B9 + A5 + Q5 + A6 + A7 + Q7 from 200 - 252 HP.
    The LM430 has been the FIRST!!! Audi IS20 2.0 TFSI upgrade on the market and consequently shows the most experiences and superior development.
    It has the same technology as the widely known LM440 in VAG Gen.3 like in this Cupra - Check and enjoy the performance:





    Audi A4 B9 Stage 2

  3. #3
    Registered Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Nov 19 2018
    AZ Member #
    431470
    Location
    SoCal

    What i don't understand is why don't tuners just bolt in the IS38 from the S3/Golf R into these cars? Even on my 2017 Golf Sportwagen 1.8, a IS38 upgrade was available and it made over 300whp. Other than the motor being placed longitudinally, the EA888 is the same. I even put my neuspeed power module from my old VW onto to my b9 A4.

    Ken

  4. #4
    Active Member Two Rings AudiTFSIGen3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 18 2018
    AZ Member #
    433443
    Location
    Denmark

    Good question!
    The normal IS38 does not seem to fit and needs extremely big (and expensive) modifications - See the picture of a modified IS38 - Picture 1 - to make it fit AUDI longitudinal models.
    They work also well!!! But effort is high and stock look is lost. That is why tuners look for an upgraded plug&play IS20 (see picture 2).

    Modified IS38.jpg
    LM430 Upgradeturbo_2.jpg
    Audi A4 B9 Stage 2

  5. #5
    Registered Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Nov 19 2018
    AZ Member #
    431470
    Location
    SoCal

    Thanks.. i was wondering why. The IS38 is known killer upgrade for the MQB platform and I was surprised that it wasn't a big thing on the B9 platform. You would think you'd have more room on the B9 vs the MQB.

    I also found this right after I posted. https://www.etuners.gr/audi-q5-2-0-t...e3-is38-98ron/ Hopefully once my warranty is up, there will be a good upgrade.

    Ken

  6. #6
    Active Member Two Rings AudiTFSIGen3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 18 2018
    AZ Member #
    433443
    Location
    Denmark

    Quote Originally Posted by AudiTFSIGen3 View Post
    Good question!
    The normal IS38 does not seem to fit and needs extremely big (and expensive) modifications - See the picture of a modified IS38 - Picture 1 - to make it fit AUDI longitudinal models.
    They work also well!!! But effort is high and stock look is lost. That is why tuners look for an upgraded plug&play IS20 (see picture 2).

    Modified IS38.jpg
    LM430 Upgradeturbo_2.jpg
    Experiences (EA888 gen.3) have shown since 2013 that the stock pistons and also DSG stock clutch can mostly handle 480HP (500PS).
    Some tuners have cleverly modified (big compliments!!!) the IS38 from the MQB (Golf 7R) with lots of effort (see picture) and reached 390HP and 530NM and the AUDI engines and S-Tronic gear boxes have mastered this power excellently so far. But the problem with the IS38 turbo is that it is not really reliable and blows from time to time because of the weak OEM core. This is sad and even the clever modifying can NOT prevent that.
    That is why the PnP LM430 AUDI upgrade charger based on IS20 is developed - with TD05+ core by Mitsubishi and further developed by Ladermanufaktur Germany. It is used world-wide in daily extrem racing. In addition it has some more power (400 - 440 HP) than the modified IS38 (380 HP).
    You can YOUTUBE 'PnP LM440' to see its stability and acceleration because the LM430 uses the same technology as the famous PnP LM440.
    But installing the PnP LM430 is not all: You need a downpipe and a tune. Just consult your local tuner.
    Audi A4 B9 Stage 2

  7. #7
    Active Member Two Rings A4Law's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 21 2014
    AZ Member #
    289847
    Location
    Australia

    Hi all,

    Thought you might be interested in this from the turbo engineers



    Iím looking at that or getting the is20 customised as a hybrid.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  8. #8
    Active Member Two Rings AudiTFSIGen3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 18 2018
    AZ Member #
    433443
    Location
    Denmark

