Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Jan 17 2007
    AZ Member #
    14926
    Location
    Los Gatos, CA

    Fidelity Warranty

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I am picking up a 2014 RS7 which is out of warranty. I've never purchased a 3rd party warranty, but was wanting to know who else has and which one. What has your experience been and typically how much is it?
    Current Cars:
    2012 Mazdaspeed3:
    Past Cars:
    2007 911 Turbo: Exhaust/Tune
    1997 Dodge Viper: Hennessey 500 Package - 440rwhp/460rwtq
    2000 Miata:
    1990 Miata: T28 Turbo
    1994 RX7: A-Spec 500R Single Turbo
    2000 S4: Stage 3
    2005 GTO: Headers, cam, suspension, wheels, etc - 423rwhp/387rwtq

  2. #2
    Senior Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 23 2016
    AZ Member #
    369194
    Location
    Chicago

    Find out if that RS7 has an ECU tune, or is already flagged TD1, before you buy a Warranty. Let's say you pick the Fidelity Warranty. Something breaks on your car. So, you take it to the Dealership. However, they won't cover it because the car has been modified. You never did anything, but the Previous Owner did. They don't care. The Warranty company will check with Audi to see if the car was EVER flagged. If so, they won't pay.

    I have even heard of CPO cars falling through the cracks. Someone buys a CPO from an Audi Dealership. Something breaks. Audi refuses to cover it due to a TD1 flag. The new owner said he never modified the car. The Warranty company accuses the current owner of modifying. It's a back and forth battle.
    Last edited by PopTart; 12-07-2018 at 07:48 PM.

  3. #3
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Jan 17 2007
    AZ Member #
    14926
    Location
    Los Gatos, CA

    Quote Originally Posted by PopTart View Post
    Find out if that RS7 has an ECU tune, or is already flagged TD1, before you buy a Warranty. Let's say you pick the Fidelity Warranty. Something breaks on your car. So, you take it to the Dealership. However, they won't cover it because the car has been modified. You never did anything, but the Previous Owner did. They don't care. The Warranty company will check with Audi to see if the car was EVER flagged. If so, they won't pay.

    I have even heard of CPO cars falling through the cracks. Someone buys a CPO from an Audi Dealership. Something breaks. Audi refuses to cover it due to a TD1 flag. The new owner said he never modified the car. The Warranty company accuses the current owner of modifying. It's a back and forth battle.
    Ok, nevermind then haha. The car comes with a milltek exhaust and stage 1 APR tune.
    Current Cars:
    2012 Mazdaspeed3:
    Past Cars:
    2007 911 Turbo: Exhaust/Tune
    1997 Dodge Viper: Hennessey 500 Package - 440rwhp/460rwtq
    2000 Miata:
    1990 Miata: T28 Turbo
    1994 RX7: A-Spec 500R Single Turbo
    2000 S4: Stage 3
    2005 GTO: Headers, cam, suspension, wheels, etc - 423rwhp/387rwtq

  4. #4
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Apr 22 2018
    AZ Member #
    417447
    Location
    OC, CA

    Or just never take it to the dealership....

    Find a friendly mechanic and always go there.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Jan 17 2007
    AZ Member #
    14926
    Location
    Los Gatos, CA

    I'll just save the $ I was going to spend on the warranty and bank that away in the case something happens. Hopefully a healthy ownership!
    Current Cars:
    2012 Mazdaspeed3:
    Past Cars:
    2007 911 Turbo: Exhaust/Tune
    1997 Dodge Viper: Hennessey 500 Package - 440rwhp/460rwtq
    2000 Miata:
    1990 Miata: T28 Turbo
    1994 RX7: A-Spec 500R Single Turbo
    2000 S4: Stage 3
    2005 GTO: Headers, cam, suspension, wheels, etc - 423rwhp/387rwtq

  6. #6
    Established Member Three Rings digdah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 11 2017
    AZ Member #
    411044
    Location
    Dallas, TX

    Quote Originally Posted by HardHitter View Post
    I'll just save the $ I was going to spend on the warranty and bank that away in the case something happens. Hopefully a healthy ownership!
    Haha I did the same thing. Once I deplete those funds the car is gone. Thing is I got the car with an exhaust and Stage 1 and TCU tune already installed which I was planning to do as well. If I add all of those together I have quite a bit banked for issues before I can try feel the car is costing me out of pocket.
    2013 S6 | Phantom Black Pearl | Innovation Package | BOSE + JL Audio Micro Sub| Milltek non-resonated catback |APR Stage 1 |Avant Garde M510

  7. #7
    Veteran Member Three Rings 4Chio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 14 2005
    AZ Member #
    5696
    Location
    STL

    contact Troy his prices are really good. many on the board have used him

    http://www.fd-warranty.com
    2018 S6 Prestige sport
    2014 991 Cab C4S
    2018 S4 Prestige
    2017 Q7 Prestige
    (sold)
    2016 S3 Monsoon Gray Prestige | Sport seats| 19's W/ mag ride| Milltek Res valve
    2013 X5 M, 08 A6 4.2 Sline, 08 :.R32 ,07 S4 White/Black, 04 S4 6MT,

  8. #8
    Senior Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 23 2016
    AZ Member #
    369194
    Location
    Chicago

    Good idea. I would just save money, in case something breaks.

  9. #9
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 22 2011
    AZ Member #
    71307
    Location
    Las Vegas/Nevada

    I would try to get a warranty tbh... Iíve owned my car (2013 S6) only 31k miles for only 8 months/5k miles and have had about $7k worth of warranty fixes (motor mounts, mmi, and ac compressor) if I didnít have a warranty it wouldíve been a f*ckin nightmare.


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  10. #10
    Established Member Two Rings jsilas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 29 2015
    AZ Member #
    366437
    My Garage
    2016 S6, 2018 SQ5, 2016 R1M, 2004 R1
    Location
    Snoqualmie, WA, PNW

    Quote Originally Posted by 4Chio View Post
    contact Troy his prices are really good. many on the board have used him

    http://www.fd-warranty.com
    Good guy, but TS claims the car he's looking at is already out of warranty. Troy told me he's only able to sell warranties on cars that are currently covered.
    2016 S6 | Mythos / Black | Prestige | Carbon | Black Optic | Bang & Olufsen | Driver Assistance | Sport | APR Stage II ECU/TCU | CoD disabled | APR DPs | AWE Touring | VIM (OBD11) | -16mm height (VCDS) | +30mm width (H&R) | EuroCode Sway Bars | Opti-Coat Pro+ | XPEL Ultimate PPF | XPEL ceramic tint



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2018 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.