Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran Member Four Rings canadianA4B7's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    parts

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by zeroskater88 View Post
    Yes, I have a 10 AN Y connector bringing the two together, and from there to the intake. No over pressure valve though. What do you recommend as far as products for a 10 AN over pressure valve?

Thank you
    034 Motorsports has a billet check/pressure valve for this. Itís from the 1.8T motor. If your using the 1.8T oil filter housing itís really easy install and thereís a ďkitĒ available. Trust me with all your work please put in the valve. I saved mine before shit got really really bad but I did have to re seal the head as it pushed some oil through some places it shouldnít have been pushed out.

I used this
    https://store.034motorsport.com/brea...p-awv-amu.html
    This is the billet valve
    https://store.034motorsport.com/chec...cv-billet.html

You likely have alternate options based on the needs to hide things

This might be better to go between your 2 lines
    https://store.034motorsport.com/brea...-silicone.html
    This might be cheaper and provide a bit more hose options includes the valve
    This is a T might be another easy option
    Last edited by canadianA4B7; 02-13-2019 at 07:31 AM.

Veteran Member Four Rings rongeur's Avatar
    AZ Member #

A4 B7 Big turbo/wire tuck/shaved bay

I have run a direct line (valve cover teed to the crankcase vent) to a catch can that vent back to the intake (post filter, pre turbo) without issue. The faster the air is brought in the more the crankcase is ventilated.

In what scenario did you find crankcase gasses outpacing your intake? Your blow by gasses and pressure would have to be ridiculous to blow a head gasket.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    2008 A4 2.0T Quattro 6MT S-Line QGM
    Stage 3 JHM TD05H-R on a fully built motor
    Build Thread

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by rongeur View Post
    I have run a direct line (valve cover teed to the crankcase vent) to a catch can that vent back to the intake (post filter, pre turbo) without issue. The faster the air is brought in the more the crankcase is ventilated.

In what scenario did you find crankcase gasses outpacing your intake? Your blow by gasses and pressure would have to be ridiculous to blow a head gasket.

Im curious about this as well, my setup is the same as yours.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    parts

Pressure pushed through the sealant on cam cradle NOT head gasket. This was attempted VTA not a properly vacuumed through the intake. I thought using the pressure valve was able to open and VTA which was wrong itís only there to relieve if pressure in the system gets a blockage (frozen catch can) or peculiar overpressure so you donít blow the rear main seal. Luckily the valve was open venting all crank pressure but the head pressure was more then the sealant could hold and not all being released through the valve.

Your more then welcome to run what you like but the 1.8T system is different then the 2.0T. For proper function the system and to avoid possible future issues Iíd strongly suggest adapting the valve in.

Mines the same as both of both of yours by looks, and I fucked it up nicely. Iíd strongly suggest you avoid being me.... at all costs no matter what you do, donít be me!

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Ill probably splice into the braided line after my Y, use an AN barb adapter fitting to the silicone T you linked, and put the valve in there.

Thanks for the links & advice buddy

AZ Member #

I am not doubting your experience, just seems there is more at play than simple crankcase and valves venting.

Oil vapors and gasses will build up by sheer nature of escape past the piston rings, especially in a high forced induction application, regardless of 1.8t or 2.0t.

The 1.8t conversion is strictly the liquid oil pump and filter system. The 2.0 block and 1.8 block are similar, but the oil (fluid) pressure relief valve is located in different spots. The 2.0t oil pump / balance shaft assembly contains the pressure relief valve to bleed off excessive start up and cold engine pressures. The 1.8t se pump has a PRV but is only cracked at very very high pressures and not meant to be the upper pressure regulator. The 1.8t oil housing is what contains the relief valve and bypass to avoid high pressures.

Converting to 1.8t pump and using the 2.0t plastic oil filter housing gave me very high starting pressures and low idle pressures when warm. I also found one of my main bearings was failing from the start which may explain the lower pressures over time.

The Skoda housing is designed for the 2.0t block to work with the 1.8t pump. It was designed by a VW race division for rally racing where they needed to get rid of the plastic housing and balance shafts. There is a billet version as well. Mine and the OP is the cast version. The billet version has a horizontal mount for the filter which requires all the hard coolant lines to be relocated.

Build Thread

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    parts

Romgeur link yours please. Yours is different from mine.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by canadianA4B7 View Post
    Romgeur link yours please. Yours is different from mine.
    IMG_4378.JPG

I donít have a link, part was sourced through Issam of IABed parts. He is a great resource for 1.8t conversion and parts not found elsewhere.

Build Thread

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Good info.

