Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Four Rings Ape Factory's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    RS5/Infiniti QX70S stormtrooper/Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 10th Anniversary

Red Mist needs a companion.

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I own Pacific German's first (and best) Audi RS5 that Shawn put together. I believe they still have a 2014 RS5 and I know they acquired a 2017 R8 (non-Plus) which they worked their magic on. I saw a few writeups on their car which received an ECU tune and a host of goodies. Well since then they added a VF-800 package (supercharger).

I actually came across it while researching Syvecs and the Bosch MED17 ECU (strange, I know). And it's for sale. I'm sure they have their eye on a new 2019.

So I'm thinking...it would make a very nice garage mate to the RS5, no? I'd have to move all of my woodworking equipment, kayaks, tools, lawn care products, useless boxes and things I generally haven't touched in a decade out of the third bay andinto the driveway. Or make my wife park her car outside. There's a good chance she'd probably leave me too, possibly taking the house with her.

But still...THIS.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing
    805 HP SUPERCHARGED! Sub 2.4 second zero to 60 time
    VF ENGINEERING VF800 SUPERCHARGER KIT
    2017 R8 (non plus model)
    Dynamite Red Metallic
    Every option:
    Carbon Ceramic Brakes,
    Diamond Stitched Seats,
    Red Contrast Stitching,
    Full Carbon Package
    Virtual Cockpit
    Dynamic Steering
    Full Leather
    Bang and Oulfsen
    Privately owned by Pacific Geman in Laguna Hills.
    All enhancements conducted in house by Pacific German.
    2017 Feature Build Shop Car
    Sticker was $193.5 with all options

Factory Carbon Spoiler
    Factory Carbon Mirror Caps
    Factory Gloss Black Badges
    Factory Black Optics Grille
    Factory V10 Plus Steernig Wheel
    KW HAS Coil Over Sleeves (Height adjsutable coil over suspension)
    Tubi Style Stainless Steel Exhaust
    Klassen Forged Wheels 20x12 &20x9 Matte Grey
    Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires
    USP Motorsports Stainless Brake Lines
    Xpel Paint Protection
    Suntek Ceramic Window Tint
    Gtechniq Crystal Serum Paint Sealant
    VF800 Supercharger System, featuring Eaton TVS2300 supercharger
    Color Matched Running Lights
    Black Powder Coat Exhaust Finishers
    Brembo Racing Brake Fluid
    Full Corner Balance / Alignment with Factory Shims
    New Front and Rear Disc Brake Pads
    Well over $65k in upgrades and enhancements, not including tax or labor!
    NEVER TRACKED, NEVER RACED. With a zero to 60 time of barely 2.4 seconds few cars will ever be able to keep up. Zero reliability issues, daily driven. Flawless in and out.

Am I a bad man?

I'm going to go wash and wax the RS5 and burn off some energy.
    Instagram: redmist5 Youtube; https://tinyurl.com/redmistvideos
    2013 Audi RS5 Misano Red-Klassen ID M10/JHM Tune/AWE Exhaust/Eventuri Intake/Bilstein PSS10/H&R Sways/STERN/CR-15//ECS SS Brake Lines/Rear Diff Bushing/ECS rear diff inserts, front end links/034 Motorsports subframe inserts & Rear End Links/Tranny insert/E-code head, tail lights/Maxton splitter/Red Trim Start Button/black emblems/VCDS.

Veteran Member Four Rings s vier's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 RS5

Seems like a no-brainer. Buy the car!
    2015 Suzuka RS5 Black Optics+Carbon Ceramics-Euro Recaro Bucket -Akrapovic -AWE DPs-Ecodes-Euro fold CF Neidfaktor mirrors-3M+Suntech(whole car)-CR15-Red START button-034 diff carrier inserts-BBS CH-R 10.5x20 et25

IG: GERMANBrew

Veteran Member Four Rings JamesRS5's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Ape Factory View Post
    There's a good chance she'd probably leave me too, possibly taking the house with her.

You can sleep in an R8 but you can’t drive to work in a house, just saying.
    I accept a Stage II tuned S5 is quicker than an RS5
    Doug convinced me
    He's also the reason I don't come here much

Veteran Member Four Rings Beast's Avatar
    AZ Member #

yes plz.
    19' C63S Coupe //AMG | Magno Graphite | Carbon Optics | Aero

Past: 2015 Audi []RS5 | 2012 Audi A5

IG @C63sz

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

I drove the 2017 V10 Plus model and surprisingly actually didnt like it! Drove it at the track back-to-back with the Huracan and much preferred the Huracan. The Audi had better brakes, better transmission and was way torquier and a better daily driver too but overall the Lambo is the one I wanted to drive again and wouldn't get tired of. Hard to explain but even though they have the same basic engine, they were completely different cars. The Audi felt like a normal car, not overly special, and its throttle response was TOO sharp to where even barely touching the throttle would make it surge and cause your neck to snap while the Lambo was way smoother in its power delivery and sounded amazing at 8500 rpm. Seating position was also much better in the Lambo as it felt like sitting ON the front axle with great visibility. Also definitely didnt feel like it needed a supercharger on top of it lol but that could be the trick to make it insane - after all, I recently watched this vid of a Huracan Performante that was supercharged and the sound of this engine supercharged is absolute insanity:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=4AH822XEkg8