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by AudiTFSIGen3 View Post
    Experiences (EA888 gen.3) have shown since 2013 that the stock pistons and also DSG stock clutch can mostly handle 480HP (500PS).
    Some tuners have cleverly modified (big compliments!!!) the IS38 from the MQB (Golf 7R) with lots of effort (see picture) and reached 390HP and 530NM and the AUDI engines and S-Tronic gear boxes have mastered this power excellently so far. But the problem with the IS38 turbo is that it is not really reliable and blows from time to time because of the weak OEM core. This is sad and even the clever modifying can NOT prevent that.
    That is why the PnP LM430 AUDI upgrade charger based on IS20 is developed - with TD05+ core by Mitsubishi and further developed by Ladermanufaktur Germany. It is used world-wide in daily extrem racing. In addition it has some more power (400 - 440 HP) than the modified IS38 (380 HP).
    You can YOUTUBE 'PnP LM440' to see its stability and acceleration because the LM430 uses the same technology as the famous PnP LM440.
    But installing the PnP LM430 is not all: You need a downpipe and a tune. Just consult your local tuner.
    Thanks A4Law for the picture.
    Actually nearly all turbobuilders just re-use the original old, weak stock IHI basic unit to make fast money. The weak stock basic unit is responsible for thousands of blown IS20 & IS38 turbochargers. worldwide. Avoid saving some bucks and risking your engine but INVEST in a stable + reliable basic unit (TD05+, etc.) - Your MQB car is worth it.

    LM430 by PNP Ladermanufaktur Germany dynoed with soft tune:

    LM430_by_PNP Germany.jpg

    Here results of LM440 IS20 (Golf MK7, Cupra, Audi S3/TTS) - Brother of LM430 IS20 (Audi A4,A5,A6,A7: models 2013 - 2018), which has exactly the same power and technology - also with OptiRate Technology and TD05+ basic unit.

    Audi A4 B9 Stage 2

  9. #9
    Active Member Two Rings AudiTFSIGen3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 18 2018
    AZ Member #
    433443
    Location
    Denmark

    Compare the basic units yourself before buying a hybrid charger

    LM430 Upgradeturbo August 2018.jpg
    Audi A4 B9 Stage 2

  10. #10
    Active Member Two Rings AudiTFSIGen3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 18 2018
    AZ Member #
    433443
    Location
    Denmark

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by AudiTFSIGen3 View Post
    Thanks A4Law for the picture.
    Actually nearly all turbobuilders just re-use the original old, weak stock IHI basic unit to make fast money. The weak stock basic unit is responsible for thousands of blown IS20 & IS38 turbochargers. worldwide. Avoid saving some bucks and risking your engine but INVEST in a stable + reliable basic unit (TD05+, etc.) - Your MQB car is worth it.

    LM430 by PNP Ladermanufaktur Germany dynoed with soft tune:

    LM430_by_PNP Germany.jpg

    Here results of LM440 IS20 (Golf MK7, Cupra, Audi S3/TTS) - Brother of LM430 IS20 (Audi A4,A5,A6,A7: models 2013 - 2018), which has exactly the same power and technology - also with OptiRate Technology and TD05+ basic unit.


    Premium PNP LM430 AUDI A4 B9 (2016 - 2019; also B8/B8.5 2013-2015)
    2.0 TFSI Upgrade Turbocharger !!! 400++PS (HP) !!! Early turbo boost/spooling and
    430+ PS power + Original IS20 AUDI LOOK + Racing premium stability.
    Same technology as in PNP LM440. Buyable: www.kolbenkraft-tuning.com.
    Made in Germany. Produced by Ladermanufaktur.de



    PNP LM430 IS20 AUDI Upgrade Turbo 430PSHP.jpg

    Turbo Upgrade.jpg
    Audi A4 B9 Stage 2



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2019 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.