Just FYI I still have the 2.0t pump and did not convert to 1.8t

But I did cut out the balance shafts

Registered User Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Over 20! too many plant pots!

Hi Everyone,
    Rule of thumb for 06F Oil Pump solutions & Oil Filter housing

GOOD:
    • 06F Oil Pump (if its good , leave it) + 06F Plastic Oil filter housing
    • 06F Oil Pump (if its good , leave it) + 1.8T Oil filter housing
    • 06F Oil Pump (if its good , leave it) + Skoda S2000 Oil filter housing
    • 06F Oil Pump w/ balance shafts removed and channels plugged + 06F Plastic Oil filter housing
    • 06F Oil Pump w/ balance shafts removed and channels plugged + 1.8T Oil filter housing
    • 06F Oil Pump w/ balance shafts removed and channels plugged + Skoda S2000 Oil filter housing
    • 1.8T Oil Pump conversion (requires drilling and tapping the block in 2 locations) + 1.8T Oil filter housing

BAD :
    • 1.8T Oil Pump conversion (requires drilling and tapping the block in 2 locations) + 06F Plastic Oil filter housing

Basically any conversion that blocks off the oil return channel in the 06F block (where the 3rd 1.8T oil pump bolt goes) and does not regulate oil pressure then you will have issues.

Iíd strongly suggest adapting the valve in.
    What you are referring to is a 1-way valve for crankcase pressure which is standard if you are venting back into your system USING OE PARTS. Most catch cans act as this as there is nowhere for the fums to go once the hit the can.
    As for your issues , I would wager they are completely unrelated to either oil pressure or crankcase pressure.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    parts

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard-of-OD View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    Rule of thumb for 06F Oil Pump solutions & Oil Filter housing

GOOD:
    • 06F Oil Pump (if its good , leave it) + 06F Plastic Oil filter housing
    • 06F Oil Pump (if its good , leave it) + 1.8T Oil filter housing
    • 06F Oil Pump (if its good , leave it) + Skoda S2000 Oil filter housing
    • 06F Oil Pump w/ balance shafts removed and channels plugged + 06F Plastic Oil filter housing
    • 06F Oil Pump w/ balance shafts removed and channels plugged + 1.8T Oil filter housing
    • 06F Oil Pump w/ balance shafts removed and channels plugged + Skoda S2000 Oil filter housing
    • 1.8T Oil Pump conversion (requires drilling and tapping the block in 2 locations) + 1.8T Oil filter housing

BAD :
    • 1.8T Oil Pump conversion (requires drilling and tapping the block in 2 locations) + 06F Plastic Oil filter housing

Basically any conversion that blocks off the oil return channel in the 06F block (where the 3rd 1.8T oil pump bolt goes) and does not regulate oil pressure then you will have issues.

What you are referring to is a 1-way valve for crankcase pressure which is standard if you are venting back into your system USING OE PARTS. Most catch cans act as this as there is nowhere for the fums to go once the hit the can.
    As for your issues , I would wager they are completely unrelated to either oil pressure or crankcase pressure.

No mention of dry dump systems? Pretty sure thatís the next adventure for some of us.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1984_VW_Rabbit_GTI

No mention of dry dump systems? Pretty sure thatís the next adventure for some of us.
    And the "Poor man's balance shaft delete" for financially challenged people, like me.
    2007 B7 A4 2.0t Quattro APR Stage 3

Veteran Member Four Rings viziers's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2005.5 A4 2.0T

So maybe my build is a unicorn but I have done away with the balance shafts oil pump and went with the 1.8t oil pump AND the stock oil filter housing and at warm idle my oil pressure is at 22 psi and while at cruising speed of 2.5 to 3k rpm my oil pressure is at 60 to 75 psi if memory serves me correctly as I have not driven the car in some time as I have been doing a bunch of maint work.

vizi
    05.5 B7 A4 longest running with no motor issues at 373whp

Car:Custom JRP Mani & DP, GT3076, FWD to AWD conversion, IE 144/20, Wossner 83.5mm 9.2:1Cr, CM FX400, Ported Head Ferrea valves, EJ VC, EJ S3 Dv Flange, Custom STASIS Exh, Precision 600hp FMIC, RS4 injec, Tial 38mm, 034 SD mounts, Apikol Rear Diff, RS4 Sway, APR Snub Mnt, DO 4 port w/m direct inject, HPFPUpgrade 142bar PRV & StgII HPFP, 1.8 oil pump conv, Crnk dowel pin
    Absolute Automotive Tuned to 373+awhp @23.5psi (Corrected)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12