Anyway if you wind up getting it, I'll take back everything I just said and cruise down to S/A to come give her a proper test drive :)

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AsherAudi View Post

Anyway if you wind up getting it, I'll take back everything I just said and cruise down to S/A to come give her a proper test drive :)
    Don't let anyone ever tell you that you aren't a stand-up guy and a man of principle!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JamesRS5 View Post
    You sir, are a man of logic, the sort of logic I'm in favor of.
    2013 Audi RS5 Misano Red-Klassen ID M10/JHM Tune/AWE Exhaust/Eventuri Intake/Bilstein PSS10/H&R Sways/STERN/CR-15//ECS SS Brake Lines/Rear Diff Bushing/ECS rear diff inserts, front end links/034 Motorsports subframe inserts & Rear End Links/Tranny insert/E-code head, tail lights/Maxton splitter/Red Trim Start Button/black emblems/VCDS.

Veteran Member Four Rings namvar's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013, Q7 Prestige, Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo, Cabinet full of Adam's Polish Products

Ape, looks like you caught the bug too. But I am with Asher, I prefer the older model which is a very good thing as it makes it a bit more reachable for me.

So I have planted the seed with the boss that in 6 years for my 60th I am going to look for one. The bug is so bad that it has me considering parting away with my Z as the hard rule in our household is "only 3 cars"
    Nice low mileage V10, get it tuned, add some carbon and that's about it.

For now I am also going to go wash and detail my RS and burnoff aome energy... Oh, no. wait! I can't as the poor thing has been at the dealer for the past 3 weeks with the engine out waiting for parts from Germany. Yeah, parts that the freakin' mice nibbled on.

2015 RS5: Mythos Black, Tech, Dynamic steering, Black Optics packages, Folding side mirror upgrade, internal LED lights, Eventuri Intake, Akrapovič exhaust, lots of CF
    2013 3.0T Prestige Q7: Sport pedals, LED interior lights

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Namer, I can't believe that happened to you. So they pulled the entire engine? Would be a great time to install those performance headers for the RS5. Oh wait... Man trying to think what you should do, if anything, while the engine is out.

For some reason I prefer the 2016+ although I do like the new 2019 facelift. I'd go for a Hurican but they're $100K dearer so they better feel more special. But a 2017 with all the goodies and supercharged for less than $160K. Crazy.

Established Member Two Rings Treeskier's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    RS5; SQ5; S2k

Quote Originally Posted by JamesRS5 View Post
    and the RS5 has a deceptively large trunk for your clothes, toiletries, etc. - I think we're on to something here

Veteran Member Four Rings namvar's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013, Q7 Prestige, Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo, Cabinet full of Adam's Polish Products

Quote Originally Posted by Ape Factory View Post
    Namer, I can't believe that happened to you. So they pulled the entire engine? Would be a great time to install those performance headers for the RS5. Oh wait... Man trying to think what you should do, if anything, while the engine is out.

For some reason I prefer the 2016+ although I do like the new 2019 facelift. I'd go for a Hurican but they're $100K dearer so they better feel more special. But a 2017 with all the goodies and supercharged for less than $160K. Crazy.
    I'm having them replace all the hoses, thermostat, etc. Anything that requires the engine to be pulled. extra $1000 in parts.

2015 RS5: Mythos Black, Tech, Dynamic steering, Black Optics packages, Folding side mirror upgrade, internal LED lights, Eventuri Intake, Akrapovič exhaust, lots of CF
    2013 3.0T Prestige Q7: Sport pedals, LED interior lights

Active Member Two Rings ARrrrSfive's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Fast Nissan, bouncy Ford, quick Benz.

That R8 is waaaaay sick.

I’m just weird about cars and $.

Like for that cars price, I’d want to build it myself. (Not saying it’s not well done, that’s just part of the fun. )

But above $200k? I’m buying it “ fast “ from
    the factory.

I hope I’m making sense. Lol.

PS. Buy the car.
    •13’ Misano RS5•
    •Black Optic•HRE’s•Ohlin’s•GMG•
    •CR-15•034•JHM•AWE•Akrapovic•Eventuri•

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Mops@Nemesis's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '19 SQ5 / '19 RS5 SB

I want one too. Shooting for the RWS in a couple of years. I need that V10 noizzze.
    034Motorsport | Advan | AG | Akrapovič | AWE | BBS | BC Forged | Brembo | Capristo | Deval | Forgeline | H&R | KW | Milltek | OZ | Rotiform | Sparco | Stoptech | TSW | Unitronic | Volk | Vorsteiner | Work | and many more

Established Member Three Rings snocat17's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 S5 Cab, 2008 GMC Hennessey HPE 450 Sierra

I think with an RS5 and an R8, you won't have any trouble attracting the right women. Go for it...
    -Joe
    2016 S5 Cabriolet Prestige Glacier White Metallic w/ brown comfort seats and piano wire black wood trim. RED Brake calipers holding EBC RedStuff pads, VCDS